Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting 5:2 and no scale this week

Just saw your post. In my desk I keep almonds and pecans and Quest bars and beef Jerky. Not too helpful unless you have a grocery store or 7-11 near your work. Good luck!

thanks guys. i ended up getting some grilled turkey ~3oz and some spinach leaves probably a little more than the 150 cals the protien shake would have had. but most likely not by too much..

though some mean person keeps making popcorn some where close i may have to go find some where else to work before i subsume.

I do my modified fast until dinner usually. I started out doing a Protein snack at around 2pm and then decided I really didn't need it. I do dinner and usually end up with between 350 and 400 calories. It works for me. Gives me 20 to 22 hours of fasting.

Well it is almost the end of other fasting day , I just ate my fish and garden salad , this is getting better and better I weigh today and the scale said 202 wow so close to onerland finally!!!!:)) yes we can!!!!!

Thanks for posting here everyone. It's helping me!

Ok I haven't had nothing to eat , my stomach is gurgling , but I have had so far 60 oz of Water , I will eat dinner when I get home bought 11 pm my time if I am hungry , or I will wait till about 5 pm tomorrow my time if I do it will be some kind of Protein then that will be enough, it seems like protein foods fill me up quick.

Edited by Debbie3sons

Ok I haven't had nothing to eat , my stomach is gurgling , but I have had so far 60 oz of Water , I at eat dinner when I get home bought 11 pm my time if I am hungry , or I will wait till about 5 pm tomorrow my time if I dunno it will be some kind of Protein then that will be enough, it seems like protein foods fill me up quick.

When was your last meal?

When was your last meal?

It was at 3pm yesterday , sometimes I just don't feel like eating and my schedule is also a variable schedule so I am up and down all the time , but I did eat a few almonds like 7 when I got home at 11pm but that's all I had and I don't know if it was because all the Water but I got that signal so I stopped and was fine, stomach stopped gurgling , but my stomach does it naturally any way even if I am eating I can put a bite of food in my mouth and it will start rumbling .

It was at 3pm yesterday , sometimes I just don't feel like eating and my schedule is also a variable schedule so I am up and down all the time , but I did eat a few almonds like 7 when I got home at 11pm but that's all I had and I don't know if it was because all the Water but I got that signal so I stopped and was fine, stomach stopped gurgling , but my stomach does it naturally any way even if I am eating I can put a bite of food in my mouth and it will start rumbling .

So you went 32 hours with no food? Sorry, I'm just not following your routine since you posted at 1:11 am on the 10th? Did you mean you ate at 3 pm on the 8th till 11 pm on the 9th? That's a long time but if it works and you don't suffer or feel overly deprived go for it.

I personally don't want to do this 4:3 diet if it's painful or I feel deprived. Once I feel that way I know I'll back away from it for a while. I've managed to stretch that morning fast into 2-3 pm without much suffering and this has carried over to the other 4 days a week. If I skip Breakfast and don't eat till 11 or noon, I'm OK with it. It's just one less meal I didn't need in the first place. I'm relying on my body to tell me when it's time to eat. Sounds like the same for you?

tmf

So you went 32 hours with no food? Sorry, I'm just not following your routine since you posted at 1:11 am on the 10th? Did you mean you ate at 3 pm on the 8th till 11 pm on the 9th? That's a long time but if it works and you don't suffer or feel overly deprived go for it.

I personally don't want to do this 4:3 diet if it's painful or I feel deprived. Once I feel that way I know I'll back away from it for a while. I've managed to stretch that morning fast into 2-3 pm without much suffering and this has carried over to the other 4 days a week. If I skip Breakfast and don't eat till 11 or noon, I'm OK with it. It's just one less meal I didn't need in the first place. I'm relying on my body to tell me when it's time to eat. Sounds like the same for you? yes that's what I meant, because I came home from work and posted , I told you I am up and down because of the Variable schedule , I just don't think about being hungry unless I am really am and sometimes I don't even have tie to eat but will get a few sips in of a Protein drink or just a few sips of Water so I guess keeping busy really does help lol.

tmf

I have found that carb cycling works very well for me. This does not include all the fasting. You are still getting all the necessary Protein you need, just controlling the level and types of carbs you eat. I have used the Vemma Bode program which has helped me change my eating to prepare for the Lapband and helps me stay healthy.

I didn't know what carb cycling was so I googled it. Sounds interesting.

I joined the century club this morning. 100 pounds lost as of today. Two pounds away from Onederland. I'm so happy and humbled to be here today. And I won't lie, kinda weepy. Love you all, my crazy banders!

@@JustWatchMe

Thats an amazing accomplishment congrats to you!! A moment that is totally deserving of a little joyful weepiness :-D