Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Sleevers how many pounds did yu drop in the first 2 months ?

I had band in for 5 yrs. I lost 50lbs. It was unfilled for 1 yr and I gained all back. The day of sleeve I was same weight as when banded. Currently I am two months out and have lost 25lbs. I wish I would have taken mats because I can tell alot more in inches.

I had band in for 5 yrs. I lost 50lbs. It was unfilled for 1 yr and I gained all back. The day of sleeve I was same weight as when banded. Currently I am two months out and have lost 25lbs. I wish I would have taken mats because I can tell alot more in inches.

Hi pirate_rn sounds great. Do those 25 pounds include the pre surgery weight loss or was it 25 after surgery ?

Hi there - I lost about 20 pounds pre-op (most, 15, in the 2-week pre-op diet) and then lost 26 in the first two months after surgery. I had gained back all the weight I lost with the band - plus a few. So I guess I'm somewhat similar to a virgin sleever. My surgeon said she would use a slightly larger bougie for me - she planned for a 38, but said she would make the final decision based on level of scarring. I never found out exactly what size she used, but assume it was 38 since she said the scarring wasn't too bad.

At 3 months out I can eat more than other sleevers I think. No problem eating 2-4 oz Protein plus a half cup of veggies and maybe a little carb. But overall I'm satisfied with small healthy meals and have lost those crazy cravings. I'm still a little anxious about how things will change after the honeymoon period is over. But cautiously optimistic that I'll be able to maintain a healthier weight longterm.

Hi there - I lost about 20 pounds pre-op (most, 15, in the 2-week pre-op diet) and then lost 26 in the first two months after surgery. I had gained back all the weight I lost with the band - plus a few. So I guess I'm somewhat similar to a virgin sleever. My surgeon said she would use a slightly larger bougie for me - she planned for a 38, but said she would make the final decision based on level of scarring. I never found out exactly what size she used, but assume it was 38 since she said the scarring wasn't too bad.

At 3 months out I can eat more than other sleevers I think. No problem eating 2-4 oz Protein plus a half cup of veggies and maybe a little carb. But overall I'm satisfied with small healthy meals and have lost those crazy cravings. I'm still a little anxious about how things will change after the honeymoon period is over. But cautiously optimistic that I'll be able to maintain a healthier weight longterm.

--------------

WOW 3 months out and 60 pounds down that is amazing to me. In my wildest dreams I would not expect to achieve that. I think you are doing outstanding. Well I only hope I would remotely get there. Because 60 down would bring me to my first goal weight and I thought 180 would be enough, but than I got cheeky and thought why not aim for 160. So this is my final goal weight.

Thanks! It's fun to feel like a bit of a success already! I really think the sleeve helps with the hunger/cravings so much better than the band did. For me anyway... it hasn't been too hard to stick to the rules.

You do have a lower BMI to start, so you may lose a little slower, but I'm sure you'll do great overall!

Hey I currently have the band but hate hate hate it n want to get rid of it always having problems.. can someone tell me what they require that would make me a candidate for revision from band to sleeve?

I'm scheduled tomorrow. I had to find a new doctor. I so grateful. I talked a lot about my issues with the band. Most doctors are familiar, and they know what to tell insurance providers. Well mines did. I'm truly blessed.

I did not have to do anything except to tell my family doctor what health issues I had with the band. And he referred me to our bariatric centre in our hospital.

From there I agreed to get the sleeve done after the band was removed.

I am in Canada we have free health coverage here. This falls under our health care system.

Check out this website for other topics which are exactly talking about this issue and the process in the US.

I know there you will be able to get a lot of answers to your questions.

I hope this helps.

nowornever14 thanks for the response, my surgeon will be using 36 bougie myself with my sleeve, happy not a 32. I am interested in seeing your progress. I do not want the acid but want the ft even less, I hoping this will take care of both.

My surgery date was Aug 20th. Day of start of liquid diet, Aug 6th I weighed in at 297, date of surgery Aug 20th 288, today is my 3month anniversary, i'm down 37lbs. I have a lot of restriction. I've lost a lot of inches. Good luck! I'm happy that I've revised. The sleeve feels nothing like the band, however, I get a little more heartburn than I've ever gotten, but its manageable, I just have to watch what I eat.

I agree. I am totally enjoying the feeling of the sleeve. My fullness is rarely tight just a feeling of contentment. I must admit that I had to learn what is too much, because I was tastings or should I say nibbling on my food prior eating my meal and Sleevie had to put me in check about that. Lol! I am one month out and 20 pounds down. I have started working out again. Life is grand. God is amazing!

Hi I went from band to sleeve I had my sleeve surgery on August 22, 2014 and I'm down 25 pounds not sure if this is good or not cause I was under the impression I would of lost more.. I feel like I'm on a stall ... Is this normal? To be on a stall after just two months of surgery? I'm feeling discourage.. Any advise?

Hey Mamita008, I'm down 33 and I was band I sleeve on the 12th of August, so I reckon we're doing about the same :-)

May 31 2014 to oct 7 2014 , May 31 I was 357 and oct 7 I was 285 . And still dropping

Surgery was September 3 of this year and as of this morning I am 51 pounds down....put for the last week nothing. Since I'm back at work I have been having getting my Protein and liquids in since they changed my shift to 1pm to 7pm. Between getting ready for work and trying to get things done around the house a lot of times I'll run out of here without having lunch...Then by the time I get home at 8pm I really have to force myself to eat something....Hopefully my hours will change soon, but you never know with the airline industry. I know I'll be doing a lot of traveling for training too, which really scares me as far as my eating is concerned....I'll have to make sure I have a frig in the room. :unsure:

Just remember what ever you lose is better than the alternative..... :rolleyes:

I have lost 32 lbs in 4 weeks with my sleeve! I assumed i would lose slower but am loving the rate at which I am losing. Like someone posted above I also selected a surgeon that had a good track record for doing them in one procedure and low complication rate.