Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dreaded 3 week stall!

I have reached the stall everyone talks about. It's so frustrating. I hope it passes soon. Any secrets anyone has to hurry it up would be greatly appreciated!!

Check out the "Don't sweat the stall stuff" forum on here. Or do a search for stall. You will find hundreds of posts. But really, the easiest way to get over a stall is to stay off the scale.< /p>

It will pass! Just don't give up. Continue to follow your plan & take your measurements. You are probably losing inches even if the scale isn't moving. Unfortunately I don't think you can hurry it up:( your body has to adjust. Best of luck!!

Kindle thank you I will check it out. Still working my way around here!

Onlybroomegirl I definitely follow my plan to a tee. I guess I think I am done losing....crazy I know. My mind has to get used to the fact that I am gonna lose many more pounds. I have so much energy already, so that is the best part, for now :) thank you!

I had a really tough stall at 3 weeks and at 5 months. I mean REALLY frustrating. There is no solution except to keep doing what you're doing. Also, vary up what you eat. I'd eat some carbs but stay in my calorie range and it sometimes seems to boost my metabolism again. If only do that 1-2 days a week. But overall, I've lost 90 pounds (62 post op) in 5.5 months, even with stalls. I lost 28 pre op but I count it all. A year ago I weighed 325. Hard to believe. Just stay the course. You've got a great tool for success. Unfortunately, we have to be patient and wait for it. So dang frustrating though.

Wow crazyjaney that is great! I will try to add in a few more carbs just for a couple of days.......so weird not being able to eat but yet feels good at the same time! Thanks for your words of wisdom :)

I totally agree Ccr3. This can be very frustrating and disheartening . Especially if your like me and you really can't stay off of the scale it will drive you crazy. I continued eating well and tried to walk as much as possible to break my stall. Finally! The scale moved again and I dropped like 5 lbs in 1-2 days. A win in my book. Wishing much success to you all during this journey.

Edited by Sumthin4Me

I too am at a 3 week stall... dropped 18 pounds post surgery and now the scale hasn't moved for a week!

I know it will, it's just frustrating.

Me too. I was going to ask this question today. I lost 20 lbs post op and then have lost nothing this past week. I think Im doing everything right. I'm on week 3 too.

I hit a stall also in between week 2 and 3. For 6 miserable days I didn't lose a pound. Now I'm finally noticing a slight loss. Very frustrating when you're barely taking in any calories but I'm trying to hang in there and be positive. The way I look at it is I can't possibly NOT lose weight with the healthy food I'm eating now and so little of it!

I have reached the stall everyone talks about. It's so frustrating. I hope it passes soon. Any secrets anyone has to hurry it up would be greatly appreciated!!

My recommendation is not to focus on a 3 week stall because there will be more stalls. The weight won't fly out there somewhere. When the scale did not move my clothes were falling off. Focus on your plan, Protein, meals, exercise. Stalls are a waste of time and energy to worry about. They come and they go. Best wishes. Linda

My recommendation is not to focus on a 3 week stall because there will be more stalls. The weight won't fly out there somewhere. When the scale did not move my clothes were falling off. Focus on your plan, Protein, meals, exercise. Stalls are a waste of time and energy to worry about. They come and they go. Best wishes. Linda

*LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE*

Well I just updated my ticker!!! I am just 3 pounds short of being 1/3 of the way to my GOAL! Just 5 1/2 weeks out from surgery! So I have learned my lesson don't sweat the stalls, they too shall pass.