Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

Sleeved on 9-23 I have been on soft foods for a week now after my two week post-op appointment. I threw up for the first 3 days after going to soft foods I believe it was because I ate to fast. So far I loss 20lbs. I find myself dreading to eat sometimes due to what may happen. I'm hanging in there and trying to eat slow.

7 days post op. Had my surgery 10/09/14. I'm doing good but struggling with not carrying over 10 pounds. It's harder than you think! I spent 4 days and 3 nights in the hospital because of not meeting liquid goals and pain. Surprisingly I feel great!

Today my whole office ordered in lunch from Jimmy Johns (which has nothing I can eat or want to eat). It was very frustrating. I stayed in my office and had my very delicious meal that I brought to work. I find that I feel emotional about these types of things. I know this is a choice I made and I am so happy I did, I just need to figure out how to process my feelings and what they are all about. I have caught my self doing this a couple different times now and usually it is around a situation were I don't have any control over my food choices or I haven't had a opportunity to pre plan. Last night I went to costco after work and by the time I got home I was overly tired and could not figure out what to eat. Nothing sounded good. I just stood in front of the fridge and the tears started. Has anyone else experienced this or have any tips? I was sleeved on the 17th.

I've experienced that. I get emotional when I get frustrated with having to plan. I thought I was being overly sensitive but I hear this is very common. As time passes I am sure it will get easier.

Sleeved on 9-23 I have been on soft foods for a week now after my two week post-op appointment. I threw up for the first 3 days after going to soft foods I believe it was because I ate to fast. So far I loss 20lbs. I find myself dreading to eat sometimes due to what may happen. I'm hanging in there and trying to eat slow.

Waneta35 hang in there. It gets better.

Way to go September Sleevers!!! Hey everyone! Just started soft foods 2 days ago. Is anyone else afraid to eat? I am so terrified of stretching out the pouch! I had 1 ounce of fish this evening and after 15 minutes I started hiccuping! That was my cue to stop! Good thing bc then I got some chest pains and a fullness in my belly! Think I only made it through half the ounce. That is so crazy! Some ppl talked about eating too fast...that is me too! I down loaded an app in my phone..eat slow...and it times my bites. Only problem is my food gets cold...probably why I ate fast before! Good luck to all! Love this site and all the advice!

Edited by KristenLee

Sleeved on 9-18-14. I am still so very tired. I have a very bad taste in my mouth no matter how many times I brush my teeth. I know when burning fat you can taste ketones but this is vile. I am drinking 80 grams of protein/day ago 70 oz Water. I was told not to worry about trying to eat food now just get the Protein and water in. I have lost 35 lbs. Any suggestions for the bad taste in my mouth?

Biotene Mouthwash is very helpful, I use it multiple times a day, it also comes in a paste.

Today my whole office ordered in lunch from Jimmy Johns (which has nothing I can eat or want to eat). It was very frustrating. I stayed in my office and had my very delicious meal that I brought to work. I find that I feel emotional about these types of things. I know this is a choice I made and I am so happy I did, I just need to figure out how to process my feelings and what they are all about. I have caught my self doing this a couple different times now and usually it is around a situation were I don't have any control over my food choices or I haven't had a opportunity to pre plan. Last night I went to costco after work and by the time I got home I was overly tired and could not figure out what to eat. Nothing sounded good. I just stood in front of the fridge and the tears started. Has anyone else experienced this or have any tips? I was sleeved on the 17th.

Yes, def for me! I was sleeved on the16th n back to work on the 29th.

Pre- planning is a must with work , life, my family ...cause there just isn't enough time. Still going to bed very early. I feel ur pain. After working n shopping who can think of cooking something?

This past weekend I had family help me and they pre made meals, Snacks Etc just for me for the week. I was bedridden all weekend. It has made the beginning of this week so much easier.

That being said, it's Thursday night n all the meals are done n gone. So yes, I stood in front of the fridge n had no idea what I was going to eat for dinner 2nite.... Lol so much for my prep work!

This journey we are on can be lonely at times, and boy this first month has had it's moments of emotions !!! Thank goodness for this site and all of the wonderful people sharing .

I guess, we just really need to spend time on the weekends preparing and planning our meals n snacks for the week. This weekend I'm going to prepare n also freeze some mini meals , so next week when I run out, the microwave will become my best friend. I'm down 36lbs from 2 week preop????

With my band I remembering sitting on the floor in front of the fridge crying because nothing seemed right to eat and I couldn't make up my mind.

There is something to be said for the head game weight loss surgery does to us. I found in the past if you can change your mindset to making a choice, something you want to do vs. missing out or losing out on eating food like Jimmy johns. Fortunately for me most of the office catered food ie. jimmy johns isn't appealing (I can imagine the bread and the sleeve are not a good fit). It is really hard to change your mindset really hard, and it doesn't always work well.... most of the time after 12 years with a band I don't think I am missing out on things. I just don't want them.

We changed our stomachs with surgery not our brains, and our brains like all sorts of things like wine, chocolate, fried chicken, pizza, Pasta, fries, cake, ice cream and a million other foods that shouldn't be staples in any ones diets. Changing your brain is hard work and I think it gets overlooked a lot of the time.

Losing weight for many people is enough to help propel them on the right track but then they work at it. The most successful people I know with WLS took one of two paths. The first path was trading their food addiction for another addiction usually working out. Their mind needs something to obsess over and changing the obsession worked for them.

The 2nd path is harder I speak from experience it is confronting your demons head on and admitting to yourself where you are messed up in the head about food and why. We lie to ourselves better than we lie to anyone else in the world and demons are hard to exorcise. It is why we eat, what we eat, when we eat, how we eat, who we eat with and when we eat it. Some of your best friends might be enablers of eating poorly and making poor choices for you, guess what you need to ignore them or learn to eat around their suggestions just for you. If you are a binge eater it gets even harder food is a comfort and eating quantity has been yanked from you... so you need to find something else or figure out how to solve your binge eating needs.

This is new for most people, I spent a lot of time with my own demons and now i am realizing there is a whole different method and madness of the sleeve I need to learn and it will take me some time.

My surgery date was 9/24 and I've been on a stall for 14 days now. I've lost 13lbs since surgery.

I've not had really any issues with any foods yet. Today I walked for an hour without getting too tired or having any stomach pain after. I feel pretty good.

HW - 257

SW - 244

CW - 231

Where's everyone else that has surgery in September at?

My surgery date was 9/24 and I've been oni a stall for 14 days now. I've lost 13lbs since surgery.

I also was sleeved err d

I've not haid really any issues with any foods yet. Today I walked for an hour without getting too tired or having any stomach pain after. I feel pretty good.

HW - 257

SW - 244

CW - 231

My surgery date was 9/24 and I've been oni a stall for 14 days now. I've lost 13lbs since surgery.

I also was sleeved err d

I've not haid really any issues with any foods yet. Today I walked for an hour without getting too tired or having any stomach pain after. I feel pretty good.

HW - 257

SW - 244

CW - 231

I was sleeved on 9/24. Lost 21 pounds post surgery. Now it seems like every time I step on the scale there is either no weight loss or a gain of a pound. Getting very discouraging. Not sure if it's because I am at stage 4 with more solid food. I also have intense shoulder pain that usually wakes me up around 4AM and keeps me awake. Bothers me a little in the morning but fine for most of the day except when I bend over.

*lexie*

Good for you you're doing awesome! I had my surgery on the 19th and by October 1st I had lost 15lbs post op- and on Oct 1st my stall began! It too lasted 14 days. I made sure I got in all of my Water and tried for my Protein goal daily, I also increased my walking from 1 to 1.5 mile- finally this past week the scale started moving again. I read a lot about stalls, so I gave myself a three week waiting period, if I was still stalled after three weeks I would've started being crazy. Luckily, it ends. Personally I feel great- lots of energy, no food issues. The only strange thing is I have had a swollen gland on the side of my neck since surgery. I was thinking maybe I was scratched when they pulled the tube out- but it's been a month. Is anyone else having this issue?

I was sleeved on 9/24. Lost 21 pounds post surgery. Now it seems like every time I step on the scale there is either no weight loss or a gain of a pound. Getting very discouraging. Not sure if it's because I am at stage 4 with more solid food. I also have intense shoulder pain that usually wakes me up around 4AM and keeps me awake. Bothers me a little in the morning but fine for most of the day except when I bend over.

I was sleeved on 9/30 and have lost 18 lbs. I'm finally feeling like I'm get into energy back and staring to hike with my dogs again. I'm only able to do about 1.5 miles but trying to increase my distance each time. I am slowly moving to soft foods and haven't had any issues other than dizziness and low energy from day 6-11 and the dreaded Constipation.

HW -234.4

SW- 225.9

CW - 207.4