Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Opinions in Genepro protein powder?

I have seen that others have mentioned it on here, it says there is 30 grams of Protein in a tablespoon instead of a huge scoop and it mixes well in hot Water and has no taste. 0 sugar and 1 carb.

Edited by tbahm

I use it. I keep a bag on my desk at work. I even mix it into my tea in the morning if I'm anticipating a hectic day.

I use it. I mix it with my coffee. I love the fact it dissolves easily and has very little taste. I'm going to get some celery, carrots and apples and use my Vitamix high speed blender to start juicing. I can add the GENEPRO and get Protein in the mix. I find it too hard to get my vegetables and fruit in since I eat Protein first. I use the GENEPRO to get to my daily requirement of protein. I order it on Amazon.

Blessings,

Kathleen

I love it. I'm drinking a cup of tea with some mixed in it right now. I'm three weeks post-op and I had an awful time with Protein powders/shakes right after surgery, and this stuff has saved me. If I am eating something that is not a good source of Protein, like applesauce or miso Soup, it's great, and it's equally great in foods that already contain protein. I have yet to taste it in anything I'd added it and it doesn't change the texture. I still try and go for foods that are naturally high in protein, but when you get to the point where you just can't eat more plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese, this allows you to branch out while still getting protein. It's especially useful now, since I can't really eat enough yet to get those 80 grams.

Just ordered some of this , literally praying to god this works for me! 4 days out and having a tough time with shakes and powders . I got some BariWise fruit drink , the smell was bad but the taste was aweful! And Isopure ugh that tastes like the smell of my dogs bacon treats woof!!! I'm spending so much money too! Ugh

Too funny, I just asked this in another forum. Just got the stuff yesterday. Wish I knew what genetic tri-Protein peptide was or "instantized peptide whey", "hydrolyzed whey", and "genetic hexapeptide Protein. Those are the ingredients. If this the right kind of protein to get? I love the stuff and don't want to give it up, but is it truly pure whey protein????

I'm also in the same bucket as sarah92200 - spending a ton of money on finding what works best, what tastes best, and what gives the best protein intake.

I ordered samples of this off their website, can't wait to try it out. Would love to hear from more people how you like/dislike this stuff.

I love Genepro! My nut said it was ok. I use it along with another vanilla Protein and skim milk and a little ice with some sugar free banana pudding and make a shake in the morning. With all of that it tastes great. And it has 59 grams of protein. It is great. GENEPRO can be added easily to anything, it's only about a tablespoon for 30 grams of protein instead of those huge scoops. It's been great! The other protein mix which is vanilla is Unjury.< /p>

Edited by Thinkingthinner1109

I used Premier shakes before my sleeve surgery but could not tolerate the sweetness post surgery so I began using GENEPRO...it saved me and almost 6 months out I use it in my Crystal Light as my workout drink for some extra kick......had my first post op bloodwork and everything was perfect. Love my GENEPRO, I don't see myself without in the near future.

Love Genepro! It is medical grade Protein. Although it has special instructions so it will dissolve, the serving of 30grams of protein in a tablespoon can't be beat. You can half it to make it last longer. I mix with yogurt, tea, coffee, oatmeal, diet hot chocolate, yams.. I have not tried to mix with cold liquids since with warm you have to make sure to pour over the powder or it just floats to the top and doesn't dissolve. Best price on Amazon $32-$37. I also have Premier shakes from costco for a quicker option.

I still use a scoop everyday in my morning tea. I will be 18 months out in a week and every time my labs have been checked they have been great!! I love my genpro and have been using it daily since my surgery.