Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You know you've had WLS when ___________________ ! ! ! ^_^

You used to avoid looking in mirrors, now you can't stop staring at your reflection in not only mirrors, but windows as well, not because you're vain (well, maybe a little), but because you're shocked that smaller person is actually you!

When you look forward to wearing any clothes that are not black!

I try as well to buy some other colours but the thing is I just love black and white clothes!!!

So yesterday I broke the pattern a bit by buying a pale pink jacket for work...and also the black one in the same model from H&M (size 12, thank you very much! Down from 18 or 20 in some models).

The colours in my closet never really changed, I like black because it goes with anything and compliments my skin tone.

Other colours are red, beige, white, grey (50 shades lol), purple-plum, brown and pink. Only 1 green dress I bought because it's the only one that fit.

I don't wear light blue or yellow, navy blue is acceptable if it comes in polka dots or stripes with white.

I've got two new ones...

When your closet has more space than it has clothes. Did a major purge today -- I have a huge walk-in closet and I ended up with 6 trash bags of clothes off of two of the racks. Just gave up because I was tired... still have so much to go through.

When cold weather hits (like it did in NJ this weekend) and you have to go shopping immediately because the size 16 coat you bought last year hangs off you like a sack. Went to Kohls and bought a pretty new wool coat and one of the Columbia "interchange" jackets where you can wear the fleece liner, the shell or both together. Both jackets? SIZE SMALL!!!!!! From a tight extra large last winter to SMALLS???? OMG!

Life is good!

I've got two new ones...

When your closet has more space than it has clothes. Did a major purge today -- I have a huge walk-in closet and I ended up with 6 trash bags of clothes off of two of the racks. Just gave up because I was tired... still have so much to go through.

When cold weather hits (like it did in NJ this weekend) and you have to go shopping immediately because the size 16 coat you bought last year hangs off you like a sack. Went to Kohls and bought a pretty new wool coat and one of the Columbia "interchange" jackets where you can wear the fleece liner, the shell or both together. Both jackets? SIZE SMALL!!!!!! From a tight extra large last winter to SMALLS???? OMG!

Life is good!

That is so great! I am gonna have to find a winter coat!

Ginger yes! I have room in my empty closet too!

Here's another - You went through the stage of the empty closet as you lost weight, to now a full closet of size 8s and 10s - and absolutely everything in it is something you bought because it was cute! Not one thing in there that I bought because "it fit" and I needed something. Now I sometimes can't figure out what to wear because I have so many choices. Oh - and one more thing - it all fits! Nothing out of style, nothing ugly, and all in my size.

Your clothes stay on the hangers because the shoulders are a normal size.

You used to avoid looking in mirrors, now you can't stop staring at your reflection in not only mirrors, but windows as well, not because you're vain (well, maybe a little), but because you're shocked that smaller person is actually you!

So true! :unsure:

Here's another - You went through the stage of the empty closet as you lost weight, to now a full closet of size 8s and 10s - and absolutely everything in it is something you bought because it was cute! Not one thing in there that I bought because "it fit" and I needed something. Now I sometimes can't figure out what to wear because I have so many choices. Oh - and one more thing - it all fits! Nothing out of style, nothing ugly, and all in my size.

Looking forward to having a "my size". For now, I still shop mostly at Goodwill or Salvation Army for clothes in "my transitional size." Also have tons of extra space in the closet for when "my size" comes. Oh, and I bought a handful of new shirts last week to get me there in white, light blue, dark blue, bright red, and.....purple!!! B)

When you're buying pants every month or every other month because you're losing weight. Within the last 6 months I've brought jeans 3 times. And I don't mind because it makes me feel proud

Music1618 ____ i sure hope so december cant come,fast enough

when you are planning to go semi-topless at the nude beach you've been going to for three years.

I cant wait just for,this reason ... Come on december ... Then summer im ready for ya

Only 4 weeks post op, but you now never have to worry if the food on your plate will be enough to fill you up. It will always be too much, especially at restaurants.

Whenever you're swimming laps in the pool and you have to keep stopping to pull up your bathing suit bottoms.

this has been happening to me too. My favorite swim-attire is a swim skirt matched with a tankini top. But now I have had to switch to a one piece because every lap I have to figure out how to pull my skirt-piece back up and the top down and it's all a kerfuffle. I'm still self-conscious about the one piece but it's really nice not having all that drag on the tankini and it makes the swimming even more fun. that said, the one piece is also too big now and i'm just going to have to invest pretty soon in a new swim outfit. more power to you!