Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise accountabilty thread

I just found this thread, hope nobody minds if I chime in here, this will be good for me.

5/19/2007

14 mile bike ride, great day for it, loved it but knees hurt like the dickens when I got home.

5/20/2007- nothing formal, lots of house cleaning today tho.

5/21/2007- 50 minutes on the elliptical, 100 cruches on the ball.

25 mins elliptical - 2 miles all over 10 incline - 6 mins 20 incline

11 mins bike - 4 miles

i made my May challenge goal of 85 miles

Friday--90 min on treadmill; 90 min weightlifting; 15 min walk.

Saturday--60 minute treadmill

Sunday--90 min treadmill

Monday--45 min on treadmill; 45 min weightlifting; 100 crunches.

Stepped on the scale this morning and in 4 days I lost 8 lbs...near about fell off the scale! I had been alternating between 800 and 1000 calories a day and focusing on the best workouts I can. Guess it's paying off. :eek:

Tues - 5/22 - Elliptical 50 minutes. Upped the tension to 8 today for the entire workout forwards and backwards! (wonder if I will be able to walk tomorrow).

100 crunches on the ball.

First day at the gym yesterday so Ill keep checking in this thread to motivate me ...

10 mins cross trainer

30 mins weights - upper and lower body

40 laps of pool (breaststroke)

5 flights of stairs

Im thinking about starting Spinning ... do you have to be relatively fit before you start? My gym offers a beginners class...

Thurs-5/24- 1 hour personal trainer session, full body work out with cardio intervals. 100 crunches.

Fri. 5/25- 1 hour elliptical, 100 crunches.

I hope these stinking crunches are actaully doing something for me!

Lily - what is spinning?

had surgery on the 21st . Lost 6 lbs from the removal of extra skin. since then kinda doing the lying around in bed. I did do the pill pop every 6 hours. yesterday I went to Walmart ,5 days out of surgery and made it from the parking lot to a motorized shopping cart. then went home and did a 3 hour happy nappy. 5/26 got to take a shower and just about fainted getting dressed. I though exercise would help with recovery. This sitting around thing is for the birds.

Pat,

congrats on your loss and surgery!! :)

i've worked out every day except Thursday. i am having 'issues' with my thighs. my trainer says i have 'overtrained' and i need to take a few days off. i had an hour massage today and that helped a bit, but i am going to take 3 days off. :phanvan THAT i do not like... but my overall health and well being is more important than 3 days of exercise.

keep up the excellent work gals!!!

well my trainer told me ... :)

i have had very sore thighs since Monday or Tuesday. 24/7 borderline pain in my outside thigh muscles and they are ROCK hard. you can actually feel the knots in the muscles. even after working w/ Kari on stretching for 1/2 hour today and an hour massage, they are tender and knotty.

i am going to have DH use my foam roll and stretch twice a day until Wednesday. i hope that helps.

lusingjusme - ouch. I know how you feel, I honestly do. The other night my muscles in my quad area were having spasms. Man they hurt like a dickens. It made me jump out of bed and I tried to walk it out, and massage the area. I think I might have done too much too. I added some squats and lunges into my exercise session - I was so sore it hurt to sit on the toilet.

On Monday, I did another round of squats, lunges and its getting better, but still sore. I need to schedule me an hour massage I think, did it help?

This last time I did my LBWO (lower body work out), I made sure I streched really good afterwards (I usually don't), and it did seem to help "some".

Your doing so good with your exercising! So proud of you for making your 85 mile May goal too!

Last week I didnt do anything at ALL! I was protesting all this exercise and no scale loss - I WENT ON STRIKE.... well nothing happened. Still didnt lose anything and just felt bad about being on strike. So this week I am back at the gym with renewed vigor. I also started the couch to 5K running plan this week. So I work out one hour at the gym every day for cardio and then do my 25 minute running thing (did it monday and today (wed) so far) and I am still alive to talk about it. I dont know if I will be able to run for more than a minute at time (sure dont feel like it right now) but I am willing to give it a good college try! Wish me luck.... I want to be a runner (and a little scale loss would go a long way too right about now).