Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

@@peek, I think 10 lbs is great in two weeks! I just told my husband when I go Friday for one week post op, I'll be happy if I have a 5lb weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Okay just got my times...I have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 7:30 am and surgery should be between 9:30 and 10. I am sooooo nervous. I'm worried that since my BMI is over 50 I will have complications.... I've had many surgeries and have never been this nervous. Amazingly though, the one person in my life that I thought would be the least supportive has stepped up and has been amazing. I hate to ask but I have 2 requests...can I get some words of encouragement and maybe a funny one liner for a smile. Sorry that I'm rambling...nerves.

How great to find support where you didn't expect it- a definite good sign. I was so nervous as this was the 1st surgery I'd ever had! But we have all come out on the other side & this is what they do- they do anesthesia & surgery on obese people all the time , will be sending you good thoughts.

& for the joke...

Knock, knock, who's there?

????

????

???? u glad I didn't say ?????

& Lovely, glad you're feeling better.

Thank you all soooooo much for the good wishes and encouragement. Wishing every one of you good, good health. Your support means so much to me. I'll say good night as I start my journey to onederland.

And just to reciprocate for the one liner smiles....

The past, present and future walked into a bar.....Man, it was tense

I went and looked at before and after pics in the post op sleeve forum section. Really inspiring. :)

I LOVE before and after pics!!!! I can't wait to post mine up there =)

@@Vsglady

You got this! Praying for you. I am 1 week post op and off blood pressure medication :)

This an awesome group! :-)

I added my ticker but it isnt showing :(. Back to the drawing board :-)

Have a good night VSGlady.Rest well.

Just found out 10/28 for me!!

Hello,

I have been reading everything as it comes in but have not been good about writing. I can't figure out how to write from my Android app and I've stayed away from the laptop to keep from working. :-)

Anyway, just wanted to say thing to all who are posting. You guys really made a difference when I was freaking out before surgery. If you are new to the forum and haven't yet had surgery try not to freak out. It was sooooo much easier than I thought it would be.

I had surgery on Monday last (10/13). The only pain I had was on the same day as the surgery and it was gas pain. I haven't had pain from the incisions. I did have some nausea but I was prescribed a motion sickness patch (who knew???) which helped immediately.

Like others I am working hard to get all of the liquids in every day. Unlike others I am kind okay with New whey. The lady at the Vitamin store told me that people either like them or hated them. I think they taste like melted Jolly Ranchers. I have been able to drink them without watering them down but I treat it kind of like medicine. I drink 1 oz (10 gr protein) 5 times a day, then get the remain Protein from Soup and yogurt. It's working for me now.

I had my post-op appointment with the surgeon today. Lost 11 lbs since surgery. Quite shocking! He checked everything and ordered blood work and all of that was normal.

My favorite things so far: 1) 1 oz of anything fills me up. 2) sugar free popsicles. 3) My favorite jammies are no longer tight. 4) I am not hungry. 5) I am not feeling deprived and am not cranky. Also, my awesome husband has found ways to doctor up the strained cream Soups brilliantly. I don't think he has made them the same way twice. I can't finish 4 oz in even an hour, but who knew I would get so excited about watered down Soup. :-)

I don't really have any complaints other than I don't have as much energy and I run out of energy completely by about dinner time. I am sleeping well, though. That's a plus.

I have a question for folks who are further down the road. I have been religious about taking 1 oz of liquid every 15 minutes thing. It seems to be working but it sort of feels like I am held captive to my clock, in the living room, binge-watching seasons of TV shows I have never seen.

Today I noticed that I am not quite "sipping" anymore. I am able to take twice as much liquid in the same amount of time. Cool, but I am wondering if that is bad for the sleeve. I am not having any pain or anything. Anyone having this experience?

Well, this was long. Sorry.

For those of you still waiting to have surgery, seriously, keep yourself busy so you don't obsess about the surgery. Even the folks I know who have had more challenging experiences with the surgery did better than the dark scenarios I conjured up in my brain before surgery.

Blessings to you all,

K

Hey Everyone ! Sounds like a really great day on the board ! For me I learned today I need to get rid of the scale and not weigh everyday (It's always a bad habit of mine). I liquified a Soup last night, had a cup, and today I didn't lose but .1 pounds. I can't believe I"m letting a soup get to me ! Now I'm questioning everything I'm doing. I know we all know that feeling because we have been on a million diets and that's how we get ! Now I"m wondering if I should just go back to the 30ccs every 15 minutes. Gawd that seems boring. Right now I'm doing 5 small meals a day. Today I had a Jello for Breakfast, literally a cup size of soup for lunch, a Protein shake which is 16oz (2 cups) , and a cup of soup this evening. Maybe I"ll have a Jello or pudding tonight. Do you guys think that is bad? Should I call my doctor tomorrow and see if I"m eating right? ... AHHH.. I"m losing it ! Someone told me it was probably Water weight from the sodium. Isn't it silly how our minds go to the worst !! grrr.. stupid

I also learned that all my rash on all my incisions are an allergic reaction and somewhat are responding to the benedryl I took last night and the benedryl cream. They make my stomach itch where there isn't even a rash ! I did some searching on this board and there's a post about every couple of months about this happening. So I"m sure it's something in my weird chemical makeup ... haha.. y'all know I"m weird and quirky :P

Other than that.. I got almost a 2 mile walk in today and spent the time hanging with my friend and letting our dogs play together. It was nice.

Have a good evening and VSG... girl you'll do fine ! We are all so excited for you.

OOH... Peek has it right.. This is an awesome group !

Lovely - So glad your blood pressure is great and you’re feeling better !! And a good convo about your fluids/proteins. Sounds like a pretty good productive day !

Steph - Thanks for the heads up on the Protein waters !!!! Sorry you had to learn the hard way :( And I had the same pre op diet too. I’m a week out and down 12 1/2 pounds. I’m thinking Water, old stomach. But also fat. I feel better and I feel a little smaller….

Peek - YES !! Congrats !!! 10lbs !!!! Keep at it ! … now your blood pressure.. First congrats on not having to take blood pressure medication… but isn’t that’s a little too low of a number (in my opinion)… especially if you’re hydrated. Please keep checking and posting ! Congrats on the 10lbs !!! I’m so happy for you !

Tardis - My opinion would not to have a candy, but maybe make a sweet protein ice cream to replace the need for candy. or maybe get some plain yogurt, add in sugar free butterscotch and have a sweet pudding that helps.

VSG - YES !! You got your times ! Don’t worry about tomorrow. Peek is right, we haven’t lost one yet, and we are not about to ! Best thing to do is breath and know that you will come out of it fine. Oooh wait.. don’t look at me and think “Sure Chelle, how do YOU know” … well we do know.. This is the best decision of your life !!!! And there will be no doubts about it !

One liner? okay lady :P A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Now just enjoy the experience. Not with fear but a nice calmness. Talk to the people, appreciate that they are there for you, and then before you know it, you will be awake and in your room :) You got this you tough little VSG Lady :P

Jenn - Oh man, sorry about your dog ! Glad you’re doing well and getting back energy !!

Susan - I think the admins move our thread to keep things organized. Which is nice !

Sue - LOL @ your joke and icons. You’re hilarious !

Kim... that is my question too.. I finally couldn't do that sip thing and just stick to 5 small meals a day and a rate that makes my sleeve feel good. Listen I'm going to call my surgeon's nurse and ask her tomorrow. I'll let you know what she says !

My surgery is Thursday and I'm trying to keep my mind off it. I love reading all your posts! It keeps me positive and reminds me that in a month I'll be almost back to normal only a better version! ????

Here's a joke for you: what did one snowman say to another snowman?

Do you smell carrots?

@@chellede - I've been doing 2 8 oz Protein Shakes & 3 small "meals" daily on the purée plan- tuna w a bit of mayo, scrambled egg, 1/4-1/2 vp cottage cheese, 1/4-1/2 cp soup...goal=60-75 gms Protein per day

Edited by SimplySue