Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Chellede, I know we will succeed. There are no ifs ands or buts about it! The thought has honestly crossed my mind too though. However, my mom just went through this journey, and has been very successful. I think she has her before and after pictures on here. MichiganChic is her screen name. I think because I have had someone so close to me do so well, it takes away some of the scary "this isn't going to work either" thoughts.

As far as the Facebook group, I wouldn't mind being one of the starting few. I was not secretive about my weight loss surgery, so if something goes wrong and it's not private, it's not a huge deal to me.

Peek, so glad your ticker is working! I'll have to check it out when I get home today!

I'm at my one week appointment today. So far I've meet with the dietician and the nurse, and waiting to see the NP. I'll let you know how it goes!

Good luck to everyone having their surgery today!

Hey girls I am in Houston as well (clear lake area). I had my surgery on Oct 13th!

I'm on the other side in The Woodlands. :D :D

Well I didn't listen and weighed today. Gained two pounds LOL. I'm not going to let it get me down. In fact I'm laughing at it. I drank a 32oz bottle of gatorade last night. I'm sure it shocked my body. Also I think TOM is on it's way in a few days.. or it should be. And I know that 1 gallon of Water = 8 lbs soo ... I just keep remembering, no matter what the scales say, it will come off !! I"m going to have to attitude to just look at the scale and say "Yeah? You think that's right.. well you're gown DOWN on my watch" LOL

Someone did start a FB page. It's private and by invite only. The posts show up on your own page but nobody else can see them.

I saw that Karen ! The thing that bothers me is they named it October Sleevers ... if you want privacy why name it something like that LOL I don't trust that the name of the group can't be seen by anyone.

I had my hubby and aunt check from theirs and they couldn't see anything about it on my wall or groups....

Everyone

In my first week post op, I made home chicken noodle Soup and just strained it and had the broth. Three different times to be exact. I was so excited for something homey and satisfying. Well, the next day I had gained 2 pounds. I think it was the sodium. So be awhere of sodium. I just drank more fluids that day as well as my Protein Drinks and the weight came off.

Im just saying this because it could and probably will happen to us all.

Keep up the good work and stay strong and positive.

Karen, I'm wondering about the activity ticker when you first join.

Thanks Peek! Good words !!! I really can't go by the scale. I still feel that "Shrinking" feeling. If you know what I mean.

I <3 the shrinking feeling.

Dying to know about this shrinking feeling. I'm down 12.6 lbs since surgery (18+ total) and honestly my clothes don't feel looser. That seems unfathomable to me!

And yes, watch out for sodium! It's in gatorade and Powerade and all of those sports drinks and definitely in Soup if you're not making your own broth from scratch and using something from a box or can.

Rmspencer

For me the shrinking feeling happen with my rings falling off or being too loose to wear them on the normal fingers. My shoes also seem loose. My abdominal area was very swollen and still is a bit. I did notice thst my dress lacks are looser in the thigh area.

For me, I just feel lighter on my feet. I can also sit and feel like it's getting smaller. But then again, maybe I'm a freak. Because when I gained 50lbs in 3 months, I could also feel the fat growing on me. It was soon gross. And I wasn't able to do anything about it.

@@chellede @@Peekboo I can cross my legs which is pretty fab for me :) Although I have this crazy fat tire around my lower abdomen/waist that needs to go away STAT because I hate that lump when I wear dresses.

Rmspencer, I can assure you :-) the spare tire will be the last to go flat, lol. Our laugh for the day! That tire likes it right where it is, lol.

I had one week followup today. I have lost 12 pounds in one week. I can now add cream Soups and yogurts to my diet and I start my vitiams today... So excited!!!

I like the idea of fb group. As I got closer to my surgery date I let people know and the day before surgery I posted on my fb status that I was having the surgery.