Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you eating/drinking/exercising? Specific Details, Please!

Those of you successfully losing, can you give me specifics of what your waking hours are in terms of food/drink/exercise?

And if you give me feedback, tell me why I shouldn't believe that my NUTs tell me. LOL

I have been a slow loser in this process. I am currently 204, been here about 3+ weeks. I was 296 Dec 5, and 256 on my surgery date March 11. Basically 90 pounds in less than 10 months which is awesome, but the scale just moves so slow for doing everything right. Its beginning to really upset me. I have gone from a 24 to a comfortable 18, 3x to XL/L which is awesome.

My NUT at my surgeons office says don't count calories, count Protein of which I am getting over 80 grams a day via chicken, greek yogurt, cottage cheese and a GNC Protein Powder in my Water 30 mins before working out. I round that out with various fruits and veggies - lots of variety here and no starches. I get 64+ ounces of water daily. And working out - I walk 2.5-3 miles at lunch in about 45min to an hour. And I do weights every other day via machines in a gym in the evening. Sometimes, I do additional treadmill or elliptical cardio in the evening for 45 minutes to an hour.

I don't track my food because its so similar everyday and when I was doing MFP I was getting about 800-900 calories a day. I am becoming OCD about what I eat. I won't dare cheat and saboage this but its becoming emotionally exhausting because I am blaming myself that I must be doing something wrong and I know stress is horrible for weight loss.

I am doing exactly what I was told to do and its not working. It's $74 for 30 minutes to go back to the NUT. I can't afford that right now :-)

Sounds like you're about 6 months out. This is the 3rd reference I've seen today to a 6-month stall. Here's a link to another post. http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/318562-6-month-stall/ Perhaps you can support each other in getting through this. As I've mentioned before, after my Week-3 Stall, my DOC told me that the next major plateau would be at 6 months. I'm a guy, so I don't know if that holds true for women as well. But going by what I've read today, it may be an issue for both genders. But I'm a newbie... Any vets out there, particularly women, remember if they had a big, bad 6-month stall?

I was stuck at six months out also. My nutritionist suggested switching up what I ate each day. It worked. She says the body gets used to eating the same things and exercising the same way. So vary it and your body will start to respond.

A few things at work here.

1. A times it is normal to have a stall, or slow down. Your body is adjusting and the less you have to lose, the more it's likely to hold onto every calorie.

2. Slow and steady may be annoying but is the best. Step away from the scale. It will only make you crazy.

Overall it just sounds like impatience to me. Relax.