Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American vsgers!

@ mspatrice thanks that's what I've been dealing with stalls and I also use MFP and saw that I was consuming too many carbs so now I'm modifying me eating. What kind of Protein Shakes do you drink?

I drink Premier Protein shakes 11 oz (30 gram) Protein, I also use Unjury unflavored Protein Powder to make green smoothies. GENEPRO protein powder is one I like but my NUT is skeptical about its benefits.

@ mspatrice33 thanks sooo much I have them but was using nectar Protein mixed with skim milk it's just so many things your doctor or nutritionist don't tell you especially about the carbs luckily I found this site!

I just switched up my diet I was consuming to many carbs. How do you get 800-1000 calories and your carbs stay so low I need help on a typical day what do you eat if you don't mind sharing @ mspatrice33

Try limiting your carbs by increasing Protein and green veggies. Some veggies are even carby. I tend to eat the following and practice the interval eating no eating and drinking at same time

2 Water bottles on wake up and way to work

Breakfast 9 am 2 eggs sausage patty

snack 8 cheese cubes and sausage link

Water 2 bottles

lunch baked chicken and 1 cup spinach

2 water bottles

Snack 8 cheese cubes 2 celery stalks

2 Water bottles

dinner before 8 chicken and salad only vingerette

I wait two hours before I go to bed after I eat.

I did this for two weeks and I lost 20 lbs

I had to lose weight to gey back to my approval weight

@ m4nurse, yes I spend a great deal of time researching cause I didn't get enough required info from NUT. I have found I have to pay attention to my body and determine what works and what doesn't. I found if I keep my body confused I steadily lose

2 lbs a week. I basically keep my calories on a roller coaster, one day high, then I go low, and so on. I don't keep the same calorie schedule daily. So far this is working for me!

You will find what works best for you! Best wishes on your journey.

Hi! My surgery is scheduled for October 6 and pre-op diet is scheduled to start on Sept 23rd. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I just ordered some Unjury products...(I was told they are the best). What does your "pre-op" diet routine consist of? I just want to make sure I'm prepared!

Hello. Unjury is awesome. I love the chocolate. The pre-op depends on your surgeon's plan. I was allowed to have two shakes, one fruit and one Protein with salad per day. If I was still hungry, i could have extra veggies. But you will have to check with your bariatric NUT.

Try limiting your carbs by increasing Protein and green veggies. Some veggies are even carby. I tend to eat the following and practice the interval eating no eating and drinking at same time

2 Water bottles on wake up and way to work

Breakfast 9 am 2 eggs sausage patty

snack 8 cheese cubes and sausage link

Water 2 bottles

lunch baked chicken and 1 cup spinach

2 water bottles

Snack 8 cheese cubes 2 celery stalks

2 Water bottles

dinner before 8 chicken and salad only vingerette

I wait two hours before I go to bed after I eat.

I did this for two weeks and I lost 20 lbs

I had to lose weight to gey back to my approval weight

Wow, awesome concept there. I love the fact that everyone's journey is different. But you can still learn from others.

@ m4nurse, yes I spend a great deal of time researching cause I didn't get enough required info from NUT. I have found I have to pay attention to my body and determine what works and what doesn't. I found if I keep my body confused I steadily lose

2 lbs a week. I basically keep my calories on a roller coaster, one day high, then I go low, and so on. I don't keep the same calorie schedule daily. So far this is working for me!

You will find what works best for you! Best wishes on your journey.

Weird, but it works for you. Could work for someone else too Mspatrice. Thanks for sharing with us.

@ mspatrice thanks that's what I've been dealing with stalls and I also use MFP and saw that I was consuming too many carbs so now I'm modifying me eating. What kind of Protein Shakes do you drink?

m4nurse, you also have Pure Protein. I use EAS chocolate protein with Water and 1 tablespoon of creamy Peanut Butter. But it does have 13g of carbs. But I am consuming less carbs per day, so for now it is okay. I think Atkins shakes are okay too. Check the label on that.

Hello All

I made through my first month. Didn't reach my 30 pound goal lost 24 pounds. Stalled for a week. Killing my bad knee at the gym and stalling is making me cranky. Hopefully my second month with go better.

So I started on my bike today. I attempted to do 53 minutes but I started to feel light headed and nauseous. I did stop once I was 45 minutes which is good. I do know that I was able to do the whole 53 minutes and then some pre-surgery. So, its definitely as post surgery thing.

What was that all about?

Another thing, I was looking at my current weight and my goal weight. Man! I have a long journey. 113 pounds to lose! A long journey

Then I was looking at my highest weight and my goal weight. That's 173 pounds! That's a lot of weight, lol. Wow! To lose that amount of weight would be awesome. I hope to eventually get there.

Later losers!

Hi I will be sleeved on October 1st in currently on my pre-op diet I can't wait until my surgery date I just want to get this done and over wit..the anticipation is killing me!

i get sleeved sept 30th

Hi everyone! I am in a weightloss study through my insurance and received my surgery approval on Friday. My next step is to meet with my doctor and then set my surgery date which has to be done by October 12th. I'm excited, anxious and ready to start new. It's a pleasure to meet you all!

I am sept 30th I live in New Orleans but I'm having surg at Keesler AFB

I am sept 30th I live in New Orleans but I'm having surg at Keesler AFB

Cool! My surgery will be in Slidell.

Hello everyone. I am quite excited about this journey we are taking. My surgery date is 8 Oct!