Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went ahead and got my ring re-sized.

I haven't been able to wear it here lately because I have been so afraid it was going to get lost. I decided to talk to the jeweler about it. I didn't want to have to get it re-sized more than once because I wanted to maintain the integrity of the ring. He told me because of all of the diamonds in it it is better to get it done twice instead of one huge re-sizing.

It went down about two ring sizes.

YAY! I am so happy to have my engagement ring back! I am a little puffy today due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis, but here it is!

Have you had to get rings resized? I had been using this little rubber ring guard and it kept falling off. I just couldn't chance losing it!post-217704-0-23443100-1410465197_thumb.jpg

I am wearing mine on my middle finger! My set was my grandmothers. I had to have it sized up when I got it, now I'm waiting to get it resized back down. Crazy, it was not something I thought about it pre-surgery.

I never thought about it either. I actually started losing weight before my surgery. My fiance and I picked out the ring in January and he gave it to me on Easter. It was already loose when I got it.

I really wanted to be able to wear it so I went ahead and got it sized.

I had mine resized last winter after almost losing it. I had been stacking firewood on my porch in preparation for a snowstorm and I was wearing leather gloves. At the same time my pants were falling down so I yanked my glove off to pull up my pants and I heard a 'ting' as my wedding band flew off, hit the porch railing, and flew off into the yard, goodness knows where! My hubby and I crawled around on our hand and knees for an hour looking for it with no success. I was devastated. It's just a simple gold band but it was MINE and it meant a lot to me. I had to get groceries but coming home it was getting pretty dark. My headlights caught a flash from something shiny on the side of the road and it gave me an idea. When I got home I took a flashlight and began shining it around the yard. Within two minutes I found my ring when the light flashed on the gold!! Less than a half hour later it began snowing - I never would have found it again! The next day I had it sized to fit better...

I've been married for 32 years. I love my original, very simple, gold band.

I had mine resized last winter after almost losing it. I had been stacking firewood on my porch in preparation for a snowstorm and I was wearing leather gloves. At the same time my pants were falling down so I yanked my glove off to pull up my pants and I heard a 'ting' as my wedding band flew off, hit the porch railing, and flew off into the yard, goodness knows where! My hubby and I crawled around on our hand and knees for an hour looking for it with no success. I was devastated. It's just a simple gold band but it was MINE and it meant a lot to me. I had to get groceries but coming home it was getting pretty dark. My headlights caught a flash from something shiny on the side of the road and it gave me an idea. When I got home I took a flashlight and began shining it around the yard. Within two minutes I found my ring when the light flashed on the gold!! Less than a half hour later it began snowing - I never would have found it again! The next day I had it sized to fit better...

I've been married for 32 years. I love my original, very simple, gold band.

I am so glad you were able to find it, and you are right! Right in time. I did not want that happening so I got it re-sized....

I need to have this done, too. I got a ring last year for being named the Arkansas Adviser of the Year from the Arkansas Scholastic Press Association, and it's getting really loose. It basically looks like a class ring, so I'm afraid that it won't look good once I size it. It's really starting to twirl around on my hand, though.

So beautiful! Congratulations!

Thank you!! :P

My rings are too big but still wear them, not ready to resize because I'm not at goal so we went to the jeweler to ask about those plastic bands they said they are not good for the gold and can irritate your finger so I had placer put on, they are two little bumps on the inside of the ring that keeps them in place the don't spin and you can't feel them, than when I resize they will remove them... worth the piece of mind

My rings are too big but still wear them, not ready to resize because I'm not at goal so we went to the jeweler to ask about those plastic bands they said they are not good for the gold and can irritate your finger so I had placer put on, they are two little bumps on the inside of the ring that keeps them in place the don't spin and you can't feel them, than when I resize they will remove them... worth the piece of mind

I had those but I lost more weight and they were not working. My jeweler told me it is better to have the ring sized more than once than to size it down one huge size. Mine was sized down almost 2 sizes. He said it would be worse on the integrity of the ring to have it done in the end.

Mine fell off in the shower yesterday. I hate that I can't wear them but they almost went down the drain. This Tuesday will be four weeks post op. Did not think they would get loose so fast. It used to be I could not get them off.

Hi I order ring snugglers and they work great and is very comfortable until I have finished loosing weight to get my final sizing .