Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American vsgers!

Kathy, have you experienced a stall recently? I am going through one now, it's been about 9 days.

Hello I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. My surgery date is 1/20/15. I can't wait, but I also don't think I'm ready.

Good luck to everyone in your journey to a healthier you.

hi! it's ok to feel nervous and not ready for the surgery prior, but once you wake up in recovery you'll wonder what all of the fuss was about! :P

Had my first post op appt today at just under 2 weeks post op.

Details:

~16 lbs down since pre op appt two weeks ago. I'm very excited that in just 14 days I have lost 16 pounds. I Know these numbers will decrease as I add more food to my diet, but I'm honestly very excited and aim to see another 14 come off before I hit 6 weeks post op.

~Not doing good enough with my Protein (not shocking since I don't drink Protein shakes). Dr. Lufti says I could sabotage this whole process by becoming protein deficient, so I'm going to try to do better with my efforts. I'm going to start my transition into puréed foods with greek yogurt in an attempt to get the protein ball rolling.

~Doing well with my water/liquid intake. I really only drink Gatorade and Water with lime/lemon.

Not horrible, but I have improvements to make.

try PURE PROTEIN whey Protein Powder. you can order it from Amazon.com for just 20.00 for 2 pounds, which will last you about 3 weeks. blend it with ice, fat free milk and some Torani Syrup for a delicious treat. when you blend it with ice it comes out like a milkshake--when you add the ice after blending it's like chocolate milk! it is SO easy for me to get in all of my protein and drinking these drinks keeps me in a healthy food mindset, plus i use them as meal replacements! the chocolate flavor is awesome. i promise you'll get your protein in, for a cost thats 1/3 of what some other people are spending for their protein powders.

Edited by mrsbailey921

@@Peekboo, funny you should mention that. I've been the same weight since December 21st. Today I finally broke the stall and lost 2 pounds.

i find that my weight goes up during the day--ive had this issue since i started trying to lose weight almost 16+ years ago. this morning i was 215...right now i'm 217. tomorrow i'll probably be around 214, and in the afternoon about 216. this has been going on for years. does anyone else have weigh ins that change throughout the day?

Mrsbailey, my weight goes up during the day but I think thats normal depending on how hydrated you are. Thats why its best to kust weigh in the morning, lol.

Kathy, I just wondered if it was happening to anyone else. It is frustrating.

Mrsbailey, my weight goes up during the day but I think thats normal depending on how hydrated you are. Thats why its best to kust weigh in the morning, lol.

Hello everyone I am happy to have found this group.

Quick poll

How soon did you go back to work after sleeve...is it too unrealistic to think I may be able to return after a week of recovery?

Thetaxlayd, welcome.

I went back to work after one week and did fine. I was very tired when I got home and went right to bed but I did fine. I think 2 weeks off would have been better.

I am telesales agent my schedule is 8:30-1:00 pm 4:00 pm - 7:00pm..

I really don't have the time available to take two weeks off. .i sit my entire shift with three hours of free time. ..do you think it would work if I went home during that break

I think that would definitely work as long as you make sure you take your Protein Shake or whatever liquids you are allowed with you. The mid day break will be awesome.

@@mrsbailey921 You're eating and drinking throughout the day and that is why your weight fluctuates throughout the day.