Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is everyone NOT going to miss after sleeve?

I will not miss food being my life! And I will not miss the anxiety of seeing people I haven't seen in a while!!!!

I agree with many others. I will not miss sweating. Not fitting into movie theater seats, not having the car seatbelt fit, and I will not miss sitting in a chair and reading a book while my family is hiking up mountains and canoeing. I can't wait to go on adventures with my family and participate again. Also, I will not miss rude comments that people make and think they are funny.

I won't miss:

lying about my weight on my driver's license, carpooling in a two-door vehicle and stressing whether I'm going to get stuck getting into and out of the back seat, being on an elevator full of people and hoping that it doesn't lurch because I know they'll automatically think its because of me, fearing fire drills at work because it requires walking down four flights of stairs and then walking another two blocks to the meeting place, checking the window before I leave work everyday to see if the path is clear to the parking garage so no one will see my face turning red and my gasps for breath.

What I want to do:

Take a spinning class, get down on my hands and knees without worrying whether I can get up again, get up to go to the bathroom in a crowded movie theater without worrying that my butt is hitting everyone in the face as I squeeze by, feel confident that I have a better average chance of surviving a zombie apocalypse because I can actually run now! :-)

Oh man that elevator thing is the TRUTH! I always try to get on first so no one will know...

I won't miss so many things but what I won't miss the most is looking in the mirror and thinking how much different I feel on the inside than I do on the outside!

I'm not going to miss all the things mention in prior post but there might be afew things I will miss.

Being warm all the time in the winter not having to wear coat. Once weight is gone here come extra blankets and coats. Lol small price to pay but we'll worth it.

I may miss cokes. I haven't had a coke all week and yeah I miss it a bit. I'm sure it will get easier. I have a 6 month supervised diet and have to lose 20 lbs so 1 month at a time I'm giving up some bad habits. Lost 4 lbs in a week just giving up cokes.

Owning beautiful jewelry and not being able to wear it. #fatfingers

Me too! I can't wait to be able to wear some of the beautiful rings I have but can't because they don't fit my fingers and I don't want have them resized!

I don't miss walking into a room and feeling like the 'biggest girl in the room'. Many times, I'm the smallest. I don't miss being hungry, I mean that OMG, I'm starving hunger. Hopefully, after all this time, it will never return.

I will not miss wearing jeans or capris in the summer to cover my fat thighs, I will not miss always wearing a vest because I am self conscious, I will not miss double chins, DDD boobs, back, knee, and hip pain. I will not miss feeling self conscious being on top during dirty fun time ;) I will not miss having to take 10 different pictures at different angles to hide my fat. I will not miss being a hermit because I am horrified that I may run into someone I used to know when I was smaller. I will not miss having to make up excuses as to why I cannot go for a hike with my boyfriend. I will not miss being unhealthy!!!

I won't miss my bigger clothes! I will LOVE shopping again!!!

I will not miss all the meds for weight related problems or having to get a seatbelt extension on the plane????. I think I may try kayaking⚓️

I will not miss my stomach getting in the way of my love making:-) lol im just kidding. But really, I wont miss feeling like my failures are because of my weight. I'll find something new to blame them on lol....

I will not miss feeling so inadequate and like I am worthless. I know I put that on myself. I will not miss being told I have a pretty face and too bad my body doesn't match. I will not miss having to part my boobs at a restaurant when I sit in a booth (Ya'll know what I mean by that!) I will not miss my guy 'reminding me' that I will be 'so healthy' IF I just loose the weight.. (even though I have better blood pressure and cholesterol than he does)

I will not miss the 4 different size clothes in my closet. I will not miss pulling my pants up over my belly thinking it keeps everything in. I WILL wear low rise jeans and SHOW cute buttcrack lol.

I am with everyone else here.. I MISS my old pre-child body that I had 28 years ago. I WILL show up to my next high school reunion and rock a cute lil black dress. I will ROCK knee high boots and run circles around my blood-pressure pill popin fiance.

Edited by dadempsey

I wont miss taking forever to get ready to go out because I'm looking for "clothes that don't make me look fat".

When I say dating...I mean serious long term relationships. Of course lots of men like big women...but in my experience its only for sex and nothing more. New Yorkers can be very vain...here its all about looks. Ive actually heard men admit to only liking big women because they thought they were easier.

And usually the ones who like me are not my type. I've tried online dating and it just never seems to work out. The guys are either crazy, too old or just wanna have sex.

I hate to admit this but my thin friends get the better quality guys. I have a vibrant personality, totally cute, confident, and socially active. But at the end of the day Im always getting over-looked.

As a former New Yorker, I agree the dating scene in NYC the men are very visual! I will not miss taking medications for high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes

Edited by LENCHEN

I Crowded elevators

Ha! I hadn't really thought about it until I read this, but I do tend to hate elevators. Good one!