Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Athomas, I havent tried the New Whey Liquid Protein but it sounds yucky. I have tried the plain powered whey in and hate that too :-)

It tasted good but it did not agree with me..

Has anyone tried the New Whey liquid Protien ? If so how did you do with it? I had my sleeve done on the 16th I have doing pretty good with everything thing until today. When I tried the liquid protein... It did not agree with me at all.

You must I mean MUST dilute it. It's too much for our sleeves. My Dr gave me that tip.

I went back to work today. I'm in customer service so on the phone and typing all day. Did fairly well until about 4:30 when my shoulders got real tense and I got sleepy. My co-workers said I hit my wall. Think I'll sleep great tonight!

I'm getting sleeved on the 28th!! How are you doing on the pre op diet?

I am also getting sleeved on the 28th. The pre op diet sucks, but doing my best.

@@Peekboo I had hiatal repair too. I thought that contributed to the pain, but theory is out the window since you had the same procedure w/minimal pain

@Kathy812-

I didn't think I'd need the pain meds much, but boy was I wrong! I was on IV pain meds for 1st full day after, then switched to oral after dye test was okd & I even con't them at home for 1st few days, esp if I overdid & got too sore. I decided it was ok to use them- they were ordered for a reason. If you have pain- you're better off to treat it & keep moving than have it get so bad that you don't move & end up taking even more pain meds or getting complications. I also had my gallbladder remover which meant 2 more incisions- not sure if that made pain worse. But we all experience pain differently.

Edited by SimplySue

@@AmyinNC -

Was it 2 weeks since your sleeve? I'm curious to hear how your week goes. I return to work next week & am nervous about getting in fluids & Protein & the planning ahead....

Edited by SimplySue

athomas - OMG I hate them !!!! They are horrid and sweet, and just gross? There has to be other things to get those Proteins ins !

Kathy - Oh geez, sorry for the pain !! Ice pack is good, walking and moving is super beneficial so you don’t get stiff. I’m not a good person to talk to about pain meds. They gave me morphine after surgery. As soon as I was completely alert I didn’t taken anymore. See if walking helps :)

Delta - see if HEB has some before you go. awww I can’t wait for you to get home to the hubby !! That’s great !!

Susan - So glad you’re doing better !!!!

Amy - Congrats on going back to work ! That’s awesome ! sleep well :)

Pink - welcome !!!! hang in there. It will be soooo well worth it !!

Chelle’s thoughts …

So tonight I went to the grocery store. I bought different Soups. So tonight I took a can of crab corn Soup. Added a cup of my double milk and blended until liquid. I had a cup of it which seems about half. So it was a flavorful way to get 10 grams of Protein. Now I’m really hope I’m not pushing my pouch. I mean it’s liquid… The way I understand it is if it falls off a spoon it’s liquid, if it stays, it’s a puree. It’s interesting how people think… I feel good. Not a bunch of energy, and I was tried today, but I feel good. So I’m questioning why I”m feeling good. Not happy with anything LOL. Also, thank you guys. You are such a great support team. Couldn’t have done any of this without you :) … okay, well I could have but it would have sucked :)

You must I mean MUST dilute it. It's too much for our sleeves. My Dr gave me that tip.

Well maybe that was the problem cause I did not dilute it...

@@Peekboo I had hiatal repair too. I thought that contributed to the pain, but theory is out the window since you had the same procedure w/minimal pain

I also had a repair.

Hey all of you sleevers wanted to say congrats on your surgery hope you are doing well! It is a long road but well worth it sending prayers and positive thoughts!

Also wanted to update so you know it is Possible!

Went and had blood test all in the normal range!! Protein vitamins!! Amen!!

I have now lost half my body weight! was 240 size 22 - 24 pants.

was 240 size 3X 4X shirts.

Surgery was January 13th 2014 drum roll now 120 lbs size 6 pants Size Medium Shirt!

Will take pictures in my new clothes in a few days and post!!

God bless you sweet dreams angels on your pillows!!

P.S. BMI in beginning 38 now 21

P.S.S. Did have problems in the beginning but now knock on wood problem free and weight loss success story!

Have to say this, grandsons were over this weekend they are 4 and 8 we were getting ready to take them home husband said let us make sure they are not leaving anything behind. He went into living room and picked up a pair of pants. He then proceeded to say these are too small for me Johnny you are leaving a pair of jeans behind. I proudly said those are mine! :P Remember anything is possible we are going to be successful and we are going to live happy and healthy lives. We can lead by good examples. If you ever need to vent I am just a message away! Again for those about to do IT! You Got This!

Edited by blondie45044

Hey all of you sleevers wanted to say congrats on your surgery hope you are doing well! It is a long road but well worth it sending prayers and positive thoughts!

Also wanted to update so you know it is Possible!

I have now lost half my body weight! was 240 size 22 - 24 pants.

was 240 size 3X 4X shirts.

Surgery was January 13th 2014 drum roll now 120 lbs size 6 pants Size Medium Shirt!

God bless you sweet dreams angels on your pillows!!

P.S. Did have problems in the beginning but now knock on wood problem free and weight loss success story!

Have to say this, grandsons were over this weekend they are 4 and 8 we were getting ready to take them home husband said let us make sure they are not leaving anything behind. He went into living room and picked up a pair of pants. He then proceeded to say these are too small for me Johnny you are leaving a pair of jeans behind. I proudly said those are mine! :P Remember anything is possible we are going to be successful and we are going to live happy and healthy lives. We can lead by good examples. If you ever need to vent I am just a message away! Again for those about to do IT! You Got This!

Good Morning everyone, today I woke up not at my best. I felt dizzy every time I stood up. I'm 7 days post op have any of you experienced this? Maybe I'm not getting enough Fluid in? I did pretty good the day before yesterday but yesterday not so good.

I'm at the hospital, surgery is at 10:20, pray for me friends!

????praying now. You will have a blessed and successful surgery.