Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to fifties group

Simplesue. Great job. How have you been feeling. And how is eating progressing for you?

What is your prior stats and ht and age if you don't mind

Thank you @@Grandma & @@mjmboston ????I'm 51yo, 5'4", lost 10 lbs from the time I went to my 1st nutrition seminar in April til surgery & then 30lbs post op so far. Eating is going well overall, still on soft diet, but better variety & perfect for Thanksgiving. Tastebuds have changed a bit & still fill up quick even eating slowly.

Edited by SimplySue

Awesome you're doing amazing thanks for sharing.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Thank you & you too, wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to my Fabulous 50's ! Enjoy your day and get ready for the big holiday swing !

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving !! Now back to reality for a few weeks anyway, lol

Now I'm trying to get all my CHRISTmas stuff done so my hubby doesn't have so much to do. We've decided to Celebrate with my grand babies on the 13th before my 16th surgery date to make sure I can totally enjoy it. Then traditionally I make dinner on Christmas around 4ish so my kids don't have to make dinner yet it gives my Grandkids time to enjoy their toys at home. My hubby said he'd prepare the meal. This will be awesome to sit back and watch. Lol. Loving my life!!!!!

At 9 days out you should be feeling pretty good pain wise. I still got tired at 2 weeks out and 4 days out was Halloween. We had everyone over that was 19 of us here and I ordered pizza for all. Tired when they left though.

It all depends on you and how your feeling on Christmas Day. Everyone is different with their tiredness and pain levels. I've read some have been out shopping just 4 days after surgery!

Thanks. That's what I was hoping for. When I first was booking I picked December 29 so it wouldn't effect CHRISTmas. But then all I could think is by then I'd be two weeks post if I took 16th. Like you I thought I should feel pretty good by then. But thanks for first hand advice it's so much better then guessing and I know everyone's different.

Hi Ladies! Hope everyone survived Thanksgiving...especially those who were sleeved in October...if you are feeling like this is a very weird time in your life right now...it is! I remember those first few months seemed so surreal. Uncomfortable but exciting at the same time!

Speaking of weird, I just posted my new blog entry and I know for some of you it will be a weird read. What can I say? But having lost 80+ lbs has allowed me to feel free enough to be who I am even though it's a far cry from mainstream people I know. So when you read it, just pretend your reading a work of fiction! Even though my new path in life embraces sensuality, it really is no different than what ever you embrace. How many events have we all attended where our weight played a factor in how we were able (or not able) to fully enjoy the occasion? When you don’t have the issue of extra weight, it allows you to be unburdened and you have the ability to take in more positive experiences.

And if you think this one is a little different, wait until I write about the masked ball in two weeks!

Happy reading and happy healing to all of you wonderful, strong, amazing women!

sorry our little group did not hold together. Everyone has had surgery and moved on. I am still waiting for a date.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I'm still here!!! Merry Christmas LainieG and you just wait....you will get a date and it will be here before you know it!

I'm still here too, been coming here now and then and not seeing any updated posts.

I'm still fighting stalls, just can't move beyond 179-181! What gives? Went back to 2 shakes a day and simple dinner of Protein and veggies.

Just had Christmas at granny's last night with all 9 grandchildren and their moms and dads. It was wonderful to see them all together, ate my first piece of pizza a small one but it was delicious !

Merry Christmas to all of the fifties group who still are out there somewhere. LainieG , when is your surgery?

I'm still here too. Lost fast the first few weeks now really slow. But still down 32 pounds in 7 weeks, couldn't have done that without the sleeve. Having trouble drinking Water, still tastes terrible. Got my cast off 4 days ago and am allowed to start light walking so hopefully that will help. Hang in there LannieG. Your day will come.