Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

guys, i woke up today so anxious and scared, i was crying. i can't wait for this wait to be over, and i don't even know if i'm going to be 10/21 or 10/28 yet. i called the insurance company yesterday to see if i've been approved yet and it's still pending. my mom just gave me grief on the phone that i "stressed her out" yesterday and i can't/don't want to deal with that. my birthday is friday and i want to spend it with her, my daughter, my boyfriend and as many of my cousins that can make it (at her house, cause everyone lives near her in brooklyn ny except me and my boyfriend in maryland). she's upset that i don't know exactly who is coming yet. geez, we're just ordering in pizza!!! now i feel lousy about her being upset, and i feel even worse that i don't want to have to care about her feelings right now. i want this to be all about me!

i'm babbling. i'm just having a bad day, and i want to go home and go back to bed until it's time for my surgery.

good luck to all who are getting sleeved today!

Hello Oct Sleevers

I had my sleeve done yesterday afternoon and im doing well. Not much pain but I had some nausea. I have my swallow nest in a few hours. I have been thirsty but not hungry. Three of the nurses here had the sleeve done by my surgeon I. They all look good.

@@peekaboo I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well!

Edited by genniexfresh

Checking in....had my sleeve done yesterday morning. Had little nausea and pain has been bearable for the most part. Not sure if I'll go home today or tomorrow.

guys, i woke up today so anxious and scared, i was crying. i can't wait for this wait to be over, and i don't even know if i'm going to be 10/21 or 10/28 yet. i called the insurance company yesterday to see if i've been approved yet and it's still pending. my mom just gave me grief on the phone that i "stressed her out" yesterday and i can't/don't want to deal with that. my birthday is friday and i want to spend it with her, my daughter, my boyfriend and as many of my cousins that can make it (at her house, cause everyone lives near her in brooklyn ny except me and my boyfriend in maryland). she's upset that i don't know exactly who is coming yet. geez, we're just ordering in pizza!!! now i feel lousy about her being upset, and i feel even worse that i don't want to have to care about her feelings right now. i want this to be all about me!

i'm babbling. i'm just having a bad day, and i want to go home and go back to bed until it's time for my surgery.

good luck to all who are getting sleeved today!

Calm down maybe you Celebrate before and not be in such a rush. .when is your b day. The day before my surgery I had to do a full bowel cleanse. I couldn't anything what so ever and couldn't be around anyone that's for certain. Do you know what your pre surgery requirement are I mean I didnt learn about the bowel cleanse until 2 days before surgery. I hope you feel better.

@@spelmanite10, my bday is this friday, and my surgery is either 10/21 or 10/28. my surgeon's requirements are 4 days liquid only before surgery day, so i'm cool for celebrating my bday. pizza! NYC pizza! :)

Congrats @@spelmanite10 !!! That's great!

Since being cleared to start shakes and Vitamins I tried the multi Vitamin and Iron yesterday and I felt really nauseas unlike any feeling I've have since surgery but I laid down and relaxed and took it easy all day.... I just now took my Multivitamin (trying to give it a shot again) and not even 5 min later I was reaching for an empty cup on my night stand throwing up ???????????? has anyone else experienced this?

Congrats @@spelmanite10 !!! That's great!

Since being cleared to start shakes and Vitamins I tried the multi Vitamin and Iron yesterday and I felt really nauseas unlike any feeling I've have since surgery but I laid down and relaxed and took it easy all day.... I just now took my Multivitamin (trying to give it a shot again) and not even 5 min later I was reaching for an empty cup on my night stand throwing up ???????????? has anyone else experienced this?

athomas I'm in AndersonSC and am scheduled for Oct 13. Started preop diet today. Good luck to you!!

@BP MamaG are you using Bariatric Solutions

I'm home now. Very sore, but getting thru it. Surgery went well. I have lost 9.5 lbs already, but that is to be expected. Good luck everyone.

Counting down!! October 13th, last pre op appointment tomorrow, getting nervous and excited :)

I have been on this preop diet now for 3 weeks, I have 1 more week to go. It has truly been a challenge. But I lost 25lbs while on it.. I am so ready for surgery on the 16th!!!!

Okay, I"m all caught up on this board ! So many great stories , so many of us still anxious, and all the awesome people having their surgery at the end of Oct doing the awesome pre op diet. :: round of applause for all of us :::

For me.. I have been busy ! Surgeons appointment, Pre Op appointment. And yesterday I met with my bariatric coordinator at the hospital.. This lady is a such a life line! We went over the first two phases in detail, with recipes, exercises. Also what is going to happen pre op, during op, and post op. She has already called me today to see if I'm out and about doing my shopping list for my surgery. I wish I would have known I was going to get "a lady". Until a few days ago I thought I was on my own. So I was trying to figure everything out myself.

QUESTIONS

1) How are your spouses doing with this? Are they supportive? Oblivious? There but not there?

2) To those who have had surgery. I hear how bad the thirst is? Is it really that bad?

3) is there anything you wish you would have brought to the hospital that you didn't?

SUGGESTIONS?

I talked with my bariatric coordinator and she said to go around to all the different stores and buy single servings of the Protein shakes/powders. Here in texas we have HEB and Kroger. They have their individual brands. Just buy one to see if you like it. I thought that was a good idea ! Also the samples from online places.

Does everyone have a list of how to maximize your Protein intake with double milk recipes and stuff like that? If not, I can share out of my book :)

To those who are having surgery today ! Good lucky ! Let us know how you're doing ! Those who recently had surgery, Keep on walking !!!!! To those who began pre op diet - YOU GOT THIS ! and of course our pioneers .. thanks for keeping us updated and you're seeing the results you want :)

Have a great day everyone !

lovelytrl - I have been thinking of doing a you tube channel all about the surgery. I’ll let you know if I do :)

Dana - I am sooooooo proud of you for getting up and walking !!!!!!

Trisey - hope the gas pains go away! LOL @ mad sit-ups. I like that. Did you get a book or anything about all the bagillion ways to get your Proteins in? There’s a thing called double milk.. which has double the protein. If you need more information, let me know! I’ll see what I can find for you !!

Tardis - Congrats on your blood pressure !!!!

Gennie - Oh Gennie, have you tried different Vitamins?

Peekaboo - Congratulations !!! How did the test go and are you up and walking ?

Williams - Congrats on your sleeve !! Let us know how you are doing as soon as possible !

Jessiquoi- relax.. you’re going through sooo much mentally ! I really am starting to believe we lose our mind while we get closer to surgery date. I’m convinced my husband doesn’t love me right now haha.. which I know is not true ! You’ll have a good birthday Friday ! And the surgery date will come. You go it this. Relax :)

Amy - Congrats !!!! Are you up and walking?

Spelmanite - Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!! I’m so proud of you !!!

Sleeveme - Congrats on being home. Keep walking !!!

Brian - I’m adding you to the list !!!

fathoms - congrats on sticking with the pre op diet ! That’s awesome !!!

Lin - how are you doing?

Nikky - how are you doing?

VSG - How’s that pre op diet going?
cantwait2014 - Welcome ! Same surgery date as me :)

KarenF1972 - You're listed as the 14th ! Now we are surgery buddies !!!! How’s that pre op diet going?

abetterbrandi, Layknee, Kimberly_R, Fireweed, cjenkins74, Williams3909, downsizingdebs , cantwait2014 - all of you have been added to the list ! Welcome !!

Since I can only have 5 links in my signature, I'm creating this post to post all the links I find. If you have a link you think is helpful, let me know ! I'll add it :)

List of October Surgeries
List of Abbreviations
List of shakes
List of what you need at the hospital
Bariatric Dos and Don'ts

List of places to get Free Samples

Okay, I"m all caught up on this board ! So many great stories , so many of us still anxious, and all the awesome people having their surgery at the end of Oct doing the awesome pre op diet. :: round of applause for all of us :::

For me.. I have been busy ! Surgeons appointment, Pre Op appointment. And yesterday I met with my bariatric coordinator at the hospital.. This lady is a such a life line! We went over the first two phases in detail, with recipes, exercises. Also what is going to happen pre op, during op, and post op. She has already called me today to see if I'm out and about doing my shopping list for my surgery. I wish I would have known I was going to get "a lady". Until a few days ago I thought I was on my own. So I was trying to figure everything out myself.

QUESTIONS

1) How are your spouses doing with this? Are they supportive? Oblivious? There but not there?

2) To those who have had surgery. I hear how bad the thirst is? Is it really that bad?

3) is there anything you wish you would have brought to the hospital that you didn't?

SUGGESTIONS?

I talked with my bariatric coordinator and she said to go around to all the different stores and buy single servings of the Protein shakes/powders. Here in texas we have HEB and Kroger. They have their individual brands. Just buy one to see if you like it. I thought that was a good idea ! Also the samples from online places.

Does everyone have a list of how to maximize your Protein intake with double milk recipes and stuff like that? If not, I can share out of my book :)

To those who are having surgery today ! Good lucky ! Let us know how you're doing ! Those who recently had surgery, Keep on walking !!!!! To those who began pre op diet - YOU GOT THIS ! and of course our pioneers .. thanks for keeping us updated and you're seeing the results you want :)

Have a great day everyone !

lovelytrl - I have been thinking of doing a you tube channel all about the surgery. I’ll let you know if I do :)

Dana - I am sooooooo proud of you for getting up and walking !!!!!!

Trisey - hope the gas pains go away! LOL @ mad sit-ups. I like that. Did you get a book or anything about all the bagillion ways to get your Proteins in? There’s a thing called double milk.. which has double the protein. If you need more information, let me know! I’ll see what I can find for you !!

Tardis - Congrats on your blood pressure !!!!

Gennie - Oh Gennie, have you tried different Vitamins?

Peekaboo - Congratulations !!! How did the test go and are you up and walking ?

Williams - Congrats on your sleeve !! Let us know how you are doing as soon as possible !

Jessiquoi- relax.. you’re going through sooo much mentally ! I really am starting to believe we lose our mind while we get closer to surgery date. I’m convinced my husband doesn’t love me right now haha.. which I know is not true ! You’ll have a good birthday Friday ! And the surgery date will come. You go it this. Relax :)

Amy - Congrats !!!! Are you up and walking?

Spelmanite - Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!! I’m so proud of you !!!

Sleeveme - Congrats on being home. Keep walking !!!

Brian - I’m adding you to the list !!!

fathoms - congrats on sticking with the pre op diet ! That’s awesome !!!

Lin - how are you doing?

Nikky - how are you doing?

VSG - How’s that pre op diet going?

cantwait2014 - Welcome ! Same surgery date as me :)

KarenF1972 - You're listed as the 14th ! Now we are surgery buddies !!!! How’s that pre op diet going?

abetterbrandi, Layknee, Kimberly_R, Fireweed, cjenkins74, Williams3909, downsizingdebs , cantwait2014 - all of you have been added to the list ! Welcome !!

@@chellede you are freaking awesome! The time you take to reach out is so awesome! I haven't yet tried more Vitamins but will tomorrow ... They finally called back and said sometimes tastes and textures are funky right after surgery so keep calm and try a different one lol