Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery - Face - sagging skin

It's now been over a year since my surgery and I have been really lucky not to have a lot of loose skin. I do however have loose skin in place I didn't expect, the worst being my butt (which I can live with) and unfortunately my face. I'm 42 and I suddenly look much older than that! Has anyone had surgery on their face after their sleeve? I know 42 is young to think about a facelift but it's very visible and it really bothers me. I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

TIA

I'm 52, and I also lost enough in my face to look like what I call a "weight loss victim". I also had a ton of sagging skin on my behind. I just had a lower body lift, and that did wonders for my behind! I had my arms done, too, also great outcome.

But for my face, I'm afraid to do too much to it, so I had some fillers injected (juviderm, I think). Anyway, that did wonders for me. She injected in the creases along side my nose and mouth, and also a little botox on my forehead lifted my eyelids. I think I'm going to get a little Voluma in the cheek area, which will lift your face a little. Also, the skin on my face and neck did tighten some, over time. I just don't want to look stretched and un-natural, so I'm a little afraid to have a face lift, though eventually, I might. I'm going to try a laser treatment on my neck since they can't put fillers there, and it's pretty bad. I don't mind looking my age or aging, but I really don't want to look older than I am!

Camella,

I've had extensive fillers, Botox and am undergoing Venus freeze on my arms. They are less expensive than plastic surgery and plastic surgery only lasts so many years. That is why so many celebrities that start using plastic surgery look so freakish over a period of time. They have one surgery, it only lasts so long, then they have another and another and then their face is all out of proportion.

They have come a long way with non-surgical means to improve the appearance of the face and the rest of the body. I would add the caveat that sometimes plastic surgery is the only alternative for the legs, arms and abdomen.

Good luck,

Blessings,

Kathleen

Curious why you all chose those type of fillers. Local PS told me fat injections is lowest risk and most natural results.

I'm considering some kind of fix for my "chicken neck," so I'm eager to read about others' experiences. @MichiganChic would you consider posting before and after pics?

I had some bad turkey neck a year after surgery, but 3 years later it is pretty good. I think time and my dance class helped! We do chest lifts that work your neck, and it really helped tone up what could be toned!

Are you willing to give your "sagging" face/neck a little more time? I have found that my terrible chicken neck and sagging face have recovered a bit as my weight loss has (unfortunately) slowed down. I looked really scary/droopy for several months. I figured it was just going to be the "new" me (though I did not like the look of it...I was happy to see my cheekbones again but not happy to see soooo much sag). With time everything has smoothed out.

A little patience? PS I am a 56yo female with very dry and sun damaged skin. Nothing "miracle" about my chances for skin recovery. Just allowing time for my body to adjust to my new self

Curious why you all chose those type of fillers. Local PS told me fat injections is lowest risk and most natural results.

Non surgical vs. surgical i.e needing Lipo to harvest the fat first. Plus if I don't love my result, it is temporary. Fillers last only 6-12 months. Not saying I wouldn't love a fat transfer to my cheeks but for now Juvederm will have to suffice until I have plastics.

@@CowgirlJane I chose the filler because they are quick, simple, minimally invasive, fairly inexpensive (comparatively), easily obtained, and temporary. The state of Michigan doesn't require a physician to inject. I happened to come across a nurse who works under the physician's licence, and is a trainer for the company who makes all of those products. I saw the people she worked on, and they all look natural. She comes to the beauty salon I go to about every three months, so it makes it very convenient. Honestly, I might not have done it if it weren't for all those factors. However, I really like the results. I tried botox around my eyes for fine lines, but didn't like the results of that (it left me no fine lines,but it did cause a little crease under my eye) so I haven't redone that.

@@JeanZ_RN I will post pics of my neck if I decide to move forward with that. I would have that done in the office of my plastic surgeon - but it's a med tech who does it, so again, the dr. isn't actually doing the work. I'll also see if I can find some before and afters of the fillers, too and post them.

Thank you everyone, I will be sure to look at all the different alternatives before I make any decisions.

I'm thinking of fillers and maybe ulterapy for my little chin. But if I go in for plastics, I was thinking a mini lower face lift would pull everything back and keep it in place longer. I'm 37 and people say I look younger, but I can see it and I would rather not.

Facial exercises has worked wonders for me. Just like exercise (running and weight lifting) has tighten up some places on my body prior to having plastic surgery, it has helped my entire face improve up to 70%. I look younger and my face is getting tighter, fuller and has lifted. Amazing!!! There are so many facial exercising books on the market. I got my book from Amazon.

@@Sweet Pee I'd like to get whichever book it is that you've found useful. Could you post the title and author, please?

Miss Craig's Face-Saving Exercises; A 6-Day Plan Which Teaches You How to Naturally Lift the Sagging Muscles of the Face

This is the book I use. I personally think it is the best.

Here is what might be a weird question? Has any one tried the ice sculpting fat removal over plastic surgery ?

And did you have to pay out of pocket ?

Did any one change insurances before they had the plastic surgery ?