Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is everyone NOT going to miss after sleeve?

I'm not going to miss the feeling of walking into a room and thinking everyone is thinking about how fat I am.

I'm not going to miss being the fat friend.

I'm not going to miss being too self conscious to dance, feeling like people are laughing at me.

I'm not going to miss my weight being everyone's obvious go-to insult when **** hits the fan.

I'm not going to miss immediately taking down family pictures I've been tagged in on Facebook because of my bad self image.

I'm not going to miss my terrible asthma.

I'm not going to miss all my pants fitting on me like a rubber band fits around a marshmellow (lol)

I'm not going to miss the disgusting amount of guilt and disappointment I feel when I fail yet another diet.

I'm not going to miss the debilitating back, knee, and ankle pain I feel after a good day of hard work.

I'm not going to miss avoiding hanging out with friends, and making new friends, for fear of being judged by my weight.

I'm not going to miss wearing a sweater all year long because it's the only thing I'm comfortable wearing.

I can't wait until my outsides match my insides<3

I can't wait until I'm more than a pretty face.

I can't wait until my body doesn't have to lug around all this nonsense.

I cant wait until there's room between my body and the arm rests in movie theater seats.

I can't wait for cheek bones and collar bones!!! :]

I can't wait until I'm not judged for my waistline.

I can't wait to be able to take a bath, and still have room for more than just a couple cups of Water in the tub lol

I can't wait until my weight doesn't hold me back.

And I can't wait to see where this takes me. Let's do this damn thing ;)

Okay, that is the best description of the way my pants fit--like a rubber band around a marshmallow! It is something I have been so looking forward to since I started this process!

I agree with all of the above! I also will not miss sitting in a job interview more worried about my looks than my qualifications. I will not miss wondering if my size kept me from getting all those great jobs. I am well-educated, highly qualified in my field yet I think my weight is a huge barrier to success!

I am not going to miss having taking 2 showers a day and the sweating all the time. Not bumping my huge stomach into things all the time.

Putting my shoes on from the side.

Being winded after one flight of stairs.

Buying continuously bigger clothes.

Not being able to buy the clothes I want because they don't make them in my size.

Just being fat......

2 months post op and I've lost 55 lbs. I can honestly say that all of these things have already come to pass.

-I'm no longer winded climbing stairs. (And I've completed two 5K races)

-I'm buying smaller clothes because my old ones no longer fit.

-I've still got 50 lbs to go but I'm no longer feeling "fat"!

Life has changed for the better already!!

I am not going to miss not knowing if I will fit into a restaurant booth.

I do not miss trying to stretch my 3X shirt to make it look a little loose, so that it doesn't cling to my gut like I'm a contestant in a wet t-shirt contest! B)

I can't wait to stop doing that! Damn t shirts

I won't miss any of it either.

I am looking forward to walking to work and not worrying about being late or arriving sweaty.

I am looking forward to getting a bike. Wearing biking clothes, and participating in biking events.

I am looking forward to shopping for summer clothes. Going to a tailer to get them to fit me properly.

I am looking forward to hiking.

I am looking forward to cute boots and skinny jeans.

I am looking forward to not saying no to things because its too much effort.

I am looking forward to traveling more and experiencing more.

and that's just for starters.

being ashamed to eat in front of normal-sized people

NOT going to miss thinking about my weight constantly.

@@shizwiz

the reason i didn't like/want people to see me..eating...................

they saw/knew how heavy i was, and probably wondered "what the heck is she eating now?

the only "problem" now is that they see how little i am eating in amazement

but that's no problem for me :lol:

as far as thinking about my weight always................i think my obsession/thoughts will always be there - for me -

if i didn't think about my weight situation periodically, i might go back to old habits

one way i stay on top of my weight - is coming to the boards daily

its been 3+ years and counting

i plan on continuing to see "less and less" of you all :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

@@proudgrammy First off, I feel honored that a Bariatric Pal celebrity mentioned me in a comment!!! I'm over here all like 'WHOA!!! She said my naaaame!' LOL :)

I agree with you on thinking about weight constantly- I think it will keep me on my toes. However, I am excited for my negative thoughts to turn into more positive and constructive thoughts!

I used to go to bed just feeling guilty because, while I felt horrible about my health and weight, I hadn't done anything about it. In fact, the other day, I saw myself in a mirror..and I had a pang of 'I need to do something about this' and than I realized 'OMG I HAVE done something about this! I am doing it right now!!!' and I felt 10000% better.

Wheew. I'm goin' places!

Gonna miss not wearing men's tshirts to cover up my huge fatty flapper like arms

I'm not going to miss the backhanded compliments...people telling me "you've got such a pretty face" and knowing they're then thinking "but you're fat so if you'd lose weight you'd look better".

Accidentally bumping my toddler over with my butt! HAH.

Yeah there's that. He then apologozed to me.

I WON'T miss the fat girl store. I've been shopping there since high school and I am more than over it.

I WON'T miss the fear of causing my own early death becuase I can't seem to manage my weight.

I WON'T miss all the odd and unmentionable things fat people have to cope with just to bathe, dress, and be comfortable during the day.

I WON'T miss the judgmental looks from other people especially at the gym.

I WON'T miss wondering how uncomfortable a chair with arms will be or how awkward I look in it.

I WON'T miss feeling like I can't do something because of my size.

I WON'T miss feeling like I'm 80 when I get up off the floor from playng with my kids or when I get out of a chair.

Edited by KristyMe