Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 1 yr post op-willing to mentor :)

I got to goal in less than a year 104.5 lbs lost. Over the last few months I've not eaten/exercised the way I should and I've gained back 26 lbs. I've gotten further and further away from goal. I need to lose 21 lbs min to be at a happy/healthy place.

Joined a closer gym and started working out in the mornings again (my ideal time). Now just need to get back eating correctly and because I'm hungry and not because of stress, boredom and just because I'm happy or want to Celebrate.

I loved being at a healthy place and fitting clothes well.

Good luck tomorrow Ladies!!! Susan and Kpar909956, you are going to do great, just remember to walk walk walk and sip sip sip. Advocate for yourself, don't be afraid to ask for pain meds and gravol, the more you use the spirometer the easier it gets! We are all here for you! Allow yourself time to heal and try not to push yourself. Stay off the scale for a week while your body adjusts and the surgery swelling and Water weight disperse. Thinking of your both!

Wishing I knew how to tag people on here and happy to take instruction on it :)

I only know how to do it on the computer, under everyone's picture on the post there is an @mention in blue that you can click and it automatically puts their name in your reply.

@@dropdeadweightdiva

At the bottom of your info on the left side of the screen it says "mention", if you press this it puts the name in your reply. Thanks for the kind words! I'm off to the hospital. :)

I am 14 days post op and am concerned that I am not exercising enough. I have really bad back pain since surgery and it is just starting to feel better. I have several other health issues also. I try to get on my tread climber 3-4 times a day and cant seem to do more than 5 minutes. I seem to be losing weight, I have a fitbit I use to track steps. I try to increase steps everyday. But my high is only about 3200 steps.

Any suggestions very weak and tired. I get 60 Protein every day and 64 liquids. Not sure if it is because I am still on a full liquid diet until 11/14/2014. Suggestions/guidance/support please

Thanks

My surgery is November 13, I am reading the rough all the post-I would love a mentor!! I live in Florida, i am 52. I have been active all my life have done diets upon diets upon diets, up and down but mostly up in weight.

I heard that there is a lot of gas pain after, what exactly does that mean?

Good luck tomorrow Ladies!!! Susan and Kpar909956, you are going to do great, just remember to walk walk walk and sip sip sip. Advocate for yourself, don't be afraid to ask for pain meds and gravol, the more you use the spirometer the easier it gets! We are all here for you! Allow yourself time to heal and try not to push yourself. Stay off the scale for a week while your body adjusts and the surgery swelling and Water weight disperse. Thinking of your both!

Wishing I knew how to tag people on here and happy to take instruction on it :)

Via mobile, if you use @ before a user name with no spaces, it will tag them.

I am 14 days post op and am concerned that I am not exercising enough. I have really bad back pain since surgery and it is just starting to feel better. I have several other health issues also. I try to get on my tread climber 3-4 times a day and cant seem to do more than 5 minutes. I seem to be losing weight, I have a fitbit I use to track steps. I try to increase steps everyday. But my high is only about 3200 steps.

Any suggestions very weak and tired. I get 60 Protein every day and 64 liquids. Not sure if it is because I am still on a full liquid diet until 11/14/2014. Suggestions/guidance/support please

Sorry for the late response, been rather busy myself.. 2 weeks. now 3 weeks post op.. don't stress over exercise all you need to focus on right now is healing.. walking is all I would put your body through this early out.. and that doesn't have to include a treadmill just the sidewalk is fine or a circuit around inside your house/apartment. You will definitely notice a difference in your energy once solid Protein comes into play.. just make sure that you exercise lightly regularly so you don't lose muscle as the weight plummets for a while. I would leave your treadclimber for later.. that's why you can't do more than 5minutes, your body is telling you it's too soon.. you'll be able to walk further and just pick up the pace a little if you start to feel like it is too easy at your existing one. Again sorry so late.

Thanks

My surgery is November 13, I am reading the rough all the post-I would love a mentor!! I live in Florida, i am 52. I have been active all my life have done diets upon diets upon diets, up and down but mostly up in weight.

I heard that there is a lot of gas pain after, what exactly does that mean?

During any surgery they inflate the area with CO2 in order to better see and separate organs, tissue, etc. that gas needs to work its way through your system and generally speaking walking and movement is the only thing that will get it moving. It can create a lot of pain, especially in the shoulder as it works its way through..Some suggest Gasx etc but for me and a lot of others it doesn't work or doesn't work as well as desired so walk walk walk...

I also need a mentor! I had surgery 10/29/14, about 4 weeks out. HW 305, SW 297, CW 273. I'm getting VERY discouraged because I'm just not losing much weight at all. Dropdeadweightdiva, I would love to get the weight training program you mentioned.

Hello,

I am 1 week post op sleeve, getting my Water in and trying to get in my Protein. I am always hungry!!! Is this normal and if so, how long does it last? It's discouraging, although early to be so hungry all the time.

Any input is welcome.

Thank you

-hungry

Hello I had my sleeve done in November 14,2014 2 weeks out today would love a mentor i have so many questions and worries anybody wanna help I've only lost 32 lbs is that good??

Hello I had my sleeve done in November 14,2014 2 weeks out today would love a mentor i have so many questions and worries anybody wanna help I've only lost 32 lbs is that good??

You've lost 32 lbs in two weeks and you're wondering if that's good?

Ummmm heck yea.