Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

Beni!! NO WAY!!!! I would be BEYOND Ticked off!!! I can't believe that NUT won't help you out by re-doing her notes?! Seriously!? Can you maybe see the other NUT again and submit those notes instead? UGH....how incredibly frustrated you must be. And the blood work, and your car.... SO sorry Beni!! :angry:

When will you know for sure what's going to happen?? You already have a surgery date set, right???

Layknee you definitely have a good plan and you did really good, actually it really wasnt even a cheat lol.

Beni what an awful day, after going through so many hoops as the time gets closer there seems to be last minute things coming up that almost nakes you want to say forget it. For me I was suppose to have surgery for Sept 9th. August 13th I lost my job of 16 years requiring to pay Cobra then insurance changes 3 month NUT visits to 6. But things worked out Surgery set for October 7th because insurance went back to the 3 month nut requirement. So even though I am on the home stretch I am still just waiting for something else to happen. Hang in there it will come together and you will get this done.

Amy, Thank you. I feel terrible. I don't usually cry but I have twice today. After my car and the NUT phone call. I have a note from August and another from September from that NUT. The second NUT I saw in September and October 1st, They have to be one from each month. My doctor's staff were so sure I would have no problem with my insurance as I have great coverage and they usually only take a week or two to respond. They went ahead and scheduled the surgery because I was trying to do this before Christmas.

Joy, looks like you too had a horrible time through this and you are still here. It gives me hope this too shall pass

But there is still hope insurance will approve with the bad NUT notes. I won't know for a week or two.

Karen, how are you doing? I have been thinking of you! Mostly before the you know what hit the fan.

@@Sherrib4health glad you figured out that "@" symbol lol. You just click the "@mention" under people's name. :)

You know...it really upsets me with all the rigamarol they put obese people through. First of all, we're the last accepted prejudice. We are still allowed to be discriminated against. Then, we go to our first info meeting, get all excited and then we're forced to wait at least 6 months or more. Then, they make us jump through more hoops to get us to the actual surgery. Not only that, it blows me away that we have to prove that we've tried to lose weight before! Are you kidding me? It seems to me the insurance companies are filled with clueless, never-been-fat people who believe they know what's best for us without even knowing us! I understand all the medical tests. But this whole procedure needs to be addressed and changed. We've all worked hard to be here and we all deserve to have this wonderful tool that's been provided to us. But the tears, frustration and insurance red tape games need to stop. It needs to stop!

THE WORST DAY EVER!

Before I started on this journey I knew my insurance required 3 month NUT visits for approval. I wasn't sure I wanted to do WLS but decided to go see a nutritionist because if I did, I wouldn't have to wait 3 more months. Then, I went on research mode. Ended up deciding to go for it. Decided on my Bariatric Doctor (BD), etc. Saw his NUT 3 times as per his requirement. Have had 5 NUT appointments in 3 months, 2 with first NUT and 3 with second NUT

Now comes time to submit paper work for insurance and the NUT I saw for visit #1 and #2 is different from my doctor's NUT (for visit #3). The first NUT turns out has the worst note taking skills. My Dr's staff thinks there's a chance insurance won't approve surgery because of this. They request that I ask her to do another write up with more detail.

NOW MY DAY

1. NUT: First NUT refuses to redo her paperwork because she is offended and has been doing this for 500 years and this is the way she does her notes. I cannot convince her otherwise and I tried everything, even paying her for another hour for her time and trouble.

2. PSY EVAL: My Psy Evaluation, (done two weeks ago) has not been sent to BA office as requested and the Psychologist is out of town. Nobody at the office can fax eval.

3. Pre-surgery medical clearance: Done yesterday. Turns out the nurse who drew my blood forgot to freeze 3 tubes of blood as required for tests. Have to redo blood test again today. Since I have only one good vein with 1/8 inch location, she has to go in with the needle on same exact location. It hurt like no blood test I ever did before.

4. Drive back home from blood test #2: Arm hurts way more then it should and won't stop bleeding while I'm driving home. It did eventually. But I did drip blood all over. Shouldn't have removed bandaid.

5. Jerk in highway honks and refuses to allow me to merge in construction area (even though it was my turn to merge and no place to go) causing me, the one arm driver, to hit the concrete barrier damaging my 3 month old dream car.

I may have to wait another two months for my surgery because insurance may not approve it due to NUT poor note taking skills. And, oh yes, I'll have to do that blood test again for the third time because it will be outdated in two months.

What the &$#%

oh nooooo. WTH!!!

Aww Beni I'm sorry to hear this. All went well with my surgery, just a bit of nausea and pain. Nausea probably from anesthesia. Still a bit tired too. Finally able to wake up a little bit more. Just had swallow eval to check for leaks, all good. That's an asshole NUT, what a jerk.

Oh beni, I am so sorry this has happened. the first NUT sounds like a real nasty piece of work. But insurance companies have different ways of working so it's totally possible that your paperwork will be okay!

How's everyone holding up this morning?

Awesome Aurip!!! Glad to hear you're doing well. Have they got you walking yet?

Not much yet, was pretty dizzy still. I have stood though. I will be happy when they take this catheter out though.

You are doing great AuriP!!!????????

@Auri--So glad you checked in. I was wondering how you were doing! UGH, hate being nauseated after surgery! :-( I forgot about the darn catheter!!

Oh, I was going to ask you and Karen...how many days do you have to stay in?? And, not to be too personal--but do you have drains? From what I understand, I'll be going home with 2 drainage bags or whatever they are. I am not looking forward to that! I'll know more on the 14th, I think that's the day of my pre-op appointment. I thought it was next week, getting ahead of myself I guess. :-)

I go home on Saturday if I feel well enough. No drains for me.