Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

Okay everyone,

OCT 7th is a mad rush. There are a ton of gladiators going through tomorrow. I apologize in advance if I forget someone. It's getting harder for my little brain to keep track.

Best of luck to:

walkin'onsunshine

hharrison43

dc0520

Joy59

Luvin_Life125 was a maybe. I noticed she was not on the upcoming surgeries, so not 100% sure

Sherri4Health is going to fight another day as she is still sick from a cold

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Best of luck everyone! We are cheering you on! Let us know how you did!

Thanks Beni. I go in at 7:30. Surgery at 9:30. I am in WA State. Super duper excited. Best wishes to all our Oct. 7th peeps today.

Okay! So I feel pretty great! Just did my barium swallow and I am officially LEAK FREE! My surgeon, dr Trahan at MJH is phenomenal and the whole hospital is wonderful and the staff are so kind✨

I've been on three walks total. My pain level is negligible when I'm cozy in bed, but on the walks or in a wheelchair it spikes up to a 4. The biggest incision hurts like a b***h when I do that or cough.

Deep breathing is tough, and they're a little worried about my oxygen. But I'm working on sitting more upright and deep breathing exercises.

No gas pains yet!! Feeling pretty great.

Yay!!!!!! So excited for you!!! You're doing awesome! Keep up on those walks!!! It'll help with the gas staying away too! You're a rockstar!!

Good luck to everyone having surgery today!!! Thinking of you!!

I got in 144oz of fluids yesterday!! 56oz of that was actual Water. I had dry mouth all day, so it wasn't hard to keep drinking. I had only "drank" 805 calories as of 8:30PM last night. I'm supposed to be at about 1000. I wasn't really hungry, but had some regular Jello to up the calories a bit before I headed to bed. I was VERY tired!!!

I woke up at some point during the night with a horrendous headache, fell back asleep. Woke back up at 3:30 and it was SO bad. I HATE taking meds, avoid it as much as possible, but ended up taking some Aleve. It took the edge off a bit so I could sleep a bit more. Got up at 6:30 and at 7 took some more meds. Excedrin, with caffine. I feel a lot better now, but my head feels funny from the caffeine. LOL..

Having my de-caf morning coffee now, will have my "food" (OJ Shake) pretty soon here. :P I love it!

Oh---I went to a support group meeting last night that the Bariatric Dept. puts on once a month. They had a guy who had lost 225 pounds with the Sleeve there telling his story. It was great! There were about 15 people there at all stages. A couple ladies were over 10 yrs out, with having the RNY. Several others on their 2 week pre-op diet and others heading to surgery in the next few days. It was nice chatting with everyone, giving each other tips.

Better go get some work done! :rolleyes:

So glad to hear you are doing well superbariatricbabe. Yesterday at my support group there were 3 people, 2 weeks past surgery and pain free, walking around good as new. Not long at all.

Hey, does anyone have one of those fitbits or a comparable one? They're pretty expensive with the readout on some of them. I didn't know if they are worth it or if it's just as easy to keep up with Water by your phone timer. I've heard that they are also a pedometer and heart rate gauge.

I have a FitBit and LOVE it! (although I haven't worn it in several weeks, I really need to get it charged up!) Mine was the model that was about $99. It really did motivate me to move!! Also, I had mine set to vibrate (like a little reward) when I had burned a certain number of calories for the day. It really does help motivate you to reach those goals you set.

I was using MyFitnessPal website with it. They'd sync to each other. I liked logging my food on MFP better than the Fitbit site.

I like that the fitbit also tracks your sleep.

I have a FitBit and LOVE it! (although I haven't worn it in several weeks, I really need to get it charged up!) Mine was the model that was about $99. It really did motivate me to move!! Also, I had mine set to vibrate (like a little reward) when I had burned a certain number of calories for the day. It really does help motivate you to reach those goals you set.

I was using MyFitnessPal website with it. They'd sync to each other. I liked logging my food on MFP better than the Fitbit site.

I like that the fitbit also tracks your sleep.< /p>

I swear by the Ap Myfitnesspal.com I used that for the first time just to track my food and it helped me make better food choices. I lost 10 pounds in a month. Just shows how much extra sodium and high fructose sugar I was eating. Getting in the exercise was my problem. This weight has made walking more than 2 blocks at a time feel like I was doing a 5k. I do love the Fitbit as well for tracking my steps and other exercise but I keep losing them. I just bought a new one so I'll be ready with PostOp walking.

Good luck to everyone having surgery today!!! Thinking of you!!

I got in 144oz of fluids yesterday!! 56oz of that was actual Water. I had dry mouth all day, so it wasn't hard to keep drinking. I had only "drank" 805 calories as of 8:30PM last night. I'm supposed to be at about 1000. I wasn't really hungry, but had some regular Jello to up the calories a bit before I headed to bed. I was VERY tired!!!

I woke up at some point during the night with a horrendous headache, fell back asleep. Woke back up at 3:30 and it was SO bad. I HATE taking meds, avoid it as much as possible, but ended up taking some Aleve. It took the edge off a bit so I could sleep a bit more. Got up at 6:30 and at 7 took some more meds. Excedrin, with caffine. I feel a lot better now, but my head feels funny from the caffeine. LOL..

Having my de-caf morning coffee now, will have my "food" (OJ Shake) pretty soon here. :P I love it!

Oh---I went to a support group meeting last night that the Bariatric Dept. puts on once a month. They had a guy who had lost 225 pounds with the Sleeve there telling his story. It was great! There were about 15 people there at all stages. A couple ladies were over 10 yrs out, with having the RNY. Several others on their 2 week pre-op diet and others heading to surgery in the next few days. It was nice chatting with everyone, giving each other tips.

Better go get some work done! :rolleyes:

Hey amylynns glad your feeling better. What day is this for your PreOp liquids?

Starting my 1 week liquid diet today, one week from now I will be out of surgery by this time. Getting nervous ???? but excited????, little manic maybe ????

Well surgery is 2 days out 10/9 6 am be there 10 am surgery. I am ready to start this new phase of my life. Nothing worth having is easy, I don't expect to be easy, just coming up with a plan and following that plan. Planning ahead on meals and exercise. I have a great local support group, we meet tonight, so I can voice any concerns there as well as on this board. My friend Denise had surgery 11 mos ago and she has been a God send, always there for support and encouragement along the way.

I ask you guys to send good thought and prayer my way.

Thanks, glad I was referred to this board.

Jyoyonomore--This is just day 2 of 14! :-)

About ready to leave for the hospital surgery starts at about 1030. See everyone on the other side!!!!!! Superbariatricbabe I want to do as good as you!!!!!! Thank you everyone.

Well surgery is 2 days out 10/9 6 am be there 10 am surgery. I am ready to start this new phase of my life. Nothing worth having is easy, I don't expect to be easy, just coming up with a plan and following that plan. Planning ahead on meals and exercise. I have a great local support group, we meet tonight, so I can voice any concerns there as well as on this board. My friend Denise had surgery 11 mos ago and she has been a God send, always there for support and encouragement along the way.

I ask you guys to send good thought and prayer my way.

Thanks, glad I was referred to this board.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way!! Planning ahead and exercising are my downfalls, but I know these two things are very necessary!! Something I know I will be working on!! So glad you have a friend to help you out close to you. I have several friends and family members that have had the surgery, so I have a great support also. :-)

About ready to leave for the hospital surgery starts at about 1030. See everyone on the other side!!!!!! Superbariatricbabe I want to do as good as you!!!!!! Thank you everyone.

You'll do great!!! Can't wait to hear back from you!!!

I am so.... clever, figured out how to get hot pink lettering! ;)

misstvb and wlswarrior are going on the 8th and majones_orl on the 9th, layknee 13th, yoyonomore and smiley922 on the 14th and OnePhatWhoDat 15th. We'll get to the 20ths later.

Anyone else with dates in the single digits and teens in our little group is missed? How are you all getting ready for the big day? what prep, mental or otherwise have you all been doing?

I am so.... clever, figured out how to get hot pink lettering! ;)

misstvb and wlswarrior are going on the 8th and majones_orl on the 9th, layknee 13th, yoyonomore and smiley922 on the 14th and OnePhatWhoDat 15th. We'll get to the 20ths later.

Anyone else with dates in the single digits and teens in our little group is missed? How are you all getting ready for the big day? what prep, mental or otherwise have you all been doing?

@@Beni seriously I have been having food funerals. I looked at this u open bag of smoked almonds and almost cried. I feel like I need to eat the world. But I'm not hungry. It's just mind over matter. There's a devil sitting in my shoulder saying "a couple of nuts won't hurt you've walked 15,000 steps today."

I want I want.

But I have to stop myself and remember Helene you're saving your own life. The power is in you. And then I go sit down and stop trying to graze in the kitchen.