Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

@@aSleeveStory, I had to look at your stats twice to make sure you had the gastric sleeve and not the bypass, lol. You have had tremendous success congratulations.

Unfortunately, I cannot offer any suggestions as to why you gain weight when you travel. Maybe ask your bariatric team for suggestions?

I had taken a month off from working out, not proud of it but I paid for it. I lost 2 pounds this last month. I lost 49% of excess my weight( I was below the goal set by my exercise physiologist) for my six month follow up .

The good news is I started working out again today and had a great workout. I will continue to do this at least three or four times a week. I've made a promise to myself. I can't come this far and slack off.

Continued success to everyone!

Kathy, did you know you are considered a success by insurance if you lose 50% or more of your excess weight? Almost there! Keep working out and keep up the great work! I've been slacking on working out too lately; I'm just so busy! We have to remember to make time for ourselves though, even though it's hard.

@@SimplySue

Our stats are pretty similiar. I started out a little higher but I think my weight loss at my 6 month check up last week was 55.8%. :)

@@aSleeveStory You could be taking in more salt when you travel by eating out at restaurants more plus air & auto travel can cause some swelling in your legs.

@stepph how are you doing?

@@aSleeveStory You could be taking in more salt when you travel by eating out at restaurants more plus air & auto travel can cause some swelling in your legs.

@stepph how are you doing?

I'm doing great, thanks! So very happy I made the decision to change my life like this. I'm much more confident and feel a lot more comfortable with myself.

I starting running in December, which I'm loving. Plus, I get to buy cute workout clothes/bags/shoes/accessories ;)

At my sixth month checkup, all of my lab work looked good! I was nervous because I wasn't taking the recommended Calcium supplements (they made me gassy and my mother/grandmother have high Calcium levels) and mine turned out to be high normal. *Big sigh of relief*. The PA I saw was super impressed with my weight loss; I was about at 78% loss of excess weight that day. I'm currently wearing mediums *gasp* and size 10s *GASP*. This is so weirdly hard to get used to for me! I accidentally bought an x-large shirt last week without thinking (I wore a 1x/2x before surgery, but was in denial about that too haha). I still have a little less then 30 pounds to go, but honestly I would be OK with never losing another pound.

I was sleeved on 10/20, and I am down 50pounds, since surgery. My current weight is 230, and I am 5'11. I have started running. I joined the group cubicle to 5k. I run in intervals. I am currently at run 1 min, walk 30 seconds. I can do a lil over a 13 min mile. I have so much energy now. I am wearing a size 14/16.

I have stopped tracking my food, and realize that is my issue so started back today, I know I have not been getting enough Protein in so working on consciously improving intake. I have also sucked at the Vitamins. I know I know....I have always been horrible with medicine,

I have no idea what my final goal is but I do know I want to be under 200 pounds.

I do wish I can see myself the way others do, I still see the fat girl. My running coach thought I was an athlete....lol! My boyfriend says my legs are muscular and those of an athlete, he said he would have wanted my legs when he played football.....I stare at myself and just can't see what they see.....I know there is a difference because all of my old clothes no longer fit. I just don't know how to get over this hurdle.

Very proud of everyone's success!

I finally made it under 180! Just under, but it's a good motivator. I have been in the 180s for over 2 months. The nutritionist told me to add more calories on the days I workout and I think it worked.

Everyone here seems to be doing great. I must admit that during my slow loss, I was getting more carbs than I should. We can do this!

@@Peekboo I am sincerely happy for you. Our struggles have paralleled. I am trying to get to under 180 as well. You are right, carbs do play a factor.

Peek how often do you work out & what type of workout do you do?

@@kathy,I have been working out 3 times a week. I do Water aerobics and body pump. I do the body pump more often because im so cold after the water class. The nutritionist told me that the body pump is great for building muscle and that I may be losing but gaining muscle. She said to definitely stay as much under 50 grams of carbs a day and do more treadmill or elliptical to lose a bit faster. I will try it this week. Keep me posted.

@@Peekboo, I never heard of body pump, will have to google that one.

Has your hair stopped shedding?

@@kathy, my hair never shed very much, maybe a few weeks of minimal shedding. I take the ha, skim and nails Vitamin s by Andrew Lessman at HSN. I have taken them for a few years. I think they helped but can't say for sure. The body pump class is lifting light weights for a lot of repetitions. I love it :-)

Kathy, that was hair, skin, and nails Vitamins.< /p>

@@stephh -Wow!! Sounds like your doing awesome!!! 78% is phenomenal & running too. What an inspiration.

Just checking in. Few more pounds down since last posts. 7-8 day stalls are the norm for me now, but my waist has shrunk more, so something is still happening. I do t sweat the scale, I know I'll get there eventually.

Preparing for a major move has me somewhat stressed, but I'm unwavering in my food intake -- full steam ahead.

Side note: my hair has been thining, slowly, since my late 20s... I did notice an acceleration around 3-4 weeks post surgery, but I took extra Biotin a few times a week, and just today I caught myself in the mirror and realized I had thicker hair. Can't say it's worked wonders, but whatever I lost from surgery is likely coming back already. I plan to keep up with the Biotin until at least one year post-op. It's been a loose regiment. I just make sure I take it at least twice a week, sometimes 3.

Hi Everyone!

Just touching base, which I have been really bad about! How is everyone doing?

I'm still moving along slowly, but surely at this point - about 1 lb. a week. I'll take it though!! I have not been able to exercise at all since I broke my leg in January and I'm lucky enough to just be able to walk without the boot, crutches, etc. at this point. Extremely thankful that I had surgery and lost a chunk of weight before I fell or I would have probably gained 50 lbs. laying around for two months.

I only weigh myself around once a week now, which seems to work better for my psyche now that things have slowed down. I'm shooting for 21 more lbs. to get to 150, but will be happy if I land anywhere in between. I am wearing a size 10 and I'm not sure I have ever been a size 10 before. EVER!! Just being able to shop in regular stores makes all of the past several months worth it!!

I hope everyone is feeling great and keep up the good work!