Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American vsgers!

Hey all! I was sleeved on 3/30/15. Pre-surgery I weighed in at 288, home scale this morning said 279. No nausea, minor cramping, the BLUES in excess, itchy sutures, but that's about it. I'm finally tracking my Water and Protein via MyFitnessPal. I just bought a "Jawbone UP" to help me kick my fitness up a notch. So I'm getting it together!

Please feel free to add me on MFP Lovelytrl

@@BryBro63 thanks!! The more I research the more I'm learning it is possible to be very successful with the sleeve. I understand totally that it is a tool and that if I work it, it will have no choice in the matter...the results for the most part are up to me. I just need to put a lil more confidence in myself rather than the tool it self. I definitely keep you posted ????

@@BryBro63 thanks!! The more I research the more I'm learning it is possible to be very successful with the sleeve. I understand totally that it is a tool and that if I work it, it will have no choice in the matter...the results for the most part are up to me. I just need to put a lil more confidence in myself rather than the tool it self. I definitely keep you posted ????

@@BryBro63 thanks!! The more I research the more I'm learning it is possible to be very successful with the sleeve. I understand totally that it is a tool and that if I work it, it will have no choice in the matter...the results for the most part are up to me. I just need to put a lil more confidence in myself rather than the tool it self. I definitely keep you posted

@@BryBro63 thanks!! The more I research the more I'm learning it is possible to be very successful with the sleeve. I understand totally that it is a tool and that if I work it, it will have no choice in the matter...the results for the most part are up to me. I just need to put a lil more confidence in myself rather than the tool it self. I definitely keep you posted

Please definitely stay in touch...I know you'll do great!!! Any questions, concerns, or anything I can help with, please don't hesitate to ask!!!

Hello All. I just had my last weigh in today. I have completed all my test requirements today. My doctors office is submitting all the paperwork to insurance next week. He put me down for surgery for May 11th pending approval which he said should not be a problem. This has been a long road. I started the process last Sept. I will be so happy when it's over. I'm totally ready to get on with my new life. I love reading the post on this forum. It's great talking to other AA who have been thru this. Thank you all for sharing your stories.

I wanted to ask. How much time did everyone take off from work. I'm taking vacation time off to do the surgery. I'm thinking of asking for two weeks. Is that enough time. I have a desk job

@@mallen

I have a sit down job and I took two weeks off and was just fine. Good luck :-)

I took off a week and a half. My boss knew I couldn't do any heavy lifting and that made it a lot easier.

Are you in New York?

I'm in Connecticut.

Your surgeon uses Insurance to take off sagging skin?

How far is he from NY?

Do he have an office in NY?

Anybody from North Carolina?

I am! I had my sleeve done at UNC just yesterday.

I've noticed my temples are thinning.

I had an Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty procedure April 8....Lost 8lbs ????????????