Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The ACTI-TRAINER (like bodybugg)

Ok, so after seeing all the success stories associated with the body bugg... I started to budget for one.

While doing some research, I found the actitrainer. (sleep study feature (which bodybugg MAY have, but I didn't see it) Which tells you how many times you get up while you are sleeping. It has a food log so you can see if you're burning more than you are consuming (which, hopefully, you are). I'm wearing it right now.. I like the challenge of seeing if I am burning more calories today than yesterday... I highly endorse it, if you were on the fence about getting a body bugg... you may want to consider the actitrainer.

FYI- I challenged my husband to see who burns more calories a day, me who leads a relatively sedative life as a stay at home mommy (Who's pretty lazy, I'll admit).. or him, an aircraft mechanic, who lifts 60-100lbs parts all day long, and runs 6 miles on average at home... Well, I burned nearly 300 more calories than he did.... (I told him maybe he'd have more luck if he did his daily routine with a 70lb back pack on)....

Anyhow.. I love my acti-trainer.

Can you tell me how much the membership is after that first free trial month? I couldnt locate that on the website. I too was interested in the body bugg but it was out of my price range, this seems more do-able.

I am definitely going to get one of those. I exercise like crazy and have no clue how many calories I am burning. This sounds great.

Oh, I am soo glad.. and the staff there is SOO friendly, if you talk to Jeremy, tell him I sent you :-) They don't advertise, (at all it seems), and I couldn't find a lick about them when I tried to google or froogle it.....

I think it's about $6-$10 a month thereafter, depending on how you pay.. But I will check into and get back to you.

Ok, here's the pricing for one use (two users or family plan is slightly more) $9.95 for one month, or $25.00 for three months, or $109 for a year, or $198 for two years

thanks for the info. This surely is something I am giving much more thought to.

Thats AWESOME! I was looking into the Body Bugg. My birthday is in one week and I was telling everyone to pitch in and buy me one! Haha. This looks like it would work just fine though! Thanks for passing this on!

:Banane43: I want one! My birthday is past already....and Christmas is SO far away... I guess I'll have to start saving my money, I'd love to try one of these.

Silly, are you still having fun with yours? Any results yet? Keep us posted!

Yes, keep us posted. My car broke down so I don't have any extra money right now. As soon as I do, I'll be getting one. I'd love to hear how it's going with yours until then.

I haven't used the food log yet... I have a really hard time loggin my food... I guess that's part of why I'm so heavy... I don't want to have to be accountable for what I put in my body. BUT that's MY issue, and I'm working on it. BUT I totally use the rest of the functions. I don't know if the bodybugg has one, but this one has a display on it that shows you how many steps you've takes so far, how many calories you've burned, how far you've walked, average heart rate, etc... So I'm constantly looking at it.. and when you plug it in to your computer it takes the info and puts it into a bar graph. So, I've been just trying to take at least ONE more step each day than the day before... So far it's been SO motivating.. Especially during workouts.

Do you use the armband, or the beltclip?

I would like to know how BIG the armband is, cause thats what I would use...but HELLO! I'm fat and would need a freaking belt to wrap it on my arm. Haha. I don't see on the site if it says how big the armband is? Maybe I should wait until after I'm banded and have lost some weight?

Hey Suzzie :-)

Ok, I don't wear it on my arm OR waist.. I actually just keep it in my pocket.. OR if I'm working out, I clip it to my bra strap... The actitrainer ITSELF just has to be in close enough contact with the polar heart strap which you wear around your chest. It comes on a pretty stretchy band.. I wear a size 22-24, and I still have about 4 - 6 inches that I could work with... I think you'd be ok, besides if it DOESN'T fit you yet... there's another great motivator... to be able to be small enough to wear it... I"m almost POSTIVE the chest strap would fit you, if you insist on wearing the arm band, that will fit you too.. I'm pretty sure... I've never used it. I can measure both for you if you want.

Hey Suzzie :-)

Ok, I don't wear it on my arm OR waist.. I actually just keep it in my pocket.. OR if I'm working out, I clip it to my bra strap... The actitrainer ITSELF just has to be in close enough contact with the polar heart strap which you wear around your chest. It comes on a pretty stretchy band.. I wear a size 22-24, and I still have about 4 - 6 inches that I could work with... I think you'd be ok, besides if it DOESN'T fit you yet... there's another great motivator... to be able to be small enough to wear it... I"m almost POSTIVE the chest strap would fit you, if you insist on wearing the arm band, that will fit you too.. I'm pretty sure... I've never used it. I can measure both for you if you want.

Thanks for the info... I'm going to Vegas in about 3 weeks, so I'm saving money for that right now (priorities, haha!), so maybe when I get back I'll look into getting one. :kiss2:

I'm going to vegas in August! I've never been there before... Is this your first trip too?? Maybe you'll win enough there to buy an actitrainer..

Nope! I went last year for the frist time. A co-worker was talking about how she and her family (husband, dad, aunts, uncles...) ALL go in May. I asked her what dates she was going, and it was during the week I was taking off anyway, cause of my birthday...so I was in Las Vegas for my 29th bday. :( This year we are going at the end of May, so I'll already have my birthday by then...but fun will still be had!

Last year we stayed at the RIviera, this year we are staying ath Sahara. The North end of the Strip is cheaper!!! If you want to stay on the South end (Luxor, Mandalay Bay, Bellagio, Ceasars, etc...) you will pay 3-4 times more than you will pay on the North end.

Overall, I LOVE Vegas. Although I think you are crazy for going to the desert in August! Take sunscreen, and some GOOD walking shoes. No one cares about style...you're feet will kill you if you don't take comfy shoes!