Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some unexpected NSVs have me LOLing in public. You?

I'm with @@TatorTot ... please keep the NSVs coming. I am also loving this thread. This is real life. Who care what the damn scale says.

So happy for you!

Also glad u didn't drown

I am 83 pounds down so far from my HW of 258. This week family visited from out of state, and one attraction everyone wanted to go to is Brook Green Gardens in SC. This is an enormous park with hundreds of huge statues and waterfalls and lush gardens and large nature trails with animals in their natural habitat. Well, we walked ALL over the whole place; it took 4 hours! I (and everyone else) was amazed that I could not only walk the trails, but keep right up with them as well! Not even sore the next day. This may not sound like much, but you are talking to a girl that WOULD NOT EVEN WALK ACROSS THE STREET TO THE MAIL BOX! Still beaming!

These are awesome!

Okay...I'll say it! I never expected personal hygiene to be easier! From showering, going potty, grooming....less time, less effort, cleaner. Without going into detail...just hope I'm not the only person who realized being fat had cleanliness issues I wasn't aware of until now!

went to see the family doctor last Friday. He was not available, so I had to see one of his associates. This guy is sharp, figured out my problem quickly. Then came the quiz: how tall are you, how much do you weigh? I knew where this was going. I started to chuckle. He is a bit of a smart ass, so I asked him at what stage do you want to know my weight. I informed him that last January 1st I was 85 lbs heavier than I am now. His jaw dropped, he said never mind the questions and left. I guess he couldn't be bothered to read my chart-he would have known I had WLS. LOL Best I have felt in years after being to the doctor.

This is a great thread for those folks way too focused on the numbers. It's all about quality of life, not what you weigh, or what size your jeans are.

Today at lunch I went down to the canteen a bit earlier than my close friend who I have lunch with everryday for 7 years, I got my food but he had not yet arrived so I went to sit with my friend's boss who usually would join both of us if he didn't have company. I waited so long but my friend didn't show up, then the colleague I sat with told me that my friend was there already but he went sitting with other friends.

Then after lunch I went to see my friend and he confessed that he saw that his boss was eating with "someone' but he didn't recognize that the person was ME!! that's why he went to sit at the other table!!!

Oh la là, I laughed so hard!! This is huge!! my best friend couldn't recognize me from behind!!! He also mentioned that my dress today is already hanging off me! :P Well, I'm still mostly between sizes (dropped from 16-18 to 12-14) I don't want to buy new clothes just yet, luckily I still have some old clothes of size 14 kept from a few years ago and I am now trying to wear the clothes size 16 that hanging fully in my closet before I really have to give them up :-(

Caution: adult situations to follow. I went through some boxes of old clothes and found a Victoria's Secret hot pink teddy from my thinner days. Surprised my husband by wearing it to bed one night and he couldn't stop complimenting me. I finally told him to stop talking and start "getting busy" LOL. We both had a great time that night!

Caution: adult situations to follow. I went through some boxes of old clothes and found a Victoria's Secret hot pink teddy from my thinner days. Surprised my husband by wearing it to bed one night and he couldn't stop complimenting me. I finally told him to stop talking and start "getting busy" LOL. We both had a great time that night!

Can't wait to get into some cute undies.

unexpected NSVs have me LOLing in public.

@@LipstickLady

was in a parking lot the other day

there was very little space/room between cars :angry:

had no problem walking through such a small area :)

then again, i realized i have a "small area too" :lol:

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Proud grammy, I just had the exact same thing happen to me just this morning ! Weird !!! Another person parked their car too close to mine at the Y, I had to move my mirror in to get to my door. I slid right through this small space like it was nothing ! I got a swim workout AND a NSV , not a bad way to start my day !! Woot! Woot !!

ok so ill add one to this growing list. It amazes me that my hubby (who had WLS the month before me) and myself can hug each other without having to lean into each other over our bellies. and the sex just gets better and better. sorry tmi!

@@LipstickLady what a pleasant read! The hip story had me dying laughing. It's so good to be able to get on such a forum where I find people that can echo some of the experiences I have.

Just yesterday, I had a NSV in that I packed up my gym bag to attend a Zumba class right after work. So I got to the gym and changed into what I had grabbed - tights and a t-shirt - that used to fit me really really snuggly. I thought it would fit since what the heck? It was lycra. Boy was I wrong, I spent the entire class pulling the tights up cause they were slipping so couldn't go full out on the moves and the t-shirt was EXTREMELY loose on me. Although the inconvenience of not being able to hop around for fear of dripping my pants, I chuckled as I was reminded that I have indeed lost 73+ pounds!!!! The girl I see in the mirror at the gym has defined legs and a small waist!