Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 1/2 YEARS OUT AND NEEDS SUPPORT AND ADVISE

Hi, I was sleeved in December 2010. I was doing great and lost 100 pounds. Last year I hurt my knee and needed surgery. Since then I have gained 32 lbs back. I wasn't able to excercise like I had been and I let my eating habits get very bad. I am ready to get back on track. For the last two weeks I have been doing vegetable/fruit smoothies and trying to keep my eating in check. I was wondering if anyone could give me some infomation on the "pouch test" and just give me support. Any advise would be appreciated.

I would advise you to start tracking everything you eat. There are many tracking apps out there but I use myfitnesspal.com.

Next, clean out your house of anything unhealthy. It's called managing your environment.

Third - you mentioned fruit/veggies, but what about Protein? The rule of Protein first still applies this far out.

Is your knee better now?

As for the pouch test, IDK about doing that personally. It's a liquid diet if I'm not mistaken. This far out, for me, I don't want just liquids. But google "pouch test" and there's alot of info out there via dr. google.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you very much Stephanie. I have that app and Im going to start using it. My refrigerator just broke so I am starting new with all healthy food. I guess everything happens for a reason and it is actually a blessing it broke. I am very bad about Protein, and I know its the most important. I started the 5 day pouch test today. I think I needed it just to get my head on straight and remember I am a bariatric patient and I need to eat like one. And as for my knee it it ok, not 100%. My dr told me to take it slow with the exercising. I have to just do low impact exercises. So I plan on walking and weight training. Thanks again for your advise.

I was sleeved 2011- need to get back on track and remember why I started- any tips? You go proud mom! I'm also doing the 5 day pouch- would love to support others as well

Hi! I just found this app today!

I had my sleeve 6+ years ago. I did meet my goal which is 155, but I've slowly been gaining it back. Today I am up to 190. Ugh!! I was at a steady 175 for a couple of years, but I want to get back to my goal weight. I don't feel that I over eat, or eat bad foods. My problem is alcohol (beer). It's easy to drink but wasteful calories!! I need support getting back to 2008. Lol