Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

@@Rach8610 Why are you eating 105gms of Protein? Do you weight lift?

@@Rach8610 Why are you eating 105gms of Protein? Do you weight lift?

That may just be her normal goal. Mine is 80 to 100 grams of Protein and I'm not a weightlifter.

I was curious. I've just never heard of 100 or higher being set as a goal for a female unless they were doing very strenuous workouts.

I was curious. I've just never heard of 100 or higher being set as a goal for a female unless they were doing very strenuous workouts.

Oh, and you could be right. I was just pointing out that mine's not too much lower. :)

Oddly enough when I looked at the goals MFP sets, my Protein goal per their calculations is 95. I guess 100 is not that high after all.

Hello Sept peeps. So I have been mainly fine and have had only minimal issues, like lots of Hair loss. I'm also down 75 lbs. I have noticed over the past few weeks that every time I eat, whatever it is, I get nausea and stomach pain. Sometimes I throw up and quickly feel better, but last night when I threw up, not only did it burn my throat, but I still felt really nauseous after. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it too soon to be the gallbladder? (Not taking any gallbladder meds)

Totally not too soon to be gallbladder. You should probably get it checked out. Sooner rather than later, you really don't want to mess with the gallbladder if it's getting inflamed.

My doctor and I discussed taking out the gallbladder 2 months after my surgery. Thankfully it was just a small flare up that has since gone away for the most part. Definitely something to discuss with your doctor. Lots of luck! And congrats on the wait loss. I will be 4 months out on Tuesday and have lost almost 60 pounds. I've slowed down the last few weeks, but this might be my first major stall, so I'm dealing with it.

It will be 5 months on Feb 4th since surgery and 80lbs since Feb 2014. So grateful!!!

post-224387-14223595112022_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone! I haven't checked in in a while. I have been struggling, snacking too much and not seeing a lot if real movement on the scale other than gain 3 loose 2. I have been swinging with the name numbers for 3 weeks. Since today is the beginning of a new month, I have to do things differently. So my goal is to focus more exercise and counting my Protein. Oh and being sure to meet my Water intake goal. I pray this month is better than the last. I have also had a whole lot of stress that doesn't help me to stay on track. Life is never promised to be easy, but I wish things would be smoother than they are......

Hey everyone! I haven't checked in in a while. I have been struggling, snacking too much and not seeing a lot if real movement on the scale other than gain 3 loose 2. I have been swinging with the name numbers for 3 weeks. Since today is the beginning of a new month, I have to do things differently. So my goal is to focus more exercise and counting my Protein. Oh and being sure to meet my Water intake goal. I pray this month is better than the last. I have also had a whole lot of stress that doesn't help me to stay on track. Life is never promised to be easy, but I wish things would be smoother than they are......

The exercising really helped me bust through those frustrating times. Also writing down or sharing my non-scale moments. We aren't going to be perfect just because we had surgery...constantly gotta remind myself

@@aloudwhisper - Keeping a food diary helped me with snacking. For some of us it's necessary so instead of fighting it and falling off the wagon, plan for it. I prefer to log my food for the day. It gives me a rough idea of what I will be eating for the day and lets me see where I have wiggle room. I like a bit of chocolate every so often, so I try to plan for it on my most active days. I feel better having a cookie *(btw have you tried some of the Protein Cookies on the market - YUM!) on a day when I know I'm going to be more active and burning more calories. I find when I do this I may not need a snack every day, but it's comforting to know if I need it I can have one guilt free.

Oddly enough it also serves to encourage me to exercise more. For example, on a non gym day I may plan a 20 min walk to the bodega and once there I buy 1 reese's Peanut Butter cup mini.

*Keep in mind they are good but also high in calories. Most run between 150 -210 calories. I keep a few in the car to use as Meal Replacements for crazy running around days.

The exercising really helped me bust through those frustrating times. Also writing down or sharing my non-scale moments. We aren't going to be perfect just because we had surgery...constantly gotta remind myself

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to me. I plan to maintain my workouts. More so to make sure that I am consistent. I think that is one of the main reasons I am on this see-saw. I am trying to work on being consistent with logging my food on my fitness pal. And I will do better to focus on my NSV. Thanks so much.

@@aloudwhisper - Keeping a food diary helped me with snacking. For some of us it's necessary so instead of fighting it and falling off the wagon, plan for it. I prefer to log my food for the day. It gives me a rough idea of what I will be eating for the day and lets me see where I have wiggle room. I like a bit of chocolate every so often, so I try to plan for it on my most active days. I feel better having a cookie *(btw have you tried some of the Protein Cookies on the market - YUM!) on a day when I know I'm going to be more active and burning more calories. I find when I do this I may not need a snack every day, but it's comforting to know if I need it I can have one guilt free.

Oddly enough it also serves to encourage me to exercise more. For example, on a non gym day I may plan a 20 min walk to the bodega and once there I buy 1 reese's Peanut Butter cup mini.

*Keep in mind they are good but also high in calories. Most run between 150 -210 calories. I keep a few in the car to use as Meal Replacements for crazy running around days.

I have been logging my food, but I haven't been as consistent as I need to be. I am going to look back at the sparks people app. I use to go to the website a lot back in the day, and I am gonna see if I can get some food ideas there. I haven't had any chocolate, and I think I should put some dark chocolate dove squares in the car. I know once I get back into my workouts, I will see my of a chance in my body and that will inspire me to go harder.

Let's continue to encourage one another.

@@konalisa80 - Consistency is indeed key. I log my food for the day first thing in the morning. It helps me set boundaries with my eating. In addition to packing my gym bag the night before I do little things like taking the stair when I can and parking further away from the entrance in parking lots.Those extra few steps add up.