Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric Center of Kansas City

I am looking for anyone who had their sleeve done at the Bariatric Center of Kansas City on 2nd floor. Can you tell me what you had to pay for the "facility Charge" and also the surgeon fee. I have Dr. Hoehn. Trying to figure all my up front charges. I have to pay 500 up front for my EGD, I have a 2000 dollar deductible with a total max out of pocket of 6000. can anyone help me understand how all this works, I am so confused. Thanks.

I am having my sleeve done through KC Bariatrics (submitted to insurance on Wednesday) - with Dr. Hamilton.

I paid the $250 program fee, and then the initial fee for the surgeon visit, but then I hit my deductible, so I'm at 100% coverage for the surgery (yeah) so I can't be of much help. Sorry.

I am having my surgery with Dr Hamilton on the 13th of October. I am at my max out of pocket too so I am sorry I can't help you out either with your insurance questions. I suggest calling your ins co and ask them to explain it to you. Good luck!!

Question. How long did you have to wait between insurance approval and surgery date? I am waiting for approval right now and am trying to get a rough estimate on surgery date.

My surgery was scheduled for about 4.5 weeks after the approval was rec'd

I plan to use the KC Bariatrics Center of Excellence with Dr Hoehn. Just waiting on Open enrollment in a week, so I can be insured. :)

The open enrollment package has been sent out, and I'm super excited that Dr Hoehn and KC Bariatrics hosp are both Tier 1 and "in network"!! I never thought I would ever be sooo excited to pay for health insurance, when for all my life we never paid a dime (hubs ins was paid for through his employer, paid 100% of everything, but EXCLUDED anything related to bariatrics...dumb insurance!) I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to click that button to take out the UHC PPO and get this party started!

I'm north of KC, doing all my preop stuff with Heartland (Mosaic) in St Joe!

The surgeons office will tell you what you need to pay. Usually they want your full deductible or if you have met that, then whatever your co-insurance portion would be. So say your surgery costs $15,000, and your co insurance is 20%, then they would want $3000 up front.

We have had a lot of family medical stuff going on (a 6 day stay at children's will have anyone meeting their deductible and near out of pocket max--although worth it for the excellent facility and drs)....anyway, I'm pushing to have mine done this year bc we have met out deductible and have only $800 til we hit our out of pocket max of $9000 for the year.

Your out of pocket is the most you will pay in the year for all medical. So you pay full deductible first, then whatever your co-pays or co-insurance is up to your out of pocket max. So once you hit that max, you pay nothing. Make sense?

Makes sense devoted04. I selected the UHC PPO, which my coworkers who have had the surgery already advised me to get. I pay higher premiums, but only have $750 Deductible and $1,500 OOP maximum, Of course, it isn't in effect till January 1, 2015, so I am sitting on pins and needles. I did start my 6 mo Supv diet with my PCP in June, so that will be done. Got my sleep study done this summer also, and am now on a C-pap. My BMI is right at 40, so once I get the 5 years of weight history from my OBGYN, I should be hitting the ground running January 2!!

Wow!!! That's amazing!! :) I'm kind of in the same boat too. I'm hanging out at a bmi of 40, makes me nervous my ins will deny me bc I have no co morbidities. And we change insurance at the beginning of the year...which if I have to wait, I start a different 3 month process. So nervous!!!!

I've been told i will need endoscopy that kc bariatric will do. Plus psych and nutritionist visit. Hope not to have to wait too long.