Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

Just checking in. Still striving with the sleeve. I found out the hard way that my tummy does not like bananas. I felt like my pouch was going to explode. I had to drink ginger tea. I am 10 pounds from a total 100 pounds loss from my highest weight. 50 pounds from my surgery.I don't even know how to register this. It's unbelievable. Still have a long road ahead of me.I did have a confrontation with cake and lost. Cake is my enemy,it's no secret over here. No more cake is coming in this house. I am back on track today. I hope that everyone is doing well and keep pushing. If you fall,get up and start again.

Later Losers!

Edited by motherof5

Merry Christmas to my fellow losers, may we all focus on family, friends and the magic of the day. Just say no to the Cookies lol.

Just wanted to share this.

post-228624-0-60586900-1419520157_thumb.jpg

How's this for a NSV...went power shopping on my lunch hour (big clearance sale/no time to try on) bought a few large shirts and size 14 slacks, the entire lot has to be returned as they are too big. Started this journey in tight 2X and size 20ish. Too bad it was a one day 85% off sale.

Yay!!! Made it to ONEDERLAND! 199 today! down 65 pounds! UNBELIEVABLE! And this with all the Christmas candy, Cookies and goodies still stareing at me! Honestly I don't even want them... they don't even appeal to me.. but then not much does. Almost 5 months and my sleeve is still very restrictive, thank goodness...

I'm 19 weeks post-op and have lost 63 pounds.

A few weeks ago, my bariatric P.A. urged me to raise my daily calories to 1,000, which I've done. As a result, I've stalled for the first time. But I'm not upset. Yet. ;) I certainly want to avoid letting my body get accustomed to living on 800 cals/day. I'm sure the scale will start moving again soon.

Everything is going so well. I'm now wearing size 12s. I weigh 172 and have only 22 more pounds to lose before reaching goal. (That's just craaaazy!)

I'm so grateful for my sleeve and so happy I decided to take this "drastic step," which has turned out to be nearly as drastic as it I thought it might be.

I still enjoy food quite a bit. However, it doesn't have nearly the "reward" significance it used to play. Exercise is more important to me than it used to be, and I really do see that it makes me feel much better. I'm much more active and engaged than I was pre-op.

Being sleeved is a wonderful way to live, and I am loving it.

I hope everyone else here is doing well.

@@VSGAnn2014 That is great news Ann. I am happy that you are happy,lol. We are truly blessed to have this sleeve of ours. I think about ti eveyday and try to work it the best that I can. I am always thinking about food but in a good way. Figuring out how to make tasty foods that are healthy for me.

Congrats Loser! Kepp up the good work!

That is interesting that you say you are always thinking about food... I try NOT to think about it, but I do. I mean I still have to cook. I have always cooked, we were never a 'fast food' family. But now cooking means creative ways to eat healthier for myself and my DH. He doesn't object, although I wonder when he is going to ask for a salad! :D

@@VSGAnn2014 That is great news Ann. I am happy that you are happy,lol. We are truly blessed to have this sleeve of ours. I think about ti eveyday and try to work it the best that I can. I am always thinking about food but in a good way. Figuring out how to make tasty foods that are healthy for me.

Congrats Loser! Kepp up the good work!

Big day, first day below 200! 15 more pounds and I'll be down to the weight I was when I got married 12 years ago. It's just incredible that it keeps happening.

I was out having some lunch ramen with my husband today (and was, like always, full way before he was finished, which I think is probably the worst side effect, having to wait around while he eats!) and besides learning that ramen noodles are the absolute devil, which is sad, I mentioned that it's been long enough since the surgery that I've pretty much forgotten what it's like to be a person who could eat a "normal" portion of anything. Now I just see the food people get and I'm like "that is an improbably gigantic amount of food for a person to eat" all the time. It's weird how you get adjusted to the new state of being.

I don't spend a lot of time thinking too hard about my diet. I stay away from sweets for the most part, and try to focus on the first things I eat being Proteins, followed by veggies, and carbs last unless I'm really having a craving, but then I know I'll feel bad afterwards. It's weird, I feel like my body is much more in tune now with eating healthy over eating bad. I feel better when I eat healthily, and I can confidently say pre-surgery my body felt the opposite. I guess all those reward signals from my brain were drowning out my body saying "this is going to make you feel bad later."

Not so anymore, and it's like, killed my food lust so it's a lot easier to be clear-headed and think logically about eating being a process of fueling my body, not something I do because I love it. I still do love tastes of delicious things, but I'm happy with tastes now. People I tell about the surgery (my mom, for example) just can't understand the idea of how it works.

But it's miraculous. This is by far the smartest thing I have ever done for myself ever. I just regret waiting so long.

Happy New Year everyone. Hope that the weight loss journey is going well. Just to update will be 5 month next week doing well. I wanted to be in a size 12 by January and I made it. I have stalled my first one which is ok I am not going crazy over it. My inches are coming off which is great. My current weight is 179 so that a total lose of 61 goal weight is 150 so I have 29 more to go. Hopefully everyone is doing well.

Sleeved on 8/13/14. As of today I am down 91lbs and about 12" on my waist. I started running and looking forward to my first 5K in February. My life is truly changed and I am a completely different person.

Thats awesome Mike098 - I was sleeve 8/26/14 - have lost 90 lbs and lost 13 inches off my HIPS! So Im right there with you! Enjoying my new lifestyle - my new clothes - my new everything. I keep running into people who dont even know who I am - thats awesome!

Boy, some of you guys are rockin' it!

Respect!

I was sleeved on aug 4 of 2014 5 months. and 102 ( total including my 30 priior) lbs later I am a bit befuttled . loving life is an understatement, eating about 3/4 cup of literally anything is the prob I wish there was a way to tell my head Im done when my stomach says its done... does anyone get what I mean, like I still want the rest of something when my stomach is literally aching. no I dont eat it. I wouldnt want to gain, but there must be a way to stop the disconnect or sync the two !!