Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What a difference ONE year makes...Can't wait for what's to come!

Today marks my one-year bandiversary! I am constantly amazed at the differences in my life that have happened over the past year. It's been a ride full of excitement, anxiety, self-discovery, and improved health.

When I weighed in for my surgery, I was 354lbs. I was scared to death. I asked my sister-friend to take me home more than once. I questioned what I was doing right up until I fell asleep in the OR. I woke up totally satisfied with my choice. I haven't looked back with regret a single time (Yes, I questioned my sanity a few times in those early days, but no regrets.)

One year ago, I was on blood pressure meds, high doses of arthritis meds for my feet and knees, I struggled with chronic pain, and I was generally unhappy. I knew I needed to change, but I couldn't do it on my own. I was trapped in the hell that was my body.

Today, I take NO blood pressure meds and my arthritis is under control without even tylenol. My chronic pain is no longer chronic nor constant. I am active and social and happy. My body is no longer my prison.

I have always struggled with anxiety. I still do. This year has forced me to face certain demons and admit my fears. I love my therapist. She is the most supportive, non-judgemental person. I don't know if I would be as successful as I am if she wasn't a part of my support system.

One year ago, I wouldn't dream of getting on a roller coaster. I've done this and so much more!!! One year ago, I would shut down at the thought of group exercise classes. Today I take boxing classes full of people...and my before and after pictures are displayed behind the check-in desk. One year ago, I was looking for inspiration. Yesterday I met a lady at the boxing gym that said my pictures and my story were her inspiration...talk about coming full circle.

One year ago, I didn't want to talk about me. I didn't want to talk about anything personal. This year, I have been the featured speaker at my weightloss support group. I was told afterwards that I moved many people in attendance. Me...the one that was scared to death to make the change that I needed so badly.

In one year I have dropped 165lbs. I have gone from a 5X shirt to a Large or Medium. I was a size 30 in jeans...today I am between a 12 and 14. I wear skirts again. I NEVER did that one year ago. I wasn't able to wear boots because my legs were too thick. I bought three pair last week because they zipped. One year ago, I was faced with living my life as a very solitary, hermit-like person. Today I am dating, meeting new people, doing new things, and living the life I have deserved for a very long time.

Thank you to all of you on this forum. I love coming here. On my bad days, I find inspiration. On my good days, I try to give it.

So, I'm attaching a few pictures for you :)

post-148009-0-67642600-1410439747_thumb.jpg My before picture (May 2013)

post-148009-0-40469500-1410439785_thumb.jpg My picture today (September 11, 2014)

post-148009-0-86177600-1410439820_thumb.jpg The jeans I was wearing one-year ago...I fit in ONE LEG now!

Here's to the next year...and the one after that, and the one after that....

Congratulations...You look awesome!! It's just wonderful to read how a year with this tool can really change things, not only the way we physically look but specially our inner person, the way we view life and the way we project ourselves!! Keep up the good work!!

You are a spectacular woman. The way you have reclaimed your life is nothing short of amazing. I remember when you came to this forum and I have been watching your journey ever since. You have been an inspiration for me even as I have inspired others. I am humbled to call you my friend and I wish you nothing less than all the happiness in this world. Much love to you as you Celebrate this monumentous anniversary.

You are a superstar! I love the way you went from being reluctant to be out in the world to now being a motivating force for others. Speaking in public, poster girl at the gym, LOVING your gym, the boxing -- and all the fun, the genuine fun you are having. It's like a kid in a candy store to be free from the overweight, the food addictions and accompanying behavior. The world is so much better to have you out in it and we are lucky to have you here. Full disclosure, your post made me weepy.

awww...you guys...<sniff sniff>

That is awesome and you look wonderful! Congrats!

What a wonderful post. Gives me hope

Awesome!!! Way to go!

Dammit, I am crying at work. Thanks @@SillyAuntDi!

You're beautiful and a true inspiration.

Excellent story...thanks for sharing.

All too often (everyday) there are countless # of people just starting out, and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Having constant anxiety about weight gain loss within the first 30-60 days....It is IRRELEVANT!

I hope all newly banded people read your story and understand this is not an overnight weight loss gimmick, but see what can happen within one year if they just be patient, follow their Dr.'s treatment plan for them, and give it some time....

Thanks Again.

Congrats.........

Wow you are an inspiration!!!

You look amazing, confident, beautiful, sassy and most importantly, happy and healthy !!! Congratulations !!! You re an inspiration ! And PS - the1st pic of you I thought it could'nt be you because it was soooooo different from t he 3rd pic !!! Wow ! Congratulations on all your hard work !!!

Hard to believe you're that girl on the park bench!! You're definitely an inspiration to many. Bet that sounds good huh?

tmf