Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 1 yr post op-willing to mentor :)

@@waitin2bthin

Congrats on your weight loss! I had my surgery October 14th. My goal was 25 for my two week check up. I think I lost 22 by then.

Hello im looking for a mentor is anyone willing my surgery is 6 jan 2015

Im 20 months post surgery, stopped losing weight wen i was one year out. My goal weight is still 4 kgs away. I count calories and im within 1200 to 1300 calories. But now my weight wont budge anymore. Can someone suggest exercises which wont harm my knee? I had to stop yoga and walking in between cos of a knee problem i had. Anyone out there to help?

@@dropdeadweightdiva

When I was pregnant with my son I couldn't find a prenatal Vitamin that didn't make me sick. My ob told me two Flinstones complete with Iron were equivalent to a prenatal vitamin! And they don't make me sick!!! Check with your doc...maybe that could be an easier alternative.

I can also be a buddy for someone

Edited by JourneyToLife

For some some reason it won't let me update my progress

Hi All,

I am very sorry for my complete drop off over the last month or so. Admittedly whatever this lovely flu is that is going around it wreaked havoc staggeringly in my household and between that and Christmas I was just happy I found time to pee lol..

On that note I hope to be much more present from now on barring any new flu varieties that come to roost.

I appreciate everyone for being involved in this post and thank those who took the time to help answer questions while I was gone.

I also need a mentor! I had surgery 10/29/14, about 4 weeks out. HW 305, SW 297, CW 273. I'm getting VERY discouraged because I'm just not losing much weight at all. Dropdeadweightdiva, I would love to get the weight training program you mentioned.

<script> //</script>

I will repy privately and get that to you this week. Please don't be discouraged as everyone's weight loss is different and as long as you do the best you can to stay true to plan then over time it will come off, I promise.

Hello,

I am 1 week post op sleeve, getting my Water in and trying to get in my Protein. I am always hungry!!! Is this normal and if so, how long does it last? It's discouraging, although early to be so hungry all the time.

Any input is welcome.

Thank you

-hungry

<script> //</script>

I am certain at this stage of the game this answer will no longer be valid to you and I apologize for that. As I have said I am also one who has the hunger issue. Early on while you are strictly on fluids, whether it be clear or shakes, Soups, strained everything the hunger can be relentless. It isn't until you get to start on solid Proteins that you feel satiated rather than simply full as your new tummy adjusts. I still have hunger and sometimes it's will power over everything else, and if I fall then you just have to get back up and start fresh.

Im 2 weeks post op scared ive stretched my sleeve with all the liquids Please help me understand

<script> //</script

The reality is that you can stretch your sleeve, but not with fluids. It is sooo important to stay hydrated at the best of times, especially post bariatric surgery because there are so many other conditions that dehydration can cause. The only nutrition you are taking in early out is from those fluids, as often Vitamins are not introduced until solids are started. Fluids are absorbed into the body at such a high rate that they don't sit in your stomach for nearly as long as solids do and certainly nowhere near as long a Protein based solids do. So go ahead and drink away, just remember that it is important to sip as although you can't stretch your sleeve, you can expand it for a time which can irritate and potentially put pressure on the incisions. I do know people that can 'chug' fluids almost as well as they could pre-op. You likely have noticed the difference between feeling full post Fluid and post solids at this stage of your journey.

Hello I had my sleeve done in November 14,2014 2 weeks out today would love a mentor i have so many questions and worries anybody wanna help I've only lost 32 lbs is that good??

<script> //</script>

Will try to answer any questions you have based on my experiences. Any loss post surgery is great. Just try really hard not to compare yourself to others, as there is no such thing as a 'good' or 'bad' weight loss. Any loss is fantastic, and if you try not to let your expectations get ahead of your body then when you do 'stall' or slow down in on the scale you are more likely to stay on task then allow disappointment in a number get you down. 32 pounds in just 2 weeks is crazy awesome!!! But, should not be seen by others as an expected norm. :)

I have gained 10 lbs past 6 months after 3years post op. I can not seem to lose it. Anyone out there with the same problem

<script> //</script>

This post may not be relevant to your situation depending on what you feel caused the weight gain. I can recommend the usual, mix up your exercise routine, challenge yourself more. Of course if you aren't weight training that can make a huge difference in loss. Another option is to drop your carbs and some downgrade their dairy intake, or maybe just count your calories for a couple days and make sure that you aren't overcompensating in an effort to lose and taking in fewer calories than you should or really comfortable with your eating and possibly taking in more than you think you are..

I am nowhere near your post op time line. But I can relate as during this absence from the site I threw myself off the band wagon and managed to put on 9 pounds in the last 8 weeks. Yep you read that right, 9 bleeping pounds. So for others early out or pre-op please know that this surgery is only a tool, it will not stop you from gaining weight when you make bad choices!! The stress, holidays, and the simple creep in of old habits is not uncommon a year out. Not excusing my choices by any means, I own it!

So I started to attempt a back to basics program again. Only this time I threw out the 5 day pouch test for the moment, after having read a post on another forum that addressed something we all fear could happen. I still believe in the effectiveness of the 5 day pouch test, but it wasn't what I needed to address the feeling that I had stretched my sleeve during this crazy eat whatever, whenever that was sooo reminiscent of days gone by. I am not implying that this was your issue for gain, I can only tell you what I am doing now to try to drop the gain and kick start the remaining weight I still want to lose.

So I am so grateful for her decision to share her story. She thought she'd stretched her sleeve and after review, sure enough she had. Her doctor put her on a back to basics diet which involved, I'm sorry for what I am about to disclose as no one is going to like it lol, 2 weeks of fluids only. Pre-op anyone? We all remember how horribly hard an all liquid pre-op is, the only thing that keeps you going is the thought of having your surgery cancelled or complications that you can avoid if you stick to plan. Post op, 2 weeks of fluids once you've started on 'real' food, pshhh who am I kidding, that's crazy talk.

Well it took me 2 weeks of daily efforts to then actually succeed on day15 in having a full Fluid day. So for anyone reading this looking for a mentor that is always on task and always on the wagon, keep looking because I am not the mentor for you.

Well my inspiration for this next little while, she buckled down and did it, and you know what it worked. The Xrays 2 weeks later were dramatically different. So I am now on day 6 of fluids and I can honestly say I already feel a difference in the restriction just in my Fluid intake. It isn't easy and the first 3 days, well they sucked. No headache this time though, and after day 3 the hunger was substantially less than it was pre-op. I don't know that I will last 2 weeks, I will likely try a Protein based meal on day 8 and see how it feels.. and if I don't feel what I know I should, then back to fluids it is. I have dropped over 5 of those pounds in these past 6 days. Although as you likely know dropping weight that has only been on for a short period of time is definitely easier than those pounds that are longterm. I expect the loss to slow dramatically if I do continue for the 2 weeks but for me this is more about the overall condition of my sleeve and the weight loss is secondary. If I treat it better once it rebounds then hopefully that will help me to be smarter the next time the cravings start.

We're all in this together, and what works for one, may not work for someone else. But most advice I find comes from a good place and as long as it seems rational then I figure it's worth a shot because the end goal is sooo worth it.

Edited by dropdeadweightdiva

Hello im looking for a mentor is anyone willing my surgery is 6 jan 2015

<script> //</script>

Well today was your big day, and I hope it went well and you are resting comfortably. I am sorry I was too late in responding to this request. But if you have any questions let me know. Healing thoughts and welcome to the lighter side :o)