Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

Okay so it ate my post. I'm too tired to repost it. Needless to say I measured and weighed myself for future reference. I won't be on in the morning because they don't want my belongings in when I first get there. My husband will be bringing them to me when he gets off work after 2:30pm cst. No sleep for me tonight too nervous.

Pics came out fine AuriP! Good luck in the morning. You'll do great!

Aurip- wishing you an uncomplicated surgery and a speedy recovery. You are strong and ready for this! ????????????☀️

AuriP wishing you all the best tomorrow sending you lots of good thoughts.

AuriP The best is right around the corner. You got this Gladiator!

Best wishes AuriP!

Thinking of you Auri!!! I love your pics, you are SO pretty Auri!!! ;)

Now the important stuff, no red pedi for me, no pedi or mani, period. That's okay, I can deal with small setbacks.

Amylynns, I'll get that list ASAP-super busy day

Next surgeries after AuriP tomorrow Oct 1 are superbariatricbabe and zoepoodle (have not heard from in a while). How are you two holding up? Pre-diet driving you crazy yet? I think I am driving my NUT a little crazy with so many questions.

Oh bummer Beni! No mani or pedi?? I guess I better double check when I have my pre-op appointment on the 14th to be sure I can get a pedi. Not a big thing in big picture! :)

Whenever you get a chance to send that is fine, take your time! :P

Alright date two of the pre-op diet and I've already slipped I had a Protein Shake about 3 o'clock in the morning at work and then I didn't eat anything else I just drink Water and then at like 7 o'clock at night I went to Endless shrimp.

What ever you do don't beat yourself up. It is a journey and filled with choices and learning experiences. You made some really good choices keep it up.

What ever you do don't beat yourself up. It is a journey and filled with choices and learning experiences. You made some really good choices keep it up.

i chalk it up to I wasn't actually supposed to start it until the six. So I was using this week as a test week. I picked up some vegan Meal Replacements and some Protein powder to add to my chicken broth. post-234841-14122726163616_thumb.jpg

Last night the server kept bringing the shrimp but I couldn't eat but the first 12. So I didn't go all the way off.

THE WORST DAY EVER!

Before I started on this journey I knew my insurance required 3 month NUT visits for approval. I wasn't sure I wanted to do WLS but decided to go see a nutritionist because if I did, I wouldn't have to wait 3 more months. Then, I went on research mode. Ended up deciding to go for it. Decided on my Bariatric Doctor (BD), etc. Saw his NUT 3 times as per his requirement. Have had 5 NUT appointments in 3 months, 2 with first NUT and 3 with second NUT

Now comes time to submit paper work for insurance and the NUT I saw for visit #1 and #2 is different from my doctor's NUT (for visit #3). The first NUT turns out has the worst note taking skills. My Dr's staff thinks there's a chance insurance won't approve surgery because of this. They request that I ask her to do another write up with more detail.

NOW MY DAY

1. NUT: First NUT refuses to redo her paperwork because she is offended and has been doing this for 500 years and this is the way she does her notes. I cannot convince her otherwise and I tried everything, even paying her for another hour for her time and trouble.

2. PSY EVAL: My Psy Evaluation, (done two weeks ago) has not been sent to BA office as requested and the Psychologist is out of town. Nobody at the office can fax eval.

3. Pre-surgery medical clearance: Done yesterday. Turns out the nurse who drew my blood forgot to freeze 3 tubes of blood as required for tests. Have to redo blood test again today. Since I have only one good vein with 1/8 inch location, she has to go in with the needle on same exact location. It hurt like no blood test I ever did before.

4. Drive back home from blood test #2: Arm hurts way more then it should and won't stop bleeding while I'm driving home. It did eventually. But I did drip blood all over. Shouldn't have removed bandaid.

5. Jerk in highway honks and refuses to allow me to merge in construction area (even though it was my turn to merge and no place to go) causing me, the one arm driver, to hit the concrete barrier damaging my 3 month old dream car.

I may have to wait another two months for my surgery because insurance may not approve it due to NUT poor note taking skills. And, oh yes, I'll have to do that blood test again for the third time because it will be outdated in two months.

What the &$#%

I have my pre-op with my surgeon and staff tomorrow, and RNY surgery on 10/9. This is really happening.