Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 1 yr post op-willing to mentor :)

I put my question on a couple of the boards on this site. Hoping someone will have used it or some someone else who has. I just don't know what Protein peptides are. But boy, is it nice stuff...very fine, doesn't clump, and one serving is just a little scoop, maybe a tablespoon and a teaspoon measure. That's a lot nicer than the packets of protein that are you have to blend and shake and really work hard to get it mixed into anything.

I've never heard of protein peptides?

Edited by smithpy

The stomach "growling" is not hunger like you used to have. Its all caused by the gas. I hope you are taking a good PPI, that makes a huge difference!!

Do you have a monthly chart?? I'm now 4 months out and would love to be in the 140s like you are. Just wondering if I'm on track!

I went into surgery at 220 but started at 287 so my weight loss will be different than someone else's. Dropping weight prior to surgery will slow down the initial drop off but slow with a sleeve is still pretty fast compared to without one. :) I have been at my current weight plus or minus a cpl for 3 months now so a nice long stall lol.. At 4 months out I was 167lbs so down 53lbs from my surgery weight.. But please try to remember that there is no 'on track' answer as we all need to try very hard NOT to compare our overall journey to someone else's. Doing that will lead you to doubt and downplay your own accomplishments, trust me. I spent many a time in my head doing the .. someone else posts "204 and in a size 12" Meanhwhile I am down to 170 and in a size 12-14 leading me into the age old discussion of 'I hate my body type', people who weigh 30-40 pounds more than I do and are sizes below me..turning my overall great progress into a pile of I still feel so fat mush..... As long as you are making good choices 80% of the time, moving your body and getting in your Protein and fluids then you are doing great! And on those days when you feel fat break out the before pics and give yourself a big reality check!

I would love a seasoned sleever to buddy with. I was sleeved in Oct 2012 and lost just over 100 pounds. I've been off track for awhile and gained back almost 25 pounds.

I'm determined to get back on track and although I don't have to get as low as I was originally I do need to take off at least 15-20 pounds and more importantly eat right, exercise and not use food as a go to.

Thanks,

Pamela

I know that feeling as it's sooo hard once you step off the wagon to get back on and stay on.. Once you are further out you get surprised by how much you can actually eat of certain things or how often throughout the day you graze and lose track of how often you are actually putting food in your mouth. Right now my stall is partially cause of my choices and partially cause it's just harder to lose closer to goal. Regardless I am finally over beating myself up for the misteps and just focusing on making less of them. So I set little goals rather than looking at the final weight ones, but I like the idea of having a vet further along to keep me honest and in that 'team' mentality for staying on track and accountable. My one year appointment is in less than two months and then my clinic cuts me loose. Did you have a 1yr out weight loss goal? I am trying really hard not to do that to myself as it's a marathon and not a race. The optimal loss in the first year is true but it's exaggerated to make a person feel like if they don't reach their goal in that year they're doomed. So I am looking to reach my goal after tummy plastics which is quite a ways off. So in the meantime I am plugging away to reach my pre plastics weight of about another 5-10 lbs and my small goal is to get back into weight training as I am definitely slacking off there.. So on that note my for the rest of October goal is to weight train 3x/week... and to get back on top of my fluids..

@@Kpar909956

It is exciting. Have you started your pre-op diet? Do you have to do one? I am 3 days in to mine and starving. I am also pretty nervous about the surgery. Sometimes, I wonder why in the world am I doing this and then I remind myself of all the reasons this weight has become unacceptable to me. How are you feeling about everything? My youngest is 14, my oldest is 23, and my middle child is 18. What does CW stand for? I am not up on all the abbreviations. lol

CW is current weight

HW is highest weight

SW is surgery weight

NSV is non scale victory

I hope your pre-op isn't too much of a struggle and your nerves aren't getting the better of you! We're getting close now!

OMGOODNESS!!! I WANT A MENTOR ... MY DATE WAS OCTOBER 1ST...IM IN PAIN FROM THE GAS... MY STOMACH IS ACTUALY GROWLING BUT IM TERRIFIED OF EATING NYTHING .... I HATE VOMITING ALWAYS HAVE AND IM SCARED I WILL IF I DO EAT SOMETHING... I HAD HICCUPS YESTERDAY AND THAT ALMOST KILLED ME... SOMEONE HELP MEEEE

I am hoping you have an outline of stages for drinking/eating at this time.. Eating is not so much on your itinerary just yet but drinking, and not the fun kind lol, my oh my sip til you can sip no more and then swallow and sip some more. Agree the growling is gas shifting not hunger.. I hope it has alleviated a lot since your post. Puking is a little different post op, and not recommended this early out. Hiccups, hold your breath and swallow three times, my 8 year old taught me that and it works for me every time. There is an app called eat slower and you can set it for anytime between 0 and 3 minutes.. I used it allll the time when I was early out. Helped me pay attention so eating/drinking slower. It's free... Just remember that it does get easier not easy but definitely easier and more natural as you go along. I hope you are feeling much better now although for me it took almost 6 weeks to feel 'normal' again so allow yourself time to heal before you panic about what you just did to yourself.

Would love to have a mentor!

m4nurse, Welcome to our little group! Are you pre or post op?

I had my surgery July 21, 2014. I have had a problem for about a month now being constipated. Is that problem that is common. I started a couple of days ago eating Activia to see if that will help. Any other suggestions?

dreeves, have you tried colace? (generic is docusate) In general its for Constipation, but my surgeon ok'd it for post op.

I had my surgery July 21, 2014. I have had a problem for about a month now being constipated. Is that problem that is common. I started a couple of days ago eating Activia to see if that will help. Any other suggestions?

Completely common issue, sometimes the norm for a number of post ops.. Buy some powdered Fiber and add it to your shake or yogurt daily. I know a number of people that this has helped immensely and I use it to help thicken my daily Breakfast shake which keeps me full longer. Split peas are awesome for Fiber as well as all sorts of bean styles, artichokes, broccoli Also once you are a little further out you can try high fiber fruits like raspberries (because of small seeds you really want to guarantee you are beyond healed before adding), pear with skin, apple with skin. Carbs are a lesser desired add but bran buds into yogurt...

My son was on my tablet so congrats chicogirl3 it's a great suggestion.. lol just unsure as to what my 2yr old did to highlight it or how to undo it.. Well he's always had good taste lol

HW 289

SW 273

CW 250

That's awesome in 7 weeks.. how are you feeling? you started basically where I did, although i am only 5'4..