Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to fifties group

Hi all,

Is the GENEPRO Protien called "Musclepro Research Genepro Genetic Tri-Protien Peptide Powder"? That is what comes up on Amazon with a search.

Thanks,

Janet

Thank you i just ordered this today :)

HI Funsize!!!! Just think how you will feel after the first of the year!!!! You are about to embark on a total mind / body / soul/ connection that will allow you to become the person you were meant to be!!!! I don't have any suggestions for a pre-op (I actually had no pre-op) but I do know you are in for a great year!!!! Welcome!!!!

Thank you I am soooo looking forward to a New Year and a new me.

@@funsize my preop diet was very easy. It was 1200 calories. Pasta, bread, rice , corn and potatoes were not allowed. Low fat or no fat cheese etc. if you are on a calorie counting pre op, The My Fitness Pal is a huge help. If you can eat anything besides shakes, my NUT recommended Moringstar prime grillers and canned chicken which were great. (Not together Lol) also trying to eat every 4 hours helped, plus the 64 ounces of Fluid. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your advice I am going to call my NUT and confirm what is and what is not allowed.

Hi everyone! Hope all is well here in the 50's group....Traveler....I hope things are going well for you...wow, what a strange trip you have been on! Anyway, for those who are interested, I just posted a new post on www.queenofcrop.com....it's all about WHAT HAS BROUGHT YOU JOY IN YOUR LIFE?

Happy reading everyone!

Thanks Wynnie for great advice.

Thanks Bella and Jaluvic!!! I'm gonna order mine ASAP. Have my preop appt Wednesday.

Hi all I am in the week 3 stall but hanging in there. I am really tired, but that may partly be from not being able to do much because of my ankle. I can now put a little weight on it, so I will be going back to work part- time Wednesday. I hope my energy will improve as I get out more. Working hard to get my Protein in. I ordered the GENEPRO, thanks for the suggestion BellaLuce4.

@@traveler60, I was thinking about you the other day, I was wondering how you're coming along. Glad to hear that you're able to put a little weight on your foot. Hopefully each day gets better. Be careful& don't overdo it.

Fun size what kind of pre-surgery diet are you on. I thought you meant 2 week liquid diet ?

Had my oral surgery last Thursday and still very sore and painful. Trying to wear my lower partial for a few hours at a time but it has made my lower gums even more sore. It will get better just needs time to heal. Last thing to do is the psych evaluation, which comes tomorrow ! Finally !

Had my oral surgery last Thursday and still very sore and painful. Trying to wear my lower partial for a few hours at a time but it has made my lower gums even more sore. It will get better just needs time to heal. Last thing to do is the psych evaluation, which comes tomorrow ! Finally !

Good Luck tomorrow! Every step is 1 step closer???????? you are almost there !

@traveler60. I couldn't walk at all in the beginning . Was in bed and it was hard, ( I have RA) But even when I was finally able to walk...was still sooo tired with no energy! About 4-5 weeks my energy came back a little at a time which coincided with the introduction of real food. Especially steak in the 5 th week.

I read on another thread that some Sleevers are taking B12 from the beginning of surgery and haven't had weak/ energy issues. Some are doing shots or a nasal spray or sublingual.(spelling?)

I didn't get that memo n went to bed every night by 7... Lol I just figured our bodies need extra rest after a surgery, especially beings my 50 's! ????

My Dr just text me this evening telling to start on B12 dots no idea what that is but looks like I'll find out!!! Lol

I have Fibromyalgia and have to drop to meds. I've already done that and taking pain meds hardly at all. Trying to handle the pain. Afraid if I don't pain meds won't help. Handling adjustments start my YMCA workouts tomorrow. They say exercise helps with fibromyalgia and post surgery. Getting a jump on my program.

Edited by Grandma2tweeties

I take Celebrate Vitamin which I'm told has enough B12. I take it 2x per day. No b12 shots. strawberry pineapple flavor. However, it doesn't have enough Calcium, so I do have to take that as well.

Last two days at mayo have been long. Did the resting metabolism test Tuesday, Oximetry test Wednesday night, blood draw this morning (14 vials), then off for ECG, met with Nutritionist and Endocrinologist - whew! Nutritionist visit went well and I am officially down 15.1 lbs. after 5 weeks of my pre-op diet - Whoo Hoo!!! Other good news, my A1C (diabetes indicator) has gone down from 11.2 (a year ago when I had a stroke) to 6.5! I am super excited about that number. Last visit with Nutritionist in 2 weeks where she'll give me my final exam. Said I have to pass it with at least a 70%. Told her I could pass it today with a 100% :) She agreed! Only thing I have to give up is chewing gum. No problem ... DONE! Everything else I'm already doing. Doing my colonoscopy prep later this afternoon and then Friday at 9:35 a.m. both my endoscopy and colonoscopy are scheduled at Mayo Clinic. Bring it on and let's get this thing a rolling! I'm ready for weight loss surgery. Looks like I will be having the bypass instead of the sleeve but I hope you girls will let me stay here with you. They tell me the bypass will eliminate my diabetes and I'll lose more weight, so I think that's the route I'll take :) Kathy - glad to see you doing so well. I promise to keep up with everyone else as soon as I get all this craziness behind me.

bodyweight.png?ts=1416462517