Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

Hi, It's been a while since I have posted. I'm below 200 yeah!!!! Going to the gym every other day going to be making it everyday and one day off. Wish there was warmer weather.

Down 55, had my 3 month this week and all is going good now that my last stall took a vacation! Lol

Had my follow up today. I love my team so much! The nurse gave me a high five when she saw my weight loss and the nutritionist wants me to come to the support group tomorrow to show people how well I am doing. She said it would be good to have someone speak who had no problems, no gas, no pain, etc...everyone is pleased with my weight loss and how well I appear to be doing. You hear so many horror stories it's nice to know I have a supportive team who encourages me.

I'm getting the IVC filter removed on the 12th and then I don't go back until my 6 mnth mark.

I was sleeved 9/15. I did great with weight loss the first 3 weeks and then I literally stalled for like a month. I finally stopped obsessing about the weight. It's comes off slowly for me but it's still coming off. About 1-2 pounds per week. I was 264 at pre op diet. 259 at surgery and and currently 229. It may not seem like much, but it's 65 pounds in 13 weeks. When you say it like that, it's a lot! Be patient. Stay away from the scale for a few weeks. ;)

I agree the weight falls of slowly but surely. I was sleeved 9/23 and down 34lbs. I have met my first goal to be at my Dad's weight of 160lbs by Christmas. I have not weighed less than my Dad in 10yrs. Sounds funny but true. My Dad's siblings are thin like my Grandma. I take after my Grandpa's & Mom's side of the family (little 2x4).

It’s nice to be able to wear a size medium shirt and want to take photos again. But I do miss enjoying a good meal. My company holiday lunch was last week and I had to ask for a doggie bag & took home my whole lunch & ate it over the next two days. :P Happy holdiay's to everyone.

My next goal is to weight the same as my Uncle.

Had my follow up on Monday - down 47lbs but more exciting is that my BMI is now down to 33! Such a huge jump I couldn't be more happier. Still having issues with reflux, my doctor put me back on omeprazole for 3 more months. If is doesn't subside I'll need another endoscopy.

Had my follow up on Monday - down 47lbs but more exciting is that my BMI is now down to 33! Such a huge jump I couldn't be more happier. Still having issues with reflux, my doctor put me back on omeprazole for 3 more months. If is doesn't subside I'll need another endoscopy.

Great job. I'm having reflux too. Switched from whey to rice Protein and seems to be helping. Good luck. ????

Hey people! Its been a minute since i have posted. I was sleeved on September 19th, and I have only lost 35. But i have looked at this journey as a blessing. I am 35 less than i have been in a long time, and i know this will get better if I keep working at it. Yesterday I started the 5 day pouch test. I know this is what I need to get back on track. The best is yet to come for me.

Great job. I'm having reflux too. Switched from whey to rice Protein and seems to be helping. Good luck. ????

I have never tried the rice protein . Does it seem to keep you full longer than whey.

I have never tried the rice Protein . Does it seem to keep you full longer than whey.

About the same. Need to look for rice protein and not rice milk. Rice protein runs from 15-24 grams of protein depending on the brand. Rice milk is only 3-4 grams of protein. Blander and grittier than whey. Been mixing it with crystal light or fruit smoothie. Working for me so far. Good luck. ????

Four Month Check-in! Today is 4 months since surgery and I've lost 40lbs, about 10lbs per month, making a total of 75lbs since last feb!! Thanks for all your support!!!post-224387-14203917413467_thumb.jpg

I cant believe its been almost 4 months since my sleeve surgery on 9/17!!!! I feel fantastic and I just am settling into my new life. Lots of changes...

I have not yet tried to eat bread or Pasta and I am not sure when I will even attempt it. I have had a few bites of corn tortilla and corn chips. I have tried some potato chips...the magic number is 10 chips.

I have not eaten anything crazy, but I have tried to eat baked french fries, but usually the magic number is 5....

I eat a lot of greek yogurt...my fav is dannon light and fit..its only 7 or less grams of sugar and 12 plus grams of Protein.

I like baked chicken and cottage cheese and I try to drink one Protein shake with spinach and blueberries a day.

I have been hitting my Protein goal of 105 grams almost daily and only fall short on the weekend. its ironic the weekends used to be when I would gain weight for he week and now I almost all but forget to eat!

I am feeling much more energetic now and I love to try on my clothes that never fit before.

I would like to see some more weight loss and I know I need to work on working out.

For the most part, I am feeling GREAT!!!!

Great to read all the happiness! I had my 3 month on Monday. 30 pounds total and my slow loss and plateau that lasted 4 weeks is over. BMI is just out of obese realm but hovers dangerously close. I can, unfortunately, eat just about anything I halve tried. Have not done much bread, fried, or pastas and hope not to...can drink alcohol but must be vigilant. Exercise is so much easier but not yet habit. Hoping to knock off 10 these next 6 weeks and then deal with it maintaining before taking on the next 10 pounds.

Its going great for me but I still hate not being take a sip while I eat.

Today marks four months for me....crossed 100# of loss and still continuing to move toward my goal. Certainly, dietary changes were imposed somewhat with the surgery, but my pick-up in fitness activity has been dramatic. I rode my bicycle for first time in about 25 years on Saturday and I've committed to ride in MS150.

PM me if you want to support the MS150 charity and my attempt to ride 170 miles over two days in April!

Fred

I cant believe its been almost 4 months since my sleeve surgery on 9/17!!!! I feel fantastic and I just am settling into my new life. Lots of changes...

I have not yet tried to eat bread or Pasta and I am not sure when I will even attempt it. I have had a few bites of corn tortilla and corn chips. I have tried some potato chips...the magic number is 10 chips.

I have not eaten anything crazy, but I have tried to eat baked french fries, but usually the magic number is 5....

I eat a lot of greek yogurt...my fav is dannon light and fit..its only 7 or less grams of sugar and 12 plus grams of Protein.

I like baked chicken and cottage cheese and I try to drink one Protein Shake with spinach and blueberries a day.

I have been hitting my protein goal of 105 grams almost daily and only fall short on the weekend. its ironic the weekends used to be when I would gain weight for he week and now I almost all but forget to eat!

I am feeling much more energetic now and I love to try on my clothes that never fit before.

I would like to see some more weight loss and I know I need to work on working out.

For the most part, I am feeling GREAT!!!!

What do you eat to get 105 g of protein ? I still struggle to get 60-80