Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days Post Op and I feel like poo :( insight, please!

Hey all, I was just sleeved on Friday and I feel like garbage. Im tired constantly, cant get my fluids in (have gotten about 24 oz of Water a day) and only maybe 20 g of Protein. Anything more and I want to puke. I also had a Haital Hernia repair and I think thats whats causing this bad pain in my chest. That is the most annoying thing. :( That hurts everytime I swallow. I want so badly to be the good patient and do what Im told but I feel so awful right now and dont care if I get protein in. Ok I do care but I just feel so emotional about it.

Speaking of emotional, I feel like Im on the verge of tears constantly. Is all of this normal? Im so unhappy right now and wish get in my fluids and protein and be happy with this but Im not :(

I need some cheering up, any stories of similar tantrums and how you came out golden on the other side?? Sorry for the pity party, I just dont have anyone to vent to right now!

OK --- it gets better....much sooner than you think. First of all, the "bad pain in your chest" is GAS. You HAVE HAVE HAVE to walk it off --- it's the only thing that really helps. Try Gas X strips -- but honestly, they did nothing for me, the walking helped TREMENDOUSLY!!! Walk every two hours --at least! Walk during the night also. take small sips of Water constantly and think Protein first. By day 7 -- IF you follow my lead and walk walk walk, I guarantee you'll feel super great!!

WALK WALK WALK WALK WALK WALK WALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck, let us know how you're doing.

So sorry you feel crummy. Hang in there and remember that this is temporary. Just like the flu, something you have to get through but will feel better.

There does seem to be some magic around posting on here how bad you feel. Seems like every time I read a post like this, shortly after the person re-posts and says that they suddenly feel a lot better. A superstitious person would find a correlation between those completely unrelated things. Just sayin, you should probably listen to @@Comeflywithme, she's providing a lot saner advice than me. But I hope I at least made you smile. :-)

4 days post I was in same boat you are...now I'm 4 months post and 107 lbs lighter...GO SLOW, EAT SLOW, DRINK SLOW...it works stay strong

Trust it will get better…give you're self some time…because at the end of this will be a skinnier person with good health…stay strong tmrw will be better..hugs!!!

Hey all, I was just sleeved on Friday and I feel like garbage. Im tired constantly, cant get my fluids in (have gotten about 24 oz of Water a day) and only maybe 20 g of Protein. Anything more and I want to puke. I also had a Haital Hernia repair and I think thats whats causing this bad pain in my chest. That is the most annoying thing. :( That hurts everytime I swallow. I want so badly to be the good patient and do what Im told but I feel so awful right now and dont care if I get Protein in. Ok I do care but I just feel so emotional about it.

Speaking of emotional, I feel like Im on the verge of tears constantly. Is all of this normal? Im so unhappy right now and wish get in my fluids and protein and be happy with this but Im not :(

I need some cheering up, any stories of similar tantrums and how you came out golden on the other side?? Sorry for the pity party, I just dont have anyone to vent to right now!

Having your surgery on Friday means your body still is reacting to the anesthesia and trauma of surgery. The anesthesia alone will make you more emotional. I was in the hospital and the nurse was taking blood and I was bawling like a baby.

Try and sip as much Water as you can and walk, walk, walk as much as you can. Like someone else said--you have to get through this.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Kathleen

Edited by Katcloudshepherd

Oh honey- forsure... my first 5 days SUCKED - thought i was going to die... but i didnt LOL I am 8 months out and down 98 lbs (by 6 months i was down 90lbs) IT GETS BETTER!!!! these first week is hell... and no way did i get all my fluids or Protein in i think i might have been like 5 weeks before that even happen... I just tried to do a little more then the day before... even if it was only an oz

But take the advise of everyone above, Go slow, eat slow... but WALK WALK WALK... even if its to the end of the drive way, and the next day is to your neighbors house then the next day is to the next house... good luck!!

The chest pain ur having from the hietal hernia repair all them nerve endings have been cut is how my internists explained it to me. It lasted a lil over a wk for me. Yea u prbly had some gas also but the repair of the hernia I could barely sip Water every time I sipped it felt like a heart attack. I stayed an extra night so I could be hydrated from iv but by the second night I wanted to go home. My internists gave me a script for lidocaine liquid if I needed it. But he said be very careful taking it to make sure I put it way in back of throat before swallowing bc its all numbing. .u might want to ask dr about it if u feel u need it. I toughed it out..I'm 7 wks out now. Hang in there ull b good..:)

Posts such as the OP's scare me to death.

I just set the day to have my sleeve done, September 29th, and will also be having a repair of a hiatal hernia. I want to just forgetaboutitall. I have managed to lose 162 pounds without the surgery, but still have about 90-100 left to lose so wanted the extra help that a sleeve operation would give me - but I do not want to be posting regrets here or worse yet, be having regrets later on that I shouldn't have done it.

Just what makes everyone think this will get better. Everybody is different, and I understand encouraging the poster who made this post but nobody but God knows what is going to happen to someone else who is recovering, everybody is different. I do believe in encouragement and posting hope to others, but worries me is the lack of replies from those whose issues were not resolved in a week or two.

And not all who responded had a hernia repair done at the same time = that obviously does make recovery harder.

I also had surgery on Friday, that included a very large hiatal hernia. I have been a lot of pain also. Today was the first day that I feel like I got anything down and that was just a premier shake and it has taken me most the day. Still can't do Water but crave it constantly. Hang in there I can't tell mine is slowly getting better and yes walking is helping.

I had my surgery on Friday and I really don't feel well. I still feel hungry, I am currently sipping on organic Tomato Soup as well as some Jello here and there. Does this get any easier? I mean , I am losing some weight (down 10lbs) but I'm really craving the food. I thought that this was supposed to get rid of the hunger.

I also had a Hernia that they removed / repaired but like I said I'm still feeling hungry. I can't really drink too much Water or Protein or the Soup. I'm going nuts here, any suggestions?

Today is Day Seven post-op.

Doing great. Came home from hospital Day Two.

Day Three was my big WTF?! day. Got it all over with then.

Day Four felt great. Exercised a little on my elliptical.

Day Five did 3 loads of laundry, light housekeeping,

Day Six felt good too. Sloughed off ... napped a lot.

Day Seven (today) ... more laundry, walked with the dog for 15 minutes outside, and had a long afternoon nap.

Water drinking is great, Protein was up to 74 grams today (started at 29 grams on Day Two).

Am happy I took 2 weeks off. Getting stronger all the time.

Feet don't hurt, knees don't hurt, walking faster, smiling more, kissing hubby all the time. He's kissing me back. :)

Kiss yourselves.

Edited by VSGAnn2014