Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

You're sweet Gennie !

That's good ! My bariatric coordinator told me yesterday to try as many different types of Vitamins. Exactly what they said to you. Tastes are funky lol. Even just a change of flavor might do it :)

I'm getting sleeved Oct 13th. Day 10 of liquid diet. For some reason was really hungry yesterday.

Got through it though. Starting to get really anxious! Hopefully by Christmas I will see myself looking smaller!!

@@chellede you are freaking awesome! The time you take to reach out is so awesome! I haven't yet tried more Vitamins but will tomorrow ... They finally called back and said sometimes tastes and textures are funky right after surgery so keep calm and try a different one lol

She is awesome :)! That's so true about taste, I've been dealing with nausea this afternoon. My hospital didn't offer me a broth or Jello, they offered me Protein Shakes. We all know that Protein shakes differ and there are a lot of shakes that don't agree with us. Guys I was given 3 different shakes and I couldn't drink one of them, 2 sips really hurt my stomach.

Since I will be discharged in the morning I'm having my husband bring a few Premier shakes from home so I can drink them before I leave the hospital. If Premier doesn't work I have my Unjury.

@chellede ,you are !!don't worry about anyones feelings except your own!

@dana825.im 3 days post op and feeling okay.i was in hospital overnite and thet broght me chicken broth, tea,cranbury juice and Water for breakfast.1 sip each!lunch was tuna, creamy chicken broth,decaff tea and water again 1 taste each!i got 1 premier choc in today,took 6hrs to drink it.had a 1/4 cup chicken salad pureed with broth.still working on my smart water from 8 am.thats 33oz.and walk walk walk

@@Peekboo

Glad you are doing well!

@@Williams3909

Today was your day. I hope you are doing well!

@@AmyinNC

Yay! Glad you are doing well!

@

Glad you are home and doing well!

@@Brian T. Poe

You go the day before me. Good luck!

@@genniexfresh

flinstone Vitamins are allowed on my Vitamin list. They taste better than my bariatric ones and are smaller.

I wanna join up with this great group! So glad to be reading some of the earlier date success stories. I go Oct 14....& I am super nervous,can't wait until it's over. 2 years ago I cancelled my lap band 4 days b4 surgery...but I feel different about this one, and the sleeve option.I just wish it was over with!

I'm hoping to get sleeved before the end of the month. I have an endoscopy scheduled for the 15th checking for hiatal hernia and I need a psych eval other than that all I have to do is pick a date and pay my deductible.

I am so excited for each of you, sounds like your doing well! My sleeve surgery was Jan 14, 2014 and I still do not feel hunger. The vitimins I use are Nascobalamin B=12 Nasal Spray. BariActiv chewable Calcium, Bariactiv Iron plus C chewable as well. Qpharxmacy delivers them each month by mail for $25 dollars a month. sugar free Jello, Water and chicken broth was my go to for my liquid. I'm grateful for the unjury chicken Soup broth, because while on the clear liquid diet and it allowed me to have a substantial amount of Protein (26 g) in just 8 oz of clear liquid.< /span> Keep your heads up and remember that while the weight lost may seem slow in the beginning those pounds will soon begin to melt away. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for each of you and know you have a lot of support here for you.

Have a blessed day and good luck on your success. I love how you are keeping the post up. I wish I would have posted as you are doing. Really helpful for those about to have surgery. post-201260-0-79406400-1412849898_thumb.jpg

Edited by blondie45044

Since I can only have 5 links in my signature, I'm creating this post to post all the links I find. If you have a link you think is helpful, let me know ! I'll add it :)

List of October Surgeries

List of Abbreviations

List of shakes

List of what you need at the hospital

Bariatric Dos and Don'ts

List of places to get Free Samples

chellede...

Thank You for your continued efforts to help us Newbies out. I have actually printed some of these list and added them to my binder. I'm a bit old school and I still like to hold a book and be able to reference it freely. Again thanks for all that you are doing to make things easier for us.

I am up and walking and got home last night. Still sore but it's improving. The key is to keep walking. The thirst part was the worst part of day 1. Take your chap stick!! Ask for a sponge to run in your mouth. Y'all have got this!