Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

Thanks mbrinmn, I am sure she will. She is a thin person, always has been, but has never ever judged me or my weight. Even at my heaviest she never said a word. I am quite certain she will be happy for me.

So another question to change the subject.. Most of the loss has come off my face, neck, chest, thighs and upper arms. I still have this ugh Muffin Top, ring of lard around my middle and my belly, reminds me of those infernal internet ads "Remove stubborn belly fat with this miracle tip". UGH! I know we can't pick and chose where the fat comes off, unless one has surgery. But does anyone else have this issue? The Abdominal FAT? Is there a scientific explanation for it?

As you lose more and more, that fat will dissipate. But the loose skin will, most likely, not unless you opt for surgery. You might be mistaking that loose skin as fat.

Doing great.

Only 16 pounds to goal (seems unreal!).

Now hitting 10,000 steps/day pretty regularly. Never thought that would happen.

Arthritis pain (knees) is so much less, even without any NSAIDs.

Energy is much higher.

sleeping well, too (the extra exercise, I'm sure).

Damn! What a good idea this was! :)

Oh I wish it was just loose skin.... no, it's fat. :D

As you lose more and more, that fat will dissipate. But the loose skin will, most likely, not unless you opt for surgery. You might be mistaking that loose skin as fat.

anyone with upper left back pain ?

I did post op... gas migrated up into my shoulder.. but not now.

anyone with upper left back pain ?

I did post op... gas migrated up into my shoulder.. but not now.

no this is not gas , whenever I do some physical work like walking a fair distance, the pain immediately starts, even sitting in a chair can cause it.

Just checking in to see how everyone survived the holidays. I'm back on track after a very slow December and early January and am losing steadily again. Not as fast as in the beginning but I am still going down. I have a doctors appointment on Monday and am anxious to see what my blood work shows and how they feel I am doing. I really don't have anyway to compare my progress to what is "normal". I know everyone has to go on their own journey but it really helps me to see how I am doing if I can see others. That's why I keep checking back in here. I was sleeved on August 29th and have a pretty uncomplicated course (thankfully). Exercise has become my new friend and I can finally :) start to see muscles again. Hope everyone is doing well and keep the posts coming. They really help!!

I don't think I did well at all during the holidays and I'm having a hard time building my determination to get back on track. Any hard hitting advice or words of truth for me?

And I did not have upper back but lower back. It was terrible for a couple weeks. I couldn't sit in hard chairs and some told me I had to re-learn to sit with a smaller bottom. Nevertheless, I worked on my posture and did had my husband crack my back by picking me up in a Jerky bear hug type move and its much better now. Hope you feel better soon...

@@Miaoreo I have it and hate it. I still have some ways to go so hopefully it will continue to go down. Eveything else is fine. I saw on another post some time back that the bell is the LAST to go.

@@Sas322 You are doing awesome over there! You are 219 now and was sleeved 3 days after me. My surgery weight was 286 so I say you are doing awesome. I am not close to 219 that's for sure. Acutally, I have no idea what my weight is. I will check in with my sleeve team in February so i am busting my butt now and hopefully be in the 220's. Like you said, everyone's journey is different. Keep up the good work over there!

Later Losers!

Hi all, August 25, sleever Lost about 50lbs and can now confidently buy a 1x. I feel wonderful. I'm officially in onederland at 187. I'm at a stall right now, but I'm ok with it. Summer is coming and I'll be able to get my swim on. Hope all AUGUST sleevers are doing as well or better! My HW 278, SW 241 CW 185. (Broke my stall) Michele

Edited by DevineMissM

Haven't checked in for a bit here goes. HW 353LBS PRE OP 329LBS CW 246 SD August 19th. In a slow crawl only lost 12 pounds since Christmas but I'm back on track. Now if I can just avoid those Girl Scout Cookies I'll be set. Lol

Hi everyone i had my sleeve Aug 26th HW 350 Pre OP 290 CW 239 Feeling amazing.... ????

Hi August Sleevers! Sleeved 8/19/14 Age: 50 HW: 347 SW: 317 CW: 256 Following the plan. Slower than some, but I'm okay with that as long as I'm still losing. So far, no skin issues :)