Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Week from today and we're on to puree...Yay!

Surgery is tomorrow!!! One more day of work to go. I haven't gotten my arrival time call yet, but at my last appointment I was told to expect to go first around 7:30 or so and be at the hospital around 5-5:30 am. I have to remember to do the preop scrub tonight with the special wipes and repeat in the morning. Oh and to finish packing my bag for my overnight stay.

As the actual day approaches, I'm not really nervous about it anymore. I did learn that my son was pretty nervous. (I'm a single mom with 2 boys - an 8 yr old and a 9 yr old) Yesterday I picked them up from their after school program. As we were walking out of the school I said "I have a 6:30 appt to go to so we need to hurry. You guys can stay home if you want, I shouldn't be long." My oldest son stopped dead in his tracks and turned around and hugged me. I practically tripped over him! Lol. He tried to play it off, but I caught a look of concern on his face. I asked him about it and he admitted he was kind of scared. I told him I would be fine and he can come see me right after school and do homework with me before he goes to football practice. I have had surgeries before, but I don't think any required me to stay overnight (possibly my hysterectomy, but I don't remember). I will have to reassure him again today. I don't want to wake them up super early in the morning before I go, but I think I might need to so he can at least see me and feel ok at school. I have arranged for my mom to stay at my house overnight and keep their normal schedule and routine going. She'll be dropping me off at the hospital and then taking them to school. I promised him I would be home Friday night and be there for their football games on Saturday. He such a great kid :) Oh and my youngest could apparently care less, he is such a typical boy! Lol!

Best wishes and prayers for those going this week!! To my surgery buddies - see you soon on the post op side!! I'll be starting a thread over there tomorrow to let everyone know how it went for me and see how things went for you.

Thank you all for your support and prayers, I had my sleeve done yesterday at 10:20, they also repaired a hiatal hernia I did not know I had. I was super drugged up yesterday. I got up by myself and walked the entire floor yesterday and am getting around great today. I'm having an upper GI with contrast this morning to double check for leaks then I get to have my clear liquid Breakfast tray. I hope all you ladies and gentlemen are doing great. Can't wait to be healed up and gym-worthy.

So I'm 9 days post-op and I feel like I'm hitting my first plateau. For the past two days I've barely lost a pound each day and I'm still experiencing residual pain around my incisions/abdominal muscle area.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Peek!- Did you get your ticket to work? I'm on my iPhone and they don't show up anyway. And I TOTALLY agree; this is an AWESOME group!

KimR- Whoot, Whoot! 11 pounds!! How does it feel to know they are never, ever coming back?! Also, can I come over for some delicious Soup? I promise I don't eat much haha =)

Chellede!- You are a strong woman! I promised I wouldn't weigh myself everyday, but here I am, weighing everyday. How is your allergic reaction doing? Was it to whatever glue your dr used? You might be nearing the first stall... I know for most it hits at 3 weeks, but some people I've seen on here get it much earlier. Are you counting calories? I know there is no way I can eat a whole cup of soup right now. I can only eat about 2 oz still lol. And it takes forever and a day! I know different Drs have different diet plans though. I'm 100% sure if you are sticking to whatever your plan is, you will lose the weight you want =)

Jen- Good luck tomorrow! I know you will do great!

Deb- Super glad your surgery went well!

RM- I'm also 9 days out and experiencing the same things. My weight loss this morning was only (LOL) 0.9 pounds. It's just funny for me because before when I was on a diet, I would be extremely happy with that loss for an entire week! We are getting closer and closer to the 3 week stall. That's the only thing I can thing of. We just need to keep doing our plans and *try* super hard not to get frustrated! My incisions also still are sore, especially when I stand up or bend down. My mom and friend both said their incision pain lasted about a month. I go for my post op appointment tomorrow- I will ask about it and report back!

Does anyone else think their food tastes like CRAP?! I drink a little diluted 100% fruit juice to keep my energy levels up. I loved every kind of juice before surgery, especially white grape. Now, I have to make myself drink it! Also, strained cream of mushroom soup is now the bain of my existence!

@@stephh Thanks! I'm living on Water, plain yogurt, ricotta cheese and my oh so gross Protein Shakes which I can barely tolerate. I'm DYING for something savory.

Oh, and lovely, I haven't seen you post anything, or I missed it, but I hope you're having a great day!

I would kill for some ricotta cheese right now! Or some yogurt! I can't have either until I'm 17 days out. I get the ricotta cheese, but I think yogurt has the same consistency as pudding, which I can have.

Oh! And if you can eat creamy Soups, I would recommend Campbell's cheddar cheese. I know it sounds gross, but I had some last night and it was pretty good. It's high in calories though, but if you can still only eat 2 ounces like I can, I would totally get some.

Edited by stephh

Hey y'all, I have been off and on sleep today lol. How is everyone doing? I'm having a good day so far. I'm about to get up and have some

strawberry unjury

Which is pretty good with crystal light lemonade.

@@stephh that's really surprising to me! Ricotta was added to my diet on day 5 along with yogurt. I have the 0% Fage plain and I add just a little honey so it's not so bland and it goes down really well.

I'm on creamy Soup too and I love butternut squash.

Lovely, that sounds amazing! Like strawberry lemonade!

RM- it's so weird how each surgeon's plan is different!

So, at the beginning of next month after all October sleevers are sleeved, are we moving to a post surgery forum? i am one week out today and feeling good. One more week and then on to mush, off of just liquids. Enjoying the journey, feeling good and more energy,

Or we could do a Facebook group?

Or we could do a Facebook group?

I'd prefer to keep the group on this. I'm not publicly sharing that I had this surgery. A few select friends and family know from my end and I don't want all of my social media to be aware. But that's just my opinion and I'm new here.

Good morning!

RE: Facebook group: I would rather keep it here, as well, for the reasons others mentioned.

RE: the scale. I really want to encourage those who are checking the scale daily and are worrying about what looks like a stall to STOP weighing every day.

Personally, weighing-in is stressful. If I start the day on the scale and I don't like the progress it can leave me feeling defeated the rest of the day, which makes me feel sad or anxious. This is how we used to live. I'm not interested in that kind of stress.

Once a week is good enough for me. We need to remember to keep track of the big picture or end goal. I imagine all the people who post their before and after pictures after 1 year experienced the same thing we are now or will in the future experience.

It seems to me that if we "do the plan" well and don't mess with it, we will lose weight. How much and how fast, well, it's different for everyone. What if instead of looking at the scale for feedback, we looked at our food diaries and celebrated every day we stuck to the plan. In the long run that is what is going to get and keep the weight off.

The weight I have lost since surgery is already making an impact on my life. I feel better, I am sleeping better, and I move around better. My blood pressure is down. This is what I am choosing to focus on and it is a lot more fun.

Have a wonderful day!

K