Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Buddies wanted

My Gastric Bypass is scheduled for October!! I need all the support I can get so if anyone wants a buddy please let me know :) Thank you

I was just scheduled yesterday for September 30. I would love to buddy with you. Starting to feel a little overwhelmed and not sure what to start preparing. Wondering if I should start to buy Vitamins or Protein supplements now or wait until after? Start my 2 week blended diet on 9/16 and that will be the end of eating as I know it, forever. Feels very strange. Marianneva, what is your date? Where are you at? I am in Iowa.

I am schedule for my bypass on 9th October. 'm not sure what buddying up involves as I have only just joined this site, but I am obviously very nervous and excited and it would be good to have other people on the same journey as me to talk to.

Great! I am a little anxious but excited too! Waiting for a call from my doctors office with next steps.

robbinp I am in Virginia, surgery is scheduled for Oct 27th :)

I think I will be in October too. Completed all my requirements this month then submitting to insurance. Im very excited and not nervous at all.

Gastric bypass in Charlottesville VA October 6! Let's do this!

I'm new to this site also. I am currently going through all the requirements. My doctor said I am currently looking at an October surgery date also.

Ok I'm curious what the time frame is from getting approval to surgery date. Is is like 2 weeks. 30 days. So 2 weeks waiting for approval then 4 weeks for the surgery date. Another 45 days from paperwork being submitted. Any ideas?

It's a lot faster if you are prepay. Let's see. I went to my first info session may 25, then first doctor consult in June. Follow ups and physicals with pcp in July. Paid for my surgery and got in scheduled in mid august for October 6 ( they offered September 20 but I have a business conflict). So it would be about 4 months start to finish, but the actual surgery was scheduled 2 months after "approval" or in my case pre-pay.

My understanding is that scheduling depends on the hospitals capacity, and how popular the procedure is.

Edited by superbariatricbabe

October here! Got my approval call today and go September 4th for one final informational/planning appt and to schedule surgery. Was really hoping to have it done in September, but I've got a cruise to go on October 9th-12th so looking at having surgery once I come back. Good luck everyone!

I'm in the middle of preop hoops (testing) and I'm on track for mid to late October. Keeping fingers crossed!

Ok I'm curious what the time frame is from getting approval to surgery date. Is is like 2 weeks. 30 days. So 2 weeks waiting for approval then 4 weeks for the surgery date. Another 45 days from paperwork being submitted. Any ideas?

It's going to depend on your insurer and the surgeon. I know they only did the initial check on benefit level etc. prior to setting my date. That said, my company is self-insured rather than fully insured, so they select their level of benefit and the hoops involved rather than having those set by an insurance carrier like BCBS, Aetna, Cigna, etc. With a different plan, it's likely to take longer. I've actually been beyond blessed on the insurance front as I won't end up paying a single dime (100% coverage In Network, no deductible In Network).

My timeline will be 2 months to the day from first appointment to surgery date. Because my insurance requires no weight loss trial, I got through appointments with a PA, Nut, BH, and my surgeon in one week. My first appointment was on a Friday and the following Thursday we were discussing dates. They actually offered me 9/19 which would be 42 days, but I have a family wedding to attend that weekend. I ended up with a 10/8 date instead.

My date is October 2!!! YAY!!!! I'd love to have a buddy! Whatever that entails :-) I'm starting to get nervous when I see other people posting their dates and I see that my date is before theirs, I'm like, WHOA, this is REALLY FINALLY happening!!!!!