Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

I am happy you are doing so well after the fall. Can you tell me your average meals and calories for a day? I am stuck it seems.

@peekboo. I am stuck as well. My weight has stayed exactly the same weight to the ounce for about one month now. My jean size has just gone done though so I think my body is just resetting again. I sure do hope! I'm not ready to be done losing! I am thinking about hVing some blood work done soon. I am VERY lethargic and I'm not sure why. Is anyone else experiencing this? I am doing sublingual B-12 and taking a Multivitamin. I am also very dizzy when I get up quickly. That's happening more often than it used to.

Any recommendations are welcomed!

@@Meonthelist

I have had a lot of energy. I had labs at 4 month and they came back very good. My Vitamin D level and my Vitamin B12 were very high. I will have labs again at the end of June to see how things are doing I was a little bit of me Nick but not very much so and I am taking Iron tablets now. I am starting a new workout regime at the gym so hopefully that will help it starts on Monday good luck and keep me posted.

I have noticed if I eat a high amount of carbs at one time say for instance a donut smile. I tend to have something like a drop in my blood sugar where I feel very dizzy and sweaty for a few moment I'm not sure why that is happening I guess maybe I shouldn't eat donuts. Has anyone else had this issue if so let me know thanks.

@@10 28 2014 . 1lb a week at this stage is good. Very happy for you & thanks for checking in

@Meonthelist. Like peek, I have lots of energy too. Please get that ck'd out. Could be Iron level, thyroid, etc. I have also dropped a dress size, even though I have barely lost any weight. However, this week I finally lost 2lbs. I've Been stalled for almost two months!

@@Peekboo, what you described was dumping. I experience that too when I eat high carbs or too much sugar, or both-lol. It goes away fairly quickly though.

I am happy you are doing so well after the fall. Can you tell me your average meals and calories for a day? I am stuck it seems.

I have never been good at tracking, calories, etc., but here is my typical day:

Breakfast: Quest Bar (filling and the Fiber really really helps me)

Lunch: Quiche (minus the crust) or leftover meat from dinner

Dinner: some sort of meat I have made my family - Half of a grilled cheeseburger patty, grilled Italian sausage link, small portion of grilled chicken, steak, pot roast, etc. and typically a tiny portion of whatever carb I served (I can't go no carb!).

Snack: cheese stick, hummus with a few pretzel chips, a few cups of popcorn, a small portion of nuts, frozen yogurt...

I won't lie, I'm not a veggie fan so I really don't eat any.

Lol, I don't like dumping.

I had my surgery in October 2014 and live in New Jersey. Doing good but on a plateau now. Haven't really gotten into an exercise routine. I know that would probably help a lot. Still drinking Protein Shakes but wonder if it's still necessary. Anyone out there still drinking Protein.

I've reached my goal six weeks ago and have been maintaining fairly well. I did get 5 pounds under goal, so I've been working at increasing my calories. I have a Protein shake every morning for Breakfast. My other 2 meals consist mainly of fish (tuna, salmon, tilapia), fresh vegetables (tomatoes, cucumber, spinach),and occasionally fruit (strawberries, mango, peaches).

I have completely cut out starch and carbohydrate rich food out of my diet completely. I haven't had any bread, rice, potatoes, Cereal, crackers, or Pasta since last September. It's not something I really miss or crave all that much. My exercise has been hiking or walking for an hour or more each day.

There are a few small treats I eat once a week. Its usually a sucker or toasted marshmallows. Do you allow yourself any small treats every now or then?

@@lauriedunn1, haven't had a Protein Shake since 2 months post-op. My doctor wanted me to get the calories from food. Just came back from New Jersey last night. Everyone was so nice there.

@@WL WARRIOR, you are a Rock star! Congrats on reaching goal! I know carbs are my issue. Came back from a three day weekend where I ate very few carbs and dropped two pounds! I'll take it!!

I still do the Protein Shakes (they are covered by my insurance) as well as high Protein foods. I've read that when working out you should shoot for your daily grams of protein to equal your goal weight. I get a minimum of at least 100 grams a day and up to 170 grams per day. I've been working out hard trying to build as much lean muscle and burn off as much fat as I can, doing high intensity cardio and heavy high intensity weight training. I've lost 80 pounds since surgery, I know it would be more without the intense weight training, but I know the lean muscle will help me in many ways. My doctor is very happy with my results so far and my labs are awesome. I don't have a specific goal weight since that depends heavily on the amount of lean muscle I have. I'm 5'10" with a large frame/body type. I'm happy to hear everyone is doing so well and interested in chatting further in depth with anyone that's also including high intensity cardio and weight training in their journey.

@@lauriedunn1, I usually have a Quest Protein Bar a day (21g) and delish!

I also have 80 cal lite n fit Dannon Greek yogurt (12g) Protein, a babybel cheese snack & turkey Jerky (16g) and lunch is usually chicken, turkey or steak which meats can be high in protein. Talapia is very high in protein. Etc. I usually have no problems getting in 80-100grams a day and my calories are about 1200 a day.

I didn't mind the vanilla Protein Shakes from premier but I didn't love them either. I much prefer to eat my calories then drink it. But in your case, since it sounds like it would be hard to eat them, get the protein how you can. That's the most important thing.

Edited by Kathy812