Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to fifties group

@@LisaGB

Congrats on getting to the preop stage:). How long is your preop diet and what does it consist of? If you don't mind me asking

Thanks everyone for the support! My prep diet is 10 days long and I can have low carb/high Protein Shakes (using Premier vanilla), fruit, light yogurt, fat free chicken/turkey/ham, plain low carb veggies, dill pickles, fat free cottage cheese, sf Popsicles and fudgecicles, sf pudding and Jello. It hasn't been too bad and I've lost 14 #s! Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday so only 3 more days! Getting excited...

Woohoo! My past was drastically different from everyone else's. From my first appointment with the surgeon until my surgery was 3 weeks. No prep. In some ways, it was easy because I didn't have time to fret. But I had to do an enormous amount of research on my own. I knew more about it then the hospital dietitian. But almost 3 months out, I am doing fine. I think, other than following all of the Dietary issues, the best advice I have received is to remember that everyone is different and will lose the weight at a different pace. As tempting as it is, try not to compare yourself or your progress with other people. As long as you listen to your sleeve, you will do just fine. Good luck!

@@LisaGB

How exciting to be so close, sounds like you have done great with preop diet. It does seem like each surgeon has their own regimen for preop...thanks for sharing yours:). I will be thinking positive thoughts flowing for you as your day gets closer!

@@pansy63 Thanks! :)

@@LisaGB, I just noticed your surgery was today! Hope everything went well. When you're up to it. keep us posted.Wishing you a quick recovery.

Btw, I read your post about what you were allowed in the pre-op diet. You were so lucky!

@@Kathy812 Yes, I had surgery Wednesday but complications of pain and nausea kept me in the hospital until yesterday...feeling almost human today. My pre-op diet was more generous than others have described. According to the surgeon the size of my liver wasn't an issue during the procedure.

my surgery was September 9th 2014 I am A 86 pounds down no problems no regrets

Has anyone had issues with post-op nausea? I can't drink/eat much of anything without feeling immediately queezy with occasional dry heaves. Any suggestions?

They immediately gave me drugs for nausia at the hospital. I would contact your surgeon and have him write you a prescription. for me the nausia passed in about 3 days. Also, try sucking on ice chips. When I first started drinking Protein Shakes I had to pour them over crushed ice and use a spoon... Took me about 3 hours to get down one shake. lol

Edited by kimmeesue

Thanks @@kimmeesue! I have meds but will try the ice chips.< /p>

just thought of something else... I love constant comment tea by Bigelow and I switched to Decaf after my sleeve... Anyway sipping warm has always helped when I feel nauseous.

Hi all! I am a 51 year old Sleever. I had my surgery on February 10th, and I am down 40 lbs. My biggest stressors include getting enough Water, Protein, and exercise. Although my progress is great, I wonder if it would be even better if I met any of my goals above. I am an elementary school teacher, and my job is exhausting, not to mention my 1 hr. commute each way. I am glad to find the 50s group!

@LisaGB: I had to spend an extra day in the hospital as well. I couldn't drink anything without pain. I am glad you are feeling a little more human! My first shower was heavenly!

@Iclemur welcome! Yes, that first shower was quite nice!