Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

I was sleeved on August 13th and did very well the 1st two weeks I was home and then BAM... I starting having the worst tummy ache ever. Every single day!!!. Nothing helped, until last week I contacted my surgeon's office and after going back and forth with the emails, they ordered Prilosec twice a day and Sucralfate 4 times a day for an ulcer. Today, is the first day I feel halfway decent. I even cut back on my soft foods and started back with the liquids. Other than the lack of energy and having to take Miralax everyday (whew). my heads spins just thinking about it, lol. I finally think I'm going to be okay. I am down 33 lbs from my surgery date. So I feel good able that, and those doubts of getting better have gone away.. This is early on and what a journey it has been. I wish each and every one of you going through your journey all the best!!! I can now say "This too shall pass"...

I enjoy this site and I know I am not alone, and some are suffering worst that me, but in the mist of it, it doesn't feel like it..

I'm almost ready to do my "happy dance" feeling better... Happy Wednesday everybody :-)

IM OFFICIALLY OUT OF THE STALL! I've lost an additional 8 pounds. day of op I was 345 two weeks out I was down to 329 week 3 and a half I was down to 319 and that's when I stalled now week 7 I believe in down 311! so close to reaching the 2s. I see a lot of you guys getting closer to onederland, that's great keep up the good work!

Questions ladies.... I am 28 yrs old. Since surgery my poor face breaks out as if I am a teenager in high school... This is driving me CRAZY!!! I'm curious to know if it has anything to do with my body changing from weight loss. Any thoughts??

This is stuff. I use a saucer and I leave food on it... I get full really fast and I don't I start off with a lot of food.. I can do leftovers for one day, but not over and over and over...lol

One of the toughest things for me is not cleaning my plate. Flash back 60 years to my grandmothers table.

I'm glad I'm not alone with the stalling. I was really getting discouraged. I was stalled at weeks 3 through 5. I was sleeved on August 12th. The scale has started to move again and I am now down 26.2 lbs. So happy :)

Questions ladies.... I am 28 yrs old. Since surgery my poor face breaks out as if I am a teenager in high school... This is driving me CRAZY!!! I'm curious to know if it has anything to do with my body changing from weight loss. Any thoughts??

Ugh yes I'm 36 and it's killing me. I stopped taking Biotin to stopped the break outs before surgery but I'm five weeks out and it has flared up again. I had no idea why either.

Hi everyone it good to see some of ya are doing well getting out of the stall. I am 7 week post op doing well haven't stall thank God. I weight once a week on a Monday I average about 2 lbs a week weight loss I am glad that its slow so I wont have any lose skin. I am weight lifting now to tone the area that I don't want the lose skin. Overall I am glad that I made this decision to get the sleeve still not able to eat a lot only spoon full two bite I still drink my Protein which is good to get the protein in. I am down 34 lbs. Happy Friday to everyone and have a good weekend.

My surgery was on August 13. Week 6 for me. I am on soft foods. So sick of it. What do you guys eat when you go out? I always look for Soup. Sick of it actually. Im so ready to eat normally again. Just have to survive till then :-) I had 1 stall and I weigh in on Monday. Post surgery I am down 22 lbs. I was a little slower to bounce back from surgery. I felt weak even though I was eating and drinking enough. My stamina has finally come back! Yay!

This is stuff. I use a saucer and I leave food on it... I get full really fast and I don't I start off with a lot of food.. I can do leftovers for one day, but not over and over and over...lol[/quote

Missbaisah, sounds like a good idea. For the past 3 meals I have remnants on my plate. I tell myself it's not worth the pain of an overfull tummy. I also have the issue of leftovers. How to cook for one when all I can eat is 3oz max!

Happy Friday it is I had my 1 month post op and my Dr said and nut said im doing great with staying between 800 and 1000 calories and getting my Protein in as well. Notice the scale is moving slow but im still happy. I can live a somewhat normal life eating less but normal food. Chew chew chew it make everything soft to digest. Good luck

Here's a big protip for my August 2014 peeps:

One week ago, I had gallbladder surgery, which was four weeks VSG post-op. And here's my helpful advice:

NEVER, EVER have surgery when you're already constipated. The additional anesthesia and post-op pain meds will bind you up even worse.

I'm just now (a week later) getting this all sorted out.

Looking back, it all seems so obvious -- but I sure wasn't paying enough attention. Oh, well ... live and learn.

I have to have my gallbladder out on the 15th which will be right around 8 weeks out from the sleeve. I am definitely dealing with some pretty bad Constipation and was wondering about that with going into this next surgery. How would you have dealt with it if you could go back?

Hi everyone I was sleeved on Aug 8th it has been so hard thus far. Didn't think it would be a walk in the park but wow. First I started surgery date at 388lbs as of today I am 318lbs the first 4 weeks the only thing stayed down was Water. Now I have been having server heartburn and nausea which is making it so hard to eat been in an out the hospital a few times now I am on 3 prescriptions to try an help. Has been the hardest thing I have ever dealt with. But still looking forward to the better days.

Hi everyone I was sleeved on Aug 8th it has been so hard thus far. Didn't think it would be a walk in the park but wow. First I started surgery date at 388lbs as of today I am 318lbs the first 4 weeks the only thing stayed down was Water. Now I have been having server heartburn and nausea which is making it so hard to eat been in an out the hospital a few times now I am on 3 prescriptions to try an help. Has been the hardest thing I have ever dealt with. But still looking forward to the better days.

Sorry you are having such problems. I hope you get better soon. I had a rough start for about the first ten days. I didn't have too much nausea but rough none the less. I regretted my decision about the first 10 days. Your days will get better and I hope very soon!

Hey Hey Hey! Motherof5 checking in. As of yesterday I am officially a month out. I went ti the surgeon on Monday and I am down 9 pounds. That brings me to 264 pounds now. And a total of 69 pounds friom my highest weight. Unfortunately my BP is still sky high. I still have a long journey ahead with 100 pounds more to lose. I am thankful that I do not have to take my BP meds crushed. That stuff is terrible. I did get very sick the other because I took my meds on an empty stomach. I figured it was from my first egg or the pills. So, now I am straight with that. It still depend on my prtoein shakes. Now I just add fruit to it or spinach and kale. I do the green smoothies to help with the potty issues. I switched my Vitamins and started those today. Umm, I cannot eat a lot and I don't overeat. It makes me feel so bad and like something is about to come out of my throat.Who wants to feel like that? It took me all day to eat one egg, geesh. I started doing my recumbent bike, 3 days on and 1 day off. I also found an awesome app on my tablet that I can work on my upper body and bum. i will probably start that tonight or next week. No rush. other than that, I am blessed and doing awesome over here. Oh, I do not weight myself. I wait until my office visits for that. It gives me motivation, the drive to stay on track with my plan. I push myself so that hopefully I will be pleased at my next visit. My new goal is 254 when I go back in October.

I noticed how awesome the August folks are doing now. It is much easier now, isn't it? Remember to stay on plan as much as possible. Drink lots of Water and do the Protein fisrt. Don't sweat the scale because the stall is bound to happen. You are most likely losing in inches.

Later Loser!

Edited by motherof5