Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

How did your surgery go ? how you feeling? We are thinking of you! You guys are our october pioneers :)

@EndlezzPozzibilities

@joyful0402

@Pennyface

@trisey

@@genniexfresh

@@JenW~79

@@Lin1738

@@kmuecke

@@tardis76

@@jmsgal

@@kccat3594

@@happymama2014

Edited by chellede

My surgery is scheduled for October 8th. I've been so excited up to this point, but today my mind has been racing with so many thoughts... Am I ready for this life changing surgery? Do I really want this? Why am I doing this? Why don't I just continue losing weight on my own?...

We will get through this! Good luck to all of you!

How did your surgery go ? how you feeling? We are thinking of you! You guys are our october pioneers :)

@EndlezzPozzibilities

@joyful0402

@Pennyface

@trisey

@@genniexfresh

@@JenW~79

@@Lin1738

@@kmuecke

@@tardis76

@@jmsgal

@@kccat3594

@@happymama2014

hey everyone! Thanks for the support! I was sleeved at about 9am yesterday 10/01/14.... I'm doing great! Being that I had no sense of time I asked to get up and walk about an hour or 2 after being taken into my room from recovery. I walked up and down the halls about 4 times and then got back in my bed ... I asked for pain meds once because my one incision was and is still in pain but that is all. Out of all 5 incisions the far right one is the most tender and the gas pain is ridiculous!! I've been walking a lot ... Way more than anyone else who was in there with me but I still can't seem to get relief from the gas pain! I've been home since 1pm and took a Tylenol since then and that's it .. No pain meds that were prescribed to me at all!

Pulelehua ! You are not alone ! I've had that thought too today. They won't stop ! Three people this week asked how much weight I've lost. I've just been going to the gym and on a low fat diet. Then I started thinking "Well maybe I can do this on my own..." ... but realistically if we could do it on our own, we would have done it. :) I'll add you to the list :)

@genniexfresh Congrats :) That's awesome you're walking around a lot. I heard that's good for the gas pain. Wait? you're home? Wow !!! How is it sipping stuff to drink?. Proud of you !

@genniexfresh Congrats :) That's awesome you're walking around a lot. I heard that's good for the gas pain. Wait? you're home? Wow !!! How is it sipping stuff to drink?. Proud of you !

Thank you! And yes I'm home! I was discharged today about 11am so just about 24 hours later. All night I sipped away and got in and out of bed alone I would walk to the bathroom and everything alone. I wouldn't get a long sleep so it seemed like every hour I was up using the bathroom and I would say well let me walk and sip while I'm up! So based on the night time nurses notes that were passed on to the DR he didn't even see me himself.... He ordered and electronic discharge!

Thank you! And yes I'm home! I was discharged today about 11am so just about 24 hours later. All night I sipped away and got in and out of bed alone I would walk to the bathroom and everything alone. I wouldn't get a long sleep so it seemed like every hour I was up using the bathroom and I would say well let me walk and sip while I'm up! So based on the night time nurses notes that were passed on to the DR he didn't even see me himself.... He ordered and electronic discharge!

That's awesome, congratulations!

@@chellede

Thanks so much for making a list. Lots of people going in October! I'm excited but nervous.

Thank you for typing up the list!! Great prayer list!

October 15! Memphis, TN. I got my date on this past Wednesday. Hard to believe it's in less than two weeks. Started this journey on May 8 and five short months later - WOW! Can't believe it!! Still in shock!

love the list, @@chellede!

my update is that i have been submitted for insurance approval, and my surgeon's office confirmed that i will be sleeved in october. this is my birthday present to myself as well, my bday is 10/10.

my surgeon only does surgery on tuesday, so it will be either 10/21 or 10/28, because i am unavailable before then with family stuff. i may be one of the last of us to get sleeved this month, so i'm grateful for all the sharing you do after you get sleeved.

my surgeon only requires 4 days of liquid only pre-op, so i'll start it on a friday (i'm off), deal with it thru the weekend at home, and probably work at home or take off that monday before surgery. i'm afraid of doing weird diet things and going out of the house, as i'm a type 1 diabetic. i'm going to take the first week off, and work at home for 3 weeks after surgery, so i'll get used to my food and insulin changes before returning to the office.

it's getting REALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Hi there! Well my surgery date was changed to Nov 6. During my ultrasound of my liver they found something and after further testing it is said to be a tumor appearing to be (non aggresive and not cancerous). So until I got the all clear I had to move my date I was so nervous and an emotional wreck. I was super sad though when my Oct day came and went as I realize now its another month until my life will change:)

@@happymama2014, in the long run a month is nothing. keep your chin up... that's really great news that it's not cancerous!

wow Happy Mama ! How scary !!!!! What a relief to know it's not cancer ! As jessiquoi said.. a month is not that far away. In fact, it's good ! It gives you time to get your emotions back in check and ready a different roller coaster :)

And everyone is welcome for the list. It's easier to keep track of everyone and who needs the special attention :)

I hope all those on pre op diets are doing well and hanging in there !

For me.. I went through the phase of "I'm scared", to "I'm excited", to "Why am I doing this" I've been stuck thinking "Oh, I can lose the weight, I go to the gym..." ... realistically I know that's not true. I think it's fear based talking myself out of it. I'm sure it's normal.. especially right after getting the surgery date.

i was at my mom's this weekend and a lot of my cousins were there. i shared the fact that i was having the surgery with them, and they were all very supportive. i love my family!!! and i figured, anyone who wasn't supportive, i could ignore because i don't really get to see them that often.

luckily, i told them that i wasn't telling anyone else, because my mom didn't realize that. she thinks i put everything on Facebook (she hates facebook, doesn't get the privacy things at all, and is always saying "don't put me on the facebook!" lol). although i am generally an in-your-face kind of sharing everything kinda girl, i think anything about my weight loss efforts or weight in general may be hurtful to me, so i'm being very selective about who i tell, at least until i start to show the results. after the fact, i may be more open and who-cares-what-you-think. i just don't want anyone to make me second guess or feel bad right now, i need all my positivity kept up!