Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

I'll catch up on the board today. But maybe our pioneers can help me. I"m supposed to set my alarm every 15 minutes and sip 30ccs throughout those 15 min. I"m having a hard time doing it. Sometimes I have something that is good, that i just want to sip on it for about 20 min until I feel full and no longer want it. Then today I ate a sugar free Jello in about 20 minutes. That is way too fast. Even Water. Went on a 2 mile walk, and drank about a cup of Water. But it wasn't every 15 min.

Anyone else not following this 15 min rule? I'm trying to listen to my sleeve ... maybe I'm wrong. :/

I'll catch up on the board today. But maybe our pioneers can help me. I"m supposed to set my alarm every 15 minutes and sip 30ccs throughout those 15 min. I"m having a hard time doing it. Sometimes I have something that is good, that i just want to sip on it for about 20 min until I feel full and no longer want it. Then today I ate a sugar free Jello in about 20 minutes. That is way too fast. Even Water. Went on a 2 mile walk, and drank about a cup of Water. But it wasn't every 15 min.

Anyone else not following this 15 min rule? I'm trying to listen to my sleeve ... maybe I'm wrong. :/

I decided to listen to my sleeve and not do the 15 minute rule. By doing that I managed to get down 52 ounces of water. Today is the first day that I actually felt like myself. I'm full of energy and I'm not dizzy or faint. I call my sleeve Amanda because she can be demanding at times! I have my first post op appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping I can advance to purée food only if Amanda can handle it. Has anyone else named their sleeve?

Susan

I was exactly like you. I only followed the 15 min rule the first 2 days. Then I could drink the Protein Drink, about 12 ounces in about 30 minutes. I can do it about 20 minutes. I will see my doctor on Tuesday. I will ask about it. I dont seem to be having any issues with gas or pain. I hope it doesn't mean that I will be able to eat hardy too, lol.

Peek and Lovely ! Thanks. I really do think that's the important factor is learn your sleeve. I know if I drink too much I don't like it. In fact I just made homemade cream of mushroom Soup. After about 4 spoon fulls, I'm done for a awhile !! I just needed some more savory stuff.

Peek - How often do you have to go for a checkup? and Thanks for asking your doctor. I heard that the reason for the 15 min rule is to see if you're going to be sick. I can understand it, but it's a bit not practical.

Lovely - Amanda.. HAHA ..That's great !! Oooh your first pre op appointment tomorrow ! How exciting ! Have you weighed or have been doing well and not stepping on the scale?

Susan - I'm so glad you're doing so much better !!! Makes me happy !

JMS - oh sweetie. Excited for you ! Have an excellent surgery and let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.

Ssoch - 8 more days !! EEEk.. how you feeling? Excited or nervous or both ? lol

Tahneesamson - Are you having a sleeve or a lap band? Welcome !

SimplySue - How are you feeling? Getting your walking in too?

Chelle's Mushroom Soup - Full liquids

Hand full of diced mushrooms in a pan. Spray some non stick butter spray. Season them with light salt and pepper (or whatever seasoning you want). Cook until sautéed.

Once cooked, add them to your blender and add about a half a cup of chicken broth. Blend until liquid or the best the blender can do. If there are any chunks, strain it.

Add a cup of milk, and a 1/3 cup of non fat milk powder (this makes double milk for your proteins). Heat up and sip accordingly.

I really enjoyed this today. It was different :)

Double Milk - I use a cup of Fat Free Mootopia (12 grams of protein), and 1/3 cup of non fat milk powder (8 grams of protein). Mix. That way you can have 20 grams of Protein. Great to mix with Soups, Protein shakes, fruit in a blender. Or just by itself.

Edited by chellede

I'm getting sleeved the same day! I have to arrive at the hospital at 7:30am. What time is your surgery?

Hey!

I have to be at the hospital at 9:00 am. And my surgery is at 12:00 noon..are you excited?

I'm getting sleeved the same day! I have to arrive at the hospital at 7:30am. What time is your surgery?

Hey!

I have to be at the hospital at 9:00 am. And my surgery is at 12:00 noon..are you excited?

Mona !! Have a great surgery tomorrow !!!!!! HUGS !

Chellede and everyone, we can all do it! Yay!

The Soup sounds great. This Tuesday will be my 1st apt, my 2 weeks. I then have a 1 month and then one a month til one year. How about the rest of you?

Chellede, thanks for the awesome recipes!!! And thanks for being such a great cheerleader =)

Thanee, you will do great. Good luck to all our October sleevers.

Peek, for some reason I thought you already had your two week. How exciting ! I think I'm on a similar schedule.

Tahnee - That's great ! You'll do super !!!

Steph - Any time !! .. did I miss your surgery date?

QUESTION - .. how is everyone's incisions doing? Mine are itching like crazy and I have a weird rash on my stomach. I have a text into my bariatric coordinator. Both my husband and I don't think they look right.

OOOh.. and I know I"m losing weight.. I'm starting to get cold very very easily. lol

Sorry for all the babble tonight. I'm just .. well.. me.. talkative ;)

Did any of you post op sleevers use a CPAP machine? And if so could you please share your experience. Also even if you didn't use a machine were there any sleep apnea issues? Thank you xoxo

Hey Babble girl, lol, chellede

My incisions started itching at about one week. One was very swollen and irritated but calmed down quickly. My belly button area developed a large bruise that it didn't have the week prior but it doesn't hurt so I guess its just tissue trama. I thinkim healing pretty good.

Chellede, I think we were maybe the same day? I was sleeved on 10/13. I am already getting cold too!!! It's so strange, because I was ALWAYS hot before!

I hope you figure out what's going on with your incisions. Are you possibly allergic to tape?