Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am alittle frustrated ! I was banded on Aug 13 th I lost about 16 lbs but noticed this week I am at a stand still. I was at my support group tonight and as I told my dr have not been eating

He said maybe I need to be filled but I eat very little just because I am not hungry I have never been filled yet ! The nurse thought cause I was taken off my Fluid pill maybe I need a mild one now ! I am

Going to start an excise program tomorrow

Any one have a answer ??

I was banded on aug 14. Going through the same thing. My dr mentioned the hunger issues stop after about the 4th fill. Today was my first fill and I'm back on liquids then mushies for the week. I found a few specific savory meals help a ton. Fresh and easy sells these Hawaiian turkey burgers I eat by themselves but I have to chew them to mush. The other night my fiancé made ground turkey in spaghetti sauce instead of noodles we had spaghetti squash, I threw a scoop of fat free cottage cheese. I could hardly move I finally felt full and are the correct portion. Also I noticed if I'm not eating very much Protein the hunger increases. Walgreens sells these two gulp Protein Shots that are 30grams!!!!!. If I have one of those 30 min before dinner I think I trick my body. Helps immensely. I also hit a weight loss issue. I've stopped at 17pounds. He said after my fourth fill I will really start to notice a change. Good luck

Edited by LinsC

You need to lower your expectations! We don't lose weight every day, week or month. If you're weighing yourself every day and expect the scale to go lower, stop weighing yourself.

We can all gain or lose 5 lbs of excess fluids in one day. Think about it. How many oz of Water and or fluids do you drink a day. 64 is usually conservative. That's 4 lbs right there. Sure you may pee most of it out or sweat it off but TOM, stress, sodium, illness and exercise induced inflammation can all cause you to retain a lot of that.

Here's an article that explains the scientific reasons why most of us plateaued 2-4 weeks after surgery. And, I lost 12 lbs the first 2 weeks and then nothing for the next 3.5 months so I know of what I speak!

Sorry, but you are so normal and that's good. :P

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html#.UqP7uBLn-Uk

tmf

The band is not a quick fix. Some bandsters are lucky and just the placement of the band works for them they never need a fill they stick to band sized portions and they drop their weight quickly.

The average bandster does not fall into this category. It takes time for us to get to know and live with our band. It takes some time for our bands to become adjusted properly to provide that sense of satiety from meal to meal in proper proportion. Sometimes we might not feel hungry between meals and go for 4 hours between but when we do eat our volume of food is too large and/or we want and have second helpings if we start with the small portion.

Lets face it if we were good at eating the proper portions at the right times we would not have needed the surgery. For the average bandster it will take a year or two to lose the desired amount of weight. Now don't let that discourage you because the longer it takes to lose the weight the better it is for your body, and the better the chance that you will keep it off and not gain it back.

Be compliant with your band and the guidelines the doctors give you. They tell you now to cut small bites and chew chew chew and you probably can eat just the way you used to...but as you move forward and your fills increase you will see why practicing all these things NOW is going to be necessary later and you will be glad that you have the eating mechanics down pat.

Give it time and enjoy being banded :) The weight will come off and what's more it will be the right kind of weight that you lose. The fat and not the muscle, muscle we want to keep it's what makes us lean.