Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excess skin - warning photos

So today I was asked about excess skin. So I wanted to share my skin. Warning there are photos of me in my bra.

So a little about me.

I had gastric bypass on Halloween 2013.

Hw: 333 pounds

Surgery weight: 283 pounds

Current weight: 180 pounds

Estimated excess skin weight from doctor: 20 pounds

Height 5 foot 6 inches

Size 10 stretchy, size 12 regular fit, size 14 tight fit.

Size M shirts

Size WHEN I started 4xl

I will try to attach some before, after and skin photos.

Goal weight 140-150 pounds.

Goal life: healthy, and live life to the fullest post-127264-14103990200476_thumb.jpg

I wanted to share these because I look not so bad with clothing. I don't like having the excess skin, but it doesn't define me.

Remember it can take up to two years for skin to shrink.

I am not ashamed of my excess skin. Do I wish it was gone, yes I do, but life unhealthy was much worse :)

I hope this does not deter you to lose weight and have this surgery, because this life is so much better and it is worth it!

Let me know if you have any questions :)

I will likely do this again when I hit goal weight. As you can see in the below pictures, I still have a lot of adipose tissue in the skin, so I am sure it will get better :)

Cheers!

post-127264-14103987522476_thumb.jpg

post-127264-14103989209532_thumb.jpg

post-127264-14103989504423_thumb.jpg

post-127264-14103989680211_thumb.jpg

post-127264-14103989996118_thumb.jpg

post-127264-14103990373742_thumb.jpg

post-127264-14103990543997_thumb.jpg

post-127264-14103990715787_thumb.jpg

post-127264-14103990864597_thumb.jpg

post-127264-14103991027115_thumb.jpg

post-127264-14103991176551_thumb.jpg

Autumn thanks for being so candid. These photos do not deter me. Like you, I know after the sleeve surgery life will be so much better. Saggy skin is Very small price to pay to be healthy.

By the way, good job on the weight loss. Wishing you continued success

Thanks! Fear of the unknown is so much worse than understanding the reality. I appreciate your sharing...

thank you so much for your pics and post!

You're gorgeous!!!!! Look at you! I am so inspired. I have the baggy saggy skin too but it's under clothes so for now I'm ok. Eventually I may try to have insurance pay for a panniculectomy. I'm documenting skin issues with my general practitioner right now. I started a prescription powder about two months ago. A plastic surgeon I went to listen to recommended that people who were planning future plastic surgery take these steps way ahead of time. A paper trail with your general practitioner is critical to lay out the argument that the excess skin should be removed for medical reasons. Anyway, I haven't decided of course if I'm doing it or not. However, I'd like to keep my options open. Congratulations on your wonderful success!

Thanks for sharing your photos. My belly looks very similar to yours. I already consulted with a plastic surgeon a couple of weeks ago. She told me to come back when I stop losing weight. I didn't want to wait! I hate my wobbly bits. But seeing your photos makes me realize that loose skin isn't really that big a deal. You look great.

Since I'm 60 and I was obese for a long time, it isn't likely that my skin will tighten up much on its own. But look how great you look in your clothes. Instead of obsessing about loose skin, I should learn how to dress better.

Thank you so much for putting it out there. I also have the saggy skin and my belly looks alot like yours. I've learned to camouflage it well and I also look fine in clothes. I don't know if I will undergo plastic surgery. I am considering it but I'd have to pay for it out of pocket so I have to really make sure if I go ahead, it's for the right reasons.

You are a beautiful lady and I want to congratulate you on your weight loss.

Thank you so much for sharing! I'm only 9 weeks post-op and already thinking about when and what if. Seeing it helps!

You look amazing! Thank you for sharing your a true inspiration!!

Thanks for the photos - they really help the newbies like me. We ALL get jiggly and saggy as we get older, irregardless of any weight loss along the way. :) You truly do look awesome and you probably feel sooo much better!

I admire you for sharing the photos - thank you!

As a side note, you're beautiful and congrats on your loss.

• AutumnPunkin,

• Thanks so much for sharing! You look fabulous. I have lost 65 pounds (at goal now) and I was wondering if I should expect any skin tightening. My belly is pretty darn saggy! I am doubtful that I will pursue a panni or Tummy Tuck, but I wish all of you the very best!

What a beautiful girl you are!

I am concerned with the skin but I feel it will inevitably happen. I have told my fiance that it is very doubtful that I would ever have the plastic surgery. I had such a time with this surgery I am actually afraid of any more surgery.

You look so good!! Thanks for sharing. I hope I can put it all out there like you. I want to encourage people.