Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh cool not far from me I am in Fall River !!! I biggest fear is not losing the weight and also Ivan such a picky eater , so finding things i like and will be able to eat. I am to the point I don't like my self at all it don't want to go out anywhere or to birthday parties , weddings or even just hang out with friends unfortunately i do have to leave to work lol

Oh cool not far from me I am in Fall River !!! I biggest fear is not losing the weight and also Ivan such a picky eater , so finding things i like and will be able to eat. I am to the point I don't like my self at all it don't want to go out anywhere or to birthday parties , weddings or even just hang out with friends unfortunately i do have to leave to work lol

I was never a picky eater before. I was a sugar/carb addict. I'm surprised that my health isn't worse considering all the years of bad eating. I have become a very picky eater since my surgery, which I look at as a good thing. In the first 4-6 weeks following surgery eating can be difficult, not just because you need to eat less and more slowly, but also because nothing tastes right. I would make something for myself, take a bite or two, and blah! I'd have to force myself to finish enough to get my Protein. Eventually your sense of taste returns to something close to normal. It's actually a wonderful feeling to know I'm now controlling what I eat and not the other way around. My nut says to become a gourmet. I eat good quality, flavorful food but in small quantities (like miniscule gourmet portions! Lol).

We get a good foundation of education and support. As long as we follow the guidelines for success they give us we WILL be successful. Try to make lifestyle changes that are permanent.

If you're in the workshop stage are you looking at surgery in Sept/Oct? Just think... next summer you could be half the person you are today!

Hi i had my surgery out of Brockton i live in attleboro so it would be about the distance for you AMAZING TEAM!! It didnt cost me anything look them up signature healthcare i highly recommend them

Well in October is my nurse appt and my pulmonary appt (oct 3) both the same day so I am guessing after that it will be sent out for approval so I hope mid to late October surgery! Depending on how long it takes ins to approve...I Am thinking maybe calling and se if they can give me am earlier appt since I have classes in sept

Well in October is my nurse appt and my pulmonary appt (oct 3) both the same day so I am guessing after that it will be sent out for approval so I hope mid to late October surgery! Depending on how long it takes ins to approve...I Am thinking maybe calling and se if they can give me am earlier appt since I have classes in sept

Definitely call and talk to your coordinator. They should be able to give you a good idea of what time frame you're looking at. :-)

How do I know who that is?

I had a coordinator, I don't remember her name. Just call and ask. She'll be the one who makes sure you've met all the requirements before they schedule. She'll also be the one who you can ask about insurance approval, once it's submitted. I had BCBSRI. I got insurance approval in less than a week. They try to make sure you've met everything your particular insurance requires before submission. They have quite a good system at Wareham...

Def going to give them a call first thing in the morning, curious what kind of foods did u eat in the begging and how long did u stay in the hospital? Sorry for so many questions, I just have so many

Edited by jenn2752781

I went into the hospital at 7:30am, had my surgery at 9:30am, was in my room by 1:30pm, and went home the following evening at 8pm. They won't let you leave until you are drinking Clear liquids with no problem, peeing, and walking. Your pain level must be managed - I was fine regarding the pain but my room mate was a drama queen who moaned, cried, and screamed a lot. It was very clear that it was an attention-getting ploy because when her doctor told her he couldn't release her due to the amount of pain she was in, she instantly changed her tune and made a miraculous recovery! Lol

After the fourth day I didn't need pain meds during the day, and after 7 days I stopped taking them at night too. Gas pain (from the air they put in you during the surgery) can be uncomfortable for a few days but walking around relieves it. Once home, I was on full liquids (smooth yogurt, cream Soups, sf pudding, Protein shakes). At my one week follow-up I was cleared to drive (they just want to make sure you're off the narcotics) and they gave the okay to go to pureed food. At two weeks I went to soft, mushy foods (anything that mashes easily with a fork).

They will very clearly and in much detail let you know exactly what you can and can't do, and what you can and can't have, and why. And you have access to nurses, dieticians, and a surgeon 24/7 by phone (or in person if necessary). They are very thorough. Their goal is your absolute recovery and success. :-)

Wow so it's almost two days ur in there...ugh hope I don't have a roomate like that. As I keep learning more and more I am getting more excited!!! How far along in ur journey are u?

I am in Fall River also. I think that they send your insurance kind if a pre approval to make sure it covers before they set up the workshops. You can also call your insurance company to see exactly what they cover. Thats what I did before I even started the process

I actually just called my ins to find out what exclusions and talked to someone at the program and she assured me that my ins is easy to work with!!!

Wow so it's almost two days ur in there...ugh hope I don't have a roomate like that. As I keep learning more and more I am getting more excited!!! How far along in ur journey are u?

I had my surgery on 5/30/13 - about 15 months ago. :-)

I am in Fall River also. I think that they send your insurance kind if a pre approval to make sure it covers before they set up the workshops. You can also call your insurance company to see exactly what they cover. Thats what I did before I even started the process

I printed out my insurance requirements beforehand too. I definitely qualified. Wareham was great up front about whether they thought I would meet all the requirements. The things I was worried about actually helped me qualify. You can't help but worry, though. No regrets at this point! Good luck to you! :-)

The doctor in wareham said I would benefit from the surgery I go tomorrow for my last pych appt. CHARMED did u have surgery?