Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

Lol, tacycakes. Layknee yesterday with "eat what?" and you today with Panera advertising.

Let's see if I figured this out....

Look what I had to pick up today for my son!! (I took him to get his driving permit and took him out to lunch afterwards)

Oh--and I'm known to eat at this AMAZING deli on average 4 times a week.... :wacko:

Won't be doing that for a LONG time!!!

Has anyone heard from wlswarrior? Surgery was the 8th I believe.

I don't think we will be able to tolerate bread. I think it'd have to be an amazing salad for you ma'am.

@rscaggs22

When they send the paperwork to the insurance company they have to enter a date. You can change it. My approval letter had dates that had already passed but the hospital called and gave them the correct date when it was decided.

Thanks everyone for the support regarding my insurance approval. A October Loser sticks to it true and true!

bread, really. You are the bravest woman I know Amylynns

Is anyone else doing a sort of food 'funeral'? I feel like since I am starting my pre-op diet on Monday, I am eating things this week that I will either never eat again or won't be able to eat in a long time. Strange...

Hi AuriP, how are doing today?

I am home now. The gas pain has been the worst. It got caught under my diaphragm and then under my rib cage. So painful I just cried in agony. One thing that is weird though is that I can drink and drink Water. Doesn't hurt. I thought it would hurt to over do it with water. I mean I only sip, but strange. Not hungry at all.

I have to admit, I did eat a few things that I know I would miss but ate in small portions here and there because I didn't want any weight gain.

@@walkin'onsunshine good to hear from you.

Ouch the gas sounds bad. Good to know about the Water. It seems like it goes right through you. I was expecting drinking to be somewhat uncomfortable. The lack of hunger is normal from what I read.

I am sure it feels good to be home

Is anyone else doing a sort of food 'funeral'? I feel like since I am starting my pre-op diet on Monday, I am eating things this week that I will either never eat again or won't be able to eat in a long time. Strange...

I thought I was alone in calling it food funerals. I will sorely miss my Chik fila for a few months.

Hi All, Surgery on Tuesday and home this afternoon. Everything went very well I had the worst time with chest pain , dr had me do a swollen test and esophagus was very swollen so placed me on decadron to reduce swelling so I could start drinking. It started helping after the second dose so taking Clear Liquids real slow and steady. Still in insulin the decadron messed up my blood sugars but probably for a very short time. Very glad to be home.

@@walkin'onsunshine good to hear from you.

Ouch the gas sounds bad. Good to know about the Water. It seems like it goes right through you. I was expecting drinking to be somewhat uncomfortable. The lack of hunger is normal from what I read.

I am sure it feels good to be home

So glad to be home... So glad to start this journey. Best feeling ever.